No announcement yet.

49ERS will likely pass on Aldon Smiths Option

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I don't blame them for passing on. Aldon has blew away all his opportunities to make up IMO down there in SF.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Niners didn't pass on Smith, they picked up his option.

I hope we wise up and keep Will Hill.. I think it would be useless to squabble over the character of football players at this point. They are a flawed, high strung bunch

Comment

Originally posted by Geebanga718 View Post
        Niners didn't pass on Smith, they picked up his option.

I hope we wise up and keep Will Hill.. I think it would be useless to squabble over the character of football players at this point. They are a flawed, high strung bunch
        Well you got that right...
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

^^^ There are more potheads on ur college campus my dear

Comment

Who are you telling? Lol

Comment

the potheads on a college campus have nothing to do with the NFL or Will Hill. Those kids are not gifted athletes who had an opportunity to make millions of dollars and be set for the rest of their lives. Whether pot should be legal or not, or if NFL players should be allowed to use it is irrelevant, right now it's a banned substance and he needs to follow the rules.

anyone who can't give up weed for a chance at millions and having a very successful NFL career is a complete idiot..case closed. Stop comparing him to yourselves..no one cares if you smoke a lil weed..you are not a prized athlete who's decisions effect a whole organization
              Last edited by DownWitJPP; 05-02-2014, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                the potheads on a college campus have nothing to do with the NFL or Will Hill. Those kids are not gifted athletes who had an opportunity to make millions of dollars and be set for the rest of their lives. Whether pot should be legal or not, or if NFL players should be allowed to use it is irrelevant, right now it's a banned substance and he needs to follow the rules.

anyone who can't give up weed for a chance at millions and having a very successful NFL career is a complete idiot..case closed. Stop comparing him to yourselves..no one cares if you smoke a lil weed..you are not a prized athlete who's decisions effect a whole organization
                /over and out

Comment

Good post DownWitJPP. You hit the nail on the head!

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post

+100.
                    One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

• Will Hill had his chances to straighten out. Yes he is a great Football player but what good is he if he is always suspended. I don't think the Giants should waste there time on Will Hill anymore. Find a replacement Hill would rather get high than play football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        Lol what makes people think Tom Coughlin is Jesus and the Giants are a church. We can't just automatically heal people and change their ways.
                        Touche', Like with the Will Hill situation the Giants Organization has given plenty of chances. The 49ers have been knocking on the door of supremacy throughout this mans career, what more can you ask, not to mention Haurbaugh seems like a players coach and if he cant reach him, I'll pass on this-New offense, 16 free agents + draft picks that's a lot of turnaround, we don't need the distraction, we need our core reliable.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Who, rationally speaking, says "bomb" to a TSA agent and then aggravates law enforcement when he's confronted? The guy make POOR DECISIONS, sometimes there is no cure for stupid
                          A couple of marines 3 months ago yelled insurgents are boarding this plane don't go, to scare people.
                          An army PFC last year left a bag in the AMC terminal with a note saying Boom! But the idiot forgot he left his tags in the side pocket
                          Just to name a few.....
                          People make stupid decisions all the time, regardless of stature, job, upbringing etc...

I am sure its not as closed shut as people are making it out to be, as fans we don't want confrontational players because we fear distraction, but if Reese and Coughlin feel the risk is worth the reward and that they can place some behavioral restructuring tools in place to keep him focused on football, then I am sure they will make an effort to get him.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                          @Katdaddyjay 17h
                          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                            Bradshaw got hit with underage drinking, resisting arrest and petty larceny in college. Manningham's issues were with testing positive for weed and lying about it. Neither compares with Smith.
                            Resisting arrest is pretty much close to the argument Smith had any the airport with authorities.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                            @Katdaddyjay 17h
                            @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                            http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                              Resisting arrest is pretty much close to the argument Smith had any the airport with authorities.
                              Okay. You can make the case that those two things are similar. But Smith's rap sheet since he's been in the league is longer and more serious than Bradshaw's college rap sheet. If the airport arrest was the only thing that Smith had done that could be brushed aside as just being dumb. But the airport arrest wasn't just a standalone incident. Smith still has felony gun charges hanging over him.
                              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

• **** Aldon Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X