Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ERS will likely pass on Aldon Smiths Option

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...th-year-option

He will become available. Despite the Off-Field issues/concerns.

Go get him. Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin and the NY Football Giants organization (Will regret not getting him especially if he winds up on the Cowboys, Redskins, or Jets)

Put him in this NY Giants team structure and he will be fine. The dude is a supreme talent.

Lol what makes people think Tom Coughlin is Jesus and the Giants are a church. We can't just automatically heal people and change their ways.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

dood need to get checked out and probably put on some kind of medication.

Comment

I'd want no part of him with my team, were I GM. Way to many issues with this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue&WhitePride View Post

Go get him. Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin and the NY Football Giants organization (Will regret not getting him especially if he winds up on the Cowboys, Redskins, or Jets)

Put him in this NY Giants team structure and he will be fine. The dude is a supreme talent.
          Too much baggage I'm afraid. His decision making process seems to be in an altered state
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            Lol what makes people think Tom Coughlin is Jesus and the Giants are a church. We can't just automatically heal people and change their ways.
            But as Queen, you can just will it
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              I don't think anyone thinks it automatic but just like with any other move, its a game of odds, we do have a drill sargent of a head coach and a stable, respectable organization so if he can be helped, were one of a few teams who might be able to

Comment

Originally posted by Blue&WhitePride View Post

Why do people keep thinking that TC and the Giants can tame every troubled player? Regardless of how talented Smith is if he couldn't stay out of trouble with the Niners on the West Coast he's not suddenly going to become a model citizen with the Giants in New York.

Smith has some issues that he needs to deal with and not just legal ones. I'd rather the Giants sign a talented player who isn't going to divide his time between jail/court/rehab/.
                One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mookskingdom View Post
                  I don't think anyone thinks it automatic but just like with any other move, its a game of odds, we do have a drill sargent of a head coach and a stable, respectable organization so if he can be helped, were one of a few teams who might be able to
                  Bring in Smith and McClain, right?

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                    Why do people keep thinking that TC and the Giants can tame every troubled player? Regardless of how talented Smith is if he couldn't stay out of trouble with the Niners on the West Coast he's not suddenly going to become a model citizen with the Giants in New York.

Smith has some issues that he needs to deal with and not just legal ones. I'd rather the Giants sign a talented player who isn't going to divide his time between jail/court/rehab/.
                    Were not gonna find someone out there that's half as talented as smith, and idk if we have a 100% success rate but we've gotten a lot out of players who've come here with "baggage" in recent years, if the giants brought him in for a visit I'm sure they can make a good judgement call on wheather they think they can help him or not

Comment

I work with horses, if they don't want to drink, you can lead them all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                        Bring in Smith and McClain, right?
                        You can't let it go can you? Lol sad, but yes if Coughlin and Rees in company think they can manage them after talking with each (and think McClain can still be effective) than I would absolutely love Smith and like McClain as a backup/ST signing

That's my opinion dude deal with it.

Comment

Were not gonna find someone out there that's half as talented as smith, and idk if we have a 100% success rate but we've gotten a lot out of players who've come here with "baggage" in recent years, if the giants brought him in for a visit I'm sure they can make a good judgement call on wheather they think they can help him or not
                          Who, rationally speaking, says "bomb" to a TSA agent and then aggravates law enforcement when he's confronted? The guy make POOR DECISIONS, sometimes there is no cure for stupid

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            I work with horses, if they don't want to drink, you can lead them all day long.
                            Read each of my last 2 posts, were not the judge nor the jury for the giants, if Reese and Coughlin had a sit down with him and thought they can manage to keep him in line, I for one have confidence in their judgement, its paid off before as many like to forget and/or ignore

Comment

Everybody has baggage. It just depends on what baggage is worth dealing with and what isn't. The Niners know firsthand what baggage Smith has and despite his talent they decided he wasn't worth the trouble anymore.

If Smith looked like he was cleaning himself up and getting back on track I wouldn't have a problem with the Giants bringing him in, but he's not showing any signs that he's getting his act together or even trying to. The Niners realized that and are cutting their losses.
                              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X