Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

only here can we have a pro Freeman and con Freeman thread on the same page.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
    people trash Freeman for having a bad season or 2 when his team fell apart on him but are willing to overlook the past 2 seasons that Eli has given us, you can't have it both ways guys...
    Where is Moorhead state I need to save this comment lol

And Eli has 2sb mvps and a hof worthy career, josh freeman has had one good year, there's really no comparison at all between the 2

Btw idk why you said the last 2 years for Eli, he had a ****ty year in terms of numbers last year but not the year before

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
      This!
      I'm baffled by posters being so ignorant on these boards at times. Screaming that Freeman is terrible, washed up, etc. Freeman is a decent QB. Better than any of our back-ups by FAR. Not only that but he is proven. Yes, he had a bad season and game but can we say the same thing for Eli.
      Josh Freeman gives us something we haven't had in a very long time, he gives us a chance if Eli gets hurt or benched.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
        A hundred moves and back up QB signings later, they still haven't found a back up as good as Carr was.
        I liked Carr but he wasn't winning any key games imho.
        Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

Wake up, Mr Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes

Comment

Originally posted by Aufidius View Post
            Josh Freeman gives us something we haven't had in a very long time, he gives us a chance if Eli gets hurt or benched.
            He's young and has potential, and is much better than what we have as a backup now.

Good pickup IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mookskingdom View Post
              Where is Moorhead state I need to save this comment lol

And Eli has 2sb mvps and a hof worthy career, josh freeman has had one good year, there's really no comparison at all between the 2
              Btw idk why you said the last 2 years for Eli, he had a ****ty year in terms of numbers last year but not the year before
              the year before he had a crappy second half of the season and I think it was the beginning of his slide...

Comment

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

In 2010 Freeman had a "Pro Bowl" year. I don't see any Nassib or Painter "Pro Bowl" NFL years in the NFL record books......I looked....there were none

Comment

With the FO being so quite, we could have a no Freeman thread. They must be getting pretty close to the cap. Can't officially sign him until they adjust the finances.

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                      In 2010 Freeman had a "Pro Bowl" year. I don't see any Nassib or Painter "Pro Bowl" NFL years in the NFL record books......I looked....there were none
                      i have to agree

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                        i have to agree
                        We now have a option with Freeman as the back up QB. We could've used him last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                          It matters because the guy is in the meeting room with Eli and the offensive staff while they are putting together a game plan. It matters because he is the guy on the sideline as a second set of eyes for Eli between series. It matters because he is probably running the scout team and has to emulate the opposing QB. The backup QB is very important supporting cast member. I actually think that Carr did a good job in this role. He seemed like he had the brain to play QB but Houston ruined him. Flynn would have been the best choice at this point but he wanted to be in GB.

I prefer the Giants go back to their championship ways and carry only two QBs to keep a deeper active roster.
                          Wasn't looking for an update of what a backup QB does for a living. I realize all of that. My point is simple, I never want to see our backup QB have to play.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                            people trash Freeman for having a bad season or 2 when his team fell apart on him but are willing to overlook the past 2 seasons that Eli has given us, you can't have it both ways guys...
                            Yeah I'm willing to overlook Eli's 2 down years because he delivered the SB trophy twice in the last 5 years and I know the reasons for those down years had little to do with his skills as a QB!!!
                            Josh Freeman hasn't done anything to earn any benefit of the doubt.
                            Last edited by bigblue58; 04-21-2014, 08:17 AM.
                            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Aufidius View Post
                              We now have a option with Freeman as the back up QB. We could've used him last year.
                              The Vikings could've done without him last year

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                                So according to you....the guy who has had 2 bad seasons and produced nothing should get more of a pass than the guy who has 2 SB rings in the last 5 years? How does that make any sense??
                                Eli's 2 down years can be directly linked to his aging OL, anemic running game and being out of synch with the two receivers who skipped all the off season programs.
                                Who's had 2 SB's in the last 5 years?
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X