49ERS will likely pass on Aldon Smiths Option

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Read each of my last 2 posts, were not the judge nor the jury for the giants, if Reese and Coughlin had a sit down with him and thought they can manage to keep him in line, I for one have confidence in their judgement, its paid off before as many like to forget and/or ignore
    Of course we're not the judge or jury, so what makes your decision any more right than any else's. Everyone has, and is entitled to, their opinion. Personally, I think he's had more than enough trouble to question his ability to focus on football.

Should they decide to bring him on the roster, that's what they do, no problem. Right now were hypothesizing and I don't recall them taking this much of a chance in recent memory. Maybe Will Hill, and we lost him for how many games?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I just wanna know what harm would it bring? Its pretty obvious at this point any contract he gets is going to be completeh risk based, if he ****s up we cut him with little to no penalty, its a low risk, high high HIGH reward situation.. if tom and jerry were to give it their ok, consider me siked

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        Of course we're not the judge or jury, so what makes your decision any more right than any else's. Everyone has, and is entitled to, their opinion. Personally, I think he's had more than enough trouble to question his ability to focus on football.

Should they decide to bring him on the roster, that's what they do, no problem. Right now were hypothesizing and I don't recall them taking this much of a chance in recent memory. Maybe Will Hill, and we lost him for how many games?
        But I'm not saying they should or shouldnt do anything, I'm saying I trust our organization to make the right call, if we did sign him would all the people saying dont sign him be pissed off? And don't forget Bradshaw, Manningham and I know I'm forgetting a couple

Comment

I just wanna know what harm would it bring? Its pretty obvious at this point any contract he gets is going to be completeh risk based, if he ****s up we cut him with little to no penalty, its a low risk, high high HIGH reward situation.. if tom and jerry were to give it their ok, consider me siked
          Say we sign him, he gets into trouble, he gets suspended, and we cut him. What have we gained? Now we have to find someone eating potato chips on his couch to fill that roster spot.

All actions have consequences and sometimes the calculated risk isn't worth it.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Say we sign him, he gets into trouble, he gets suspended, and we cut him. What have we gained? Now we have to find someone eating potato chips on his couch to fill that roster spot.

All actions have consequences and sometimes the calculated risk isn't worth it.
            That seems like a very low risk to me as it still wouldnt gut any of our recources (cap) and we wouldn't necessarily need to sign someone "off the couch" we could call someone up from the practice squad or sign someone who was just cut from another team, we cut about what 40 players before the season starts anyway? Or were you laying out a scenario where he gets in more trouble at some random point during the regular season? And to answer your question in that case we gain nothing but we also lost very little, we bet a dollar on a chance to win a million, ill take that bet every time no matter how unlikely I am to win

Comment

But I'm not saying they should or shouldnt do anything, I'm saying I trust our organization to make the right call, if we did sign him would all the people saying dont sign him be pissed off? And don't forget Bradshaw, Manningham and I know I'm forgetting a couple
              I trust them as well. But if I were asked on the weekly Saturday morning call I get from Jerry, I'd vote no.

Comment

I don't think anyone thinks it automatic but just like with any other move, its a game of odds, we do have a drill sargent of a head coach and a stable, respectable organization so if he can be helped, were one of a few teams who might be able to
                Correlation does not equal causation.
                Just because Tom Coughlin is an old school guy doesn't mean he can help Aldon. Just because We are a respected organization doesn't mean we can help Aldon.

Until he finds a way to clean up his messes, I want no part of him here, or anybody like him.
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'd be ticked because I would be waiting for the other shoe to drop with Smith and the N.Y. tabloids to have a field day dragging the Giants through the mud when he got arrested again.

And you can't use Bradshaw and Manningham as comparisons to Smith. Neither one of them had a rap sheet like Smith's.
                  One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Correlation does not equal causation.
                    Just because Tom Coughlin is an old school guy doesn't mean he can help Aldon. Just because We are a respected organization doesn't mean we can help Aldon.

Until he finds a way to clean up his messes, I want no part of him here, or anybody like him.
                    So, when he proposes, that's a no?

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                      I'd be ticked because I would be waiting for the other shoe to drop with Smith and the N.Y. tabloids to have a field day dragging the Giants through the mud when he got arrested again.

And you can't use Bradshaw and Manningham as comparisons to Smith. Neither one of them had a rap sheet like Smith's.
                      I honestly don't even remember what they did I just remember legal issues and character concerns being the reason they each fell so far in their drafts and we were able to steal them

Comment

So, when he proposes, that's a no?
                        Victor wouldn't be too pleased if I said yes.

Comment

I honestly don't even remember what they did I just remember legal issues and character concerns being the reason they each fell so far in their drafts and we were able to steal them
                          Yeah, but that's much different than continually breaking the law.

Bradshaw and Manningham never got in any trouble during the season. Or even the off season.
                          Bad comparison.

Comment

Victor wouldn't be too pleased if I said yes.
                            You can juggle them both. After all, Victor gave you a van, this guy......

Comment

I trust them as well. But if I were asked on the weekly Saturday morning call I get from Jerry, I'd vote no.
                              If Reese said he liked what he heard in their interveiw with him, I'd vote yes yes yes! Like I said its like betting a dollar with a long shot to win a million, if I were a GM this is exactly the kinda gamble I'd love to make

Comment

Yeah, but that's much different than continually breaking the law.

Bradshaw and Manningham never got in any trouble during the season. Or even the off season.
                                Bad comparison.
                                Not with us, their troubles were in college, they cleaned themselves up once they got here

Comment

Working...
                                X