Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan Nassib Is The Future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ryan Nassib Is The Future

    Best Case Scenario:

    When Eli Manning retires Ryan Nassib takes over plays great and leads us to a Superbowl victory, like Aaron Rodgers did after Brett Favre left. Its possible although I see Eli Manning playing at least 4 or 5 seasons with the Giants. Also what if Eli Manning has another bad season, what do the Giants do? Its something to think about. And actually Ryan Nassib would still be a young QB assuming Eli Manning stays for 4 or 5 more seasons.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

  • #2
    It's possible Nassib will be a free agent long before Eli is done being our starter.

    Eli could have two more seasons like last season, and he'd still be our starter. His job is not in jeopardy at all.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
      It's possible Nassib will be a free agent long before Eli is done being our starter.

      Eli could have two more seasons like last season, and he'd still be our starter. His job is not in jeopardy at all.
      If Eli has two more seasons like last season, there may well be an accelerated search for his replacement.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        I believe that if Eli starts next season the way he played last season and we start losing games because of it I would not be surprised at all to see him get benched in favor of whichever backup has looked the best....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          If Eli has two more seasons like last season, there may well be an accelerated search for his replacement.
          If Eli has an upcoming season like his last, they will expedite their search for a replacement. He is going to throw a ton of picks. That's a given. He just better have more tds and wins.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
            Best Case Scenario:

            When Eli Manning retires Ryan Nassib takes over plays great and leads us to a Superbowl victory, like Aaron Rodgers did after Brett Favre left. Its possible although I see Eli Manning playing at least 4 or 5 seasons with the Giants. Also what if Eli Manning has another bad season, what do the Giants do? Its something to think about. And actually Ryan Nassib would still be a young QB assuming Eli Manning stays for 4 or 5 more seasons.
            It's a little early to annoint Nassib as the future of the franchise when we don't even know if he can actually play at an NFL level yet. My guess is 2014 will answer some questions about Eli and Nassib's futures with the Giants. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants draft another QB in 2015, either as a potential replacement for Eli, assuming he doesn't bounce back, or a replacement for Nassib if he doesn't inspire confidence in the Giants with his pre-season play.
            One of these teams is not like the others

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
              If Eli has an upcoming season like his last, they will expedite their search for a replacement. He is going to throw a ton of picks. That's a given. He just better have more tds and wins.
              Yup. He needs to stop turning the ball over at such a high rate.
              If he honestly threw just one pick a game, I would be so happy. Averaging 2 a game is ridiculous. Not all of them are his fault but still.
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                Yup. He needs to stop turning the ball over at such a high rate.
                If he honestly threw just one pick a game, I would be so happy. Averaging 2 a game is ridiculous. Not all of them are his fault but still.
                I won't get into the "who's to blame for Eli's picks" debate because that topic is played out. He is a risk taker and the mistakes will come at a high rate regardless. I am more concerned about the tds. I would be very happy with about 2 of those per game because that means we will be winning a lot of games.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                  I won't get into the "who's to blame for Eli's picks" debate because that topic is played out. He is a risk taker and the mistakes will come at a high rate regardless. I am more concerned about the tds. I would be very happy with about 2 of those per game because that means we will be winning a lot of games.
                  I know lol I was just saying.
                  Mood: WOOF!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've been trying to figure out who out there right now is comparable to Eli statistically. The using Td/Int ratio, and career completon percentage the closest player to him seems to be Kyle Orton, and actually Orton is the better of the two statistically.

                    http://www.footballdb.com/leaders/ac...ing-tdintratio

                    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...erc_active.htm

                    Ortons YPG seems to be about the same too factoring in the attempts and number of games.


                    Eli has played really well at times; but his overall statistics are really not very impressive. I'm not all that optimistic that he's going to return to really good form in 2014. He seems to be a streak player, and last year he really didn't have many good games. I appreciate the two streaks he put together that ended up with SB titles; but the defense played incredible football during those runs too. Year in and Year out, Eli is an incredibly average QB. Statistically, he's not even average, he's below average. The Eli groupies will hate it; but, this team has to be ready to move on from Eli, perhaps sooner rather than later. Nassib and Freeman will be waiting in the wings this year, and if Eli falters, at some point Coughlin may have no choice but to pull him and give someone else a chance. We can hope that the new system helps him return to better form. Sometimes change is the best thing for a player in a funk like Eli has been for a while now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't think anyone has seen enough of Nassib to make a bold statement like "he is our future". But, I do agree with some that are saying if Eli plays like he did last year that we will see an accelerated search for his replacement.

                      There are those that will say it's the fault of the receivers, O-line etc... but what is missed in that argument is that if the Giants are among the worst in talent on the offense, keeping Eli makes no sense and is unfair to him. It also is of no benefit to the Giants to keep him at that pay scale considering the results last year could be achieved by just about any QB.

                      Personally, I still hold out hope that he can bounce back. But, if he doesn't I won't be upset if they try some other options.
                      My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Why isn't Josh Freeman the future? Have you looked at his NFL record?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
                          It's possible Nassib will be a free agent long before Eli is done being our starter.

                          Eli could have two more seasons like last season, and he'd still be our starter. His job is not in jeopardy at all.
                          i agree at least for another year maybe 2

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If he stinks it up again this year he and his mentor are toast

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              technically yes

                              as in

                              hes the future QB of the giants.....because hes going to play a preseason game for them in the future.

                              thats about all we really know at this point

                              heck, theres a chance hes traded during or before the draft. Crazier things have happened


                              NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS



                              Originally posted by Generation Eli
                              1 and done, and its not even close

                              Packers 30
                              Giants 13

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X