X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
    i agree at least for another year maybe 2

NOPE!

If he sucks this year, he wont last the entire 2015 season. He will end up being replaced or he'll be given a phantom injury to save face. Book it!

the giants are NOT that loyal to ELI. Trust me, if he has a season thats between 2012 and 2013 (meaning, not as bad as 2013), then hes DONE in there eyes. He will play out his contract and be gone after 2015

guarantee it

NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS

Originally posted by Generation Eli
    1 and done, and its not even close

Packers 30
    Giants 13

Comment

the FO is in the drivers seat as far as contracts go. 2014 will tell the tale of who stays and who is asked to leave politely. though i could see Ekli have a so so year and still get 2015 to turn it around.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
        I've been trying to figure out who out there right now is comparable to Eli statistically. The using Td/Int ratio, and career completon percentage the closest player to him seems to be Kyle Orton, and actually Orton is the better of the two statistically.

http://www.footballdb.com/leaders/ac...ing-tdintratio

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...erc_active.htm

Ortons YPG seems to be about the same too factoring in the attempts and number of games.

Eli has played really well at times; but his overall statistics are really not very impressive. I'm not all that optimistic that he's going to return to really good form in 2014. He seems to be a streak player, and last year he really didn't have many good games. I appreciate the two streaks he put together that ended up with SB titles; but the defense played incredible football during those runs too. Year in and Year out, Eli is an incredibly average QB. Statistically, he's not even average, he's below average. The Eli groupies will hate it; but, this team has to be ready to move on from Eli, perhaps sooner rather than later. Nassib and Freeman will be waiting in the wings this year, and if Eli falters, at some point Coughlin may have no choice but to pull him and give someone else a chance. We can hope that the new system helps him return to better form. Sometimes change is the best thing for a player in a funk like Eli has been for a while now.
        All these 2 links show is that passing stats, per se, are but a small part of what makes for a great QB.

In the case of Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, and Brees, (and to a lesser extent, Roethlisberger), the superior passing stats align with their respective successes in season records and championships. Shocker. Like nobody knew that.

After those 5, the passing stats lose significance, and fast.

The only stat of Orton that compares to Eli's is comp %.

He HAS played for more teams than Eli has--a total of 4--with 1 less year in the league, so I guess that means he's been in more demand by teams than has Eli. So he has that going for him. Which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
          Why isn't Josh Freeman the future? Have you looked at his NFL record?
          Lmao. You are a funny guy mr stroud.
          sigpic

Comment

You have to wonder if Eli is actually mentoring nassib. Brett Favre didn't take Rodgers under his wing.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
              All these 2 links show is that passing stats, per se, are but a small part of what makes for a great QB.

In the case of Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, and Brees, (and to a lesser extent, Roethlisberger), the superior passing stats align with their respective successes in season records and championships. Shocker. Like nobody knew that.

After those 5, the passing stats lose significance, and fast.

The only stat of Orton that compares to Eli's is comp %.

He HAS played for more teams than Eli has--a total of 4--with 1 less year in the league, so I guess that means he's been in more demand by teams than has Eli. So he has that going for him. Which is nice.
              Orton has been an incredibly average QB in organizations that he often didn't have much of a supporting cast. Eli has been an incredibly average QB in a solid organization that has given him some real weapons his entire career. If anything, Ortons accomplishments are more impresive because he's often played on some poor teams. When Eli's weapons falter, such as Plax shooting himself, or Nicks self destructing, Eli doesn't seem to be able to rise to the occassion. Some fans love him, and some fans, like me, have very little confidence in him now. He's the man in this organization right now and we all have to hope he comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
                Best Case Scenario:

When Eli Manning retires Ryan Nassib takes over plays great and leads us to a Superbowl victory, like Aaron Rodgers did after Brett Favre left. Its possible although I see Eli Manning playing at least 4 or 5 seasons with the Giants. Also what if Eli Manning has another bad season, what do the Giants do? Its something to think about. And actually Ryan Nassib would still be a young QB assuming Eli Manning stays for 4 or 5 more seasons.
                ..........and the realistic scenario?
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                  Pretty much. Orton is fine from his own 20 but tends to clam up as the field shortens. I don't think he's comparable to Eli at all.

Hard to tell what will happen with Nassib without having seen him in a live situation. I'm looking forward to watching him in preseason.

Comment

This years passing attack will be much less reliant upon melding Eli's mind with that of his receivers. Gilbride's 'tree' routes should be a thing of the past. Eli and Reuben/Cruz should be on the same page 85% of Eli's passes.

Comment

Originally posted by jintsfan666 View Post
                      This years passing attack will be much less reliant upon melding Eli's mind with that of his receivers. Gilbride's 'tree' routes should be a thing of the past. Eli and Reuben/Cruz should be on the same page 85% of Eli's passes.
                      This is true. We still need another strong WR. Maybe it will come through the draft and a more simplified O package.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
                        It's possible Nassib will be a free agent long before Eli is done being our starter.

Eli could have two more seasons like last season, and he'd still be our starter. His job is not in jeopardy at all.
                        If Eli plays this season like he did last season, then we'll have a top 5 pick and be in the running for Mariota.

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                          Why isn't Josh Freeman the future? Have you looked at his NFL record?
                          If his NFL record were all that and a bag of chips, he would be starting somewhere and would not have been sitting on his couch waiting for a call.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Ryan Nassib is more likely to be a camp cut than the future of this team.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                              Ryan Nassib is more likely to be a camp cut than the future of this team.
                              From what he's shown so far definitely! I'd give Freeman way better odds at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
                                Orton has been an incredibly average QB in organizations that he often didn't have much of a supporting cast. Eli has been an incredibly average QB in a solid organization that has given him some real weapons his entire career. If anything, Ortons accomplishments are more impresive because he's often played on some poor teams. When Eli's weapons falter, such as Plax shooting himself, or Nicks self destructing, Eli doesn't seem to be able to rise to the occassion. Some fans love him, and some fans, like me, have very little confidence in him now. He's the man in this organization right now and we all have to hope he comes back.
                                Eli doesn't rise to the occasion ???? Really?? I guess you were not around for the playoff run on the road on '07. Wow, some if you need a good 10-20 year drought like some of us here have seen in the past so you can learn to appreciate Eli who DOES rise to the occasion in the big games down the playoff stretch and in the big one.

Comment

Working...
                                X