Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you feel when Reese called Eli skittish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I thought it was a fair comment. I believe he said it after the '06 season, and we all know that Eli's job was in fact in jeopardy (as was Coughlin's) had we not had a good season in '07.

The comment pissed off Eliophiles but of course anything less than passionate jubilation at the mere mention of Eli has a way of setting them off.
    agreed
    i mean dang , he had everything around him a top 5 line a top 3 RB, BJ was bad *** too, he had a great FB Snee in his prime big mac ohara, seubert a young diehl , pretty darn good vet WR's

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      agreed
      i mean dang , he had everything around him a top 5 line a top 3 RB, BJ was bad *** too, he had a great FB Snee in his prime big mac ohara, seubert a young diehl , pretty darn good vet WR's
      It was "refreshing" to hear our FO acknowledge what we all knew we were seeing. It's the same feeling I had when Mara questioned why we had seen JJ sooner.

Comment

agreed
        To answer your question, I felt very concerned. I am a big fan of Eli, but at that point I was wondering what might become of things for him.

Comment

Be honest, how did it make you feel , was it justified to light that fire under a struggling QB, or did you resent Reese for doing it?

or maybe you didnt take to much stock of it? please share your thoughts.
          I have no idea why he said it publicly, but I didn't take any exception to the message, if that's what it was.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

It was "refreshing" to hear our FO acknowledge what we all knew we were seeing. It's the same feeling I had when Mara questioned why we had seen JJ sooner.
            yes, i loved the honesty, many cant take it but i also found it refreshing that the fO didnt just take the same lame company line and bs comments. Just tell t like it is , hey if the coach messed up say it , your concerned over a player let it be know that you are aware at least working on it. dont give me this bs well he did fumble 40 times this year but we arent concerned about it, line.

Comment

yes, i loved the honesty, many cant take it but i also found it refreshing that the fO didnt just take the same lame company line and bs comments. Just tell t like it is , hey if the coach messed up say it , your concerned over a player let it be know that you are aware at least working on it. dont give me this bs well he did fumble 40 times this year but we arent concerned about it, line.
              Agree totally and that is one of the reasons I have lost some respect for TC.

Comment

this was in 2006 i believe , Eli had a bunch of starts and was struggling on the nfl level at the time.

He hasn't missed a game in almost 10 years. Get over it.

Comment

Agree totally and that is one of the reasons I have lost some respect for TC.
                  He's never been one to feed the media. I don't see that as a problem. Belichick is even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by njersey View Post
                    He hasn't missed a game in almost 10 years. Get over it.
                    i dont see the connection

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                      I didn't have a problem with JR calling Eli skittish just like I didn't have a problem with him saying Eli needed to 'self-correct' after 2010. Eli needs somebody to light a fire under him, because I honestly don't think TC and KG ever really did. Eli seems to perform better when somebody's pushing him and I hope that McAdoo will push Eli, too.
                      This converys my thoughts perfectly.

As docile as he appears to be on the field, I think he gets mentally shaken up and loses focus a bit when things dont go well in a game. He does seem to thrive a bit more when hes pushed or forced into a corner
                      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

i dont see the connection
                        I believe his point is you have to be pretty tough to make it as a starting QB 10 straight years without missing a game.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                          I believe his point is you have to be pretty tough to make it as a starting QB 10 straight years without missing a game.
                          but i never said he wasnt or was injury prone nor did reese so thats why i dont see the connection to what reese said. if anything that is one thing eli has or shall i said had was he wasnt prone to injuries.

Comment

but i never said he wasnt or was injury prone nor did reese so thats why i dont see the connection to what reese said. if anything that is one thing eli has or shall i said had was he wasnt prone to injuries.
                            I think "skiddish" can be interpreted as "soft" and after the 49er playoff game in 2011 I see no way Eli could ever be considered soft. He is not a flashy QB but if he wins I don't care how he does it.

Comment

I really don't give a **** what Reese says. He needs to focus on his job
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by krankeybluechick View Post
                                I really don't give a **** what Reese says. He needs to focus on his job
                                Have some wine with Easter dinner did we?
                                Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-20-2014, 09:16 PM.
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                                X