Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Cruz, One Year Later

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Cruz is a solid player but after the Ryan Clarke hit........he was never the same gambler he had been

    and it shows in his stats......they are headed south not north

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
      you left out the very next line though:

      The line couldn't protect the quarterback; the quarterback couldn't stop throwing it to the other team; the running game didn't exist; and the top outside receiver didn't want to play. Once defenses realized Hakeem Nicks no longer cared about trying to get open, they double-teamed Cruz and took the Giants' passing offense's one remaining threat out of the game.

      thats what he was talking about
      I purposely did that, because thats the opinion of the writer, not what is factual to everyone. I just don't see that, I am neutral on the matter, fan of nicks, but if the organization saw fit for him to leave then so be it, but I am an advocate of the player, have always been and I feel that the blame was pointed in the wrong direction.

      Retweeted by Rueben Randle
      @Katdaddyjay 17h
      @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
      http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
        Cruz is a solid player but after the Ryan Clarke hit........he was never the same gambler he had been

        and it shows in his stats......they are headed south not north
        Don't agree with that, but thats your opinion, he went up with two defenders on him to grab a poor high ball and suffered for it, players who have shell shock don't go up for those balls. trust me I know, I suffered a little shell shock myself sophomore year in high school.

        Retweeted by Rueben Randle
        @Katdaddyjay 17h
        @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
        http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
          I hear you Roa, I just saw something different when I reviewed the coaches tape. I mean barring the TD's his yards and YAC was up there with a guy that was struggling in a bad offense as opposed to a guy just quitting on the team; imho

          - "there were a couple of potential TD's that were poorly thrown his way, if you have the time look at the first 8:00mins of the Vikings game, that one was glaring, I can note others just gotta go over some notes on my other comp."

          There is no denying the entire offense sucked, collectively. The few bright spots for the entire season were Cruz, Pugh, and Randle.

          I don't know what was wrong with Nicks, but he eliminated injury as a factor. It seemed to me, with a very untrained eye, that Nicks was not about to give himself up to make a play. What created that in him, again I don't know or really care.

          He's moved on and it's probably for the best for him and the Giants.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
            Cruz is a solid player but after the Ryan Clarke hit........he was never the same gambler he had been

            and it shows in his stats......they are headed south not north
            We'll just have to see this season. He has still be the most productive receiver for the three years he's played.

            But if you were right, Cruz would have play all 16 games last season instead of giving himself up in game 14 trying to hau in a pass.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
              I purposely did that, because thats the opinion of the writer, not what is factual to everyone. I just don't see that, I am neutral on the matter, fan of nicks, but if the organization saw fit for him to leave then so be it, but I am an advocate of the player, have always been and I feel that the blame was pointed in the wrong direction.
              You have to keep in mind that no one called Cruz's effort into play or accused him of being unreliable/quitting on the team. TC came out and said Nicks wasn't reliable. If the head coach felt Nicks wasn't reliable and had no problem saying it then it lends more credence to the idea that Nicks quit on the team in a contract year. Throw in the fact that the FO basically gave Nicks the bum's rush means they felt that he quit too.
              One of these teams is not like the others

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                You have to keep in mind that no one called Cruz's effort into play or accused him of being unreliable/quitting on the team. TC came out and said Nicks wasn't reliable. If the head coach felt Nicks wasn't reliable and had no problem saying it then it lends more credence to the idea that Nicks quit on the team in a contract year. Throw in the fact that the FO basically gave Nicks the bum's rush means they felt that he quit too.
                I think there is a lot more to this than what the media gives us, I know with my eye and what I saw on the tape review, it was the product of a terrible offense and not that anyone quit on the team, to accuse a player of quitting is a big thing and imho his stats even as a minimal as they are; are not indicative of a person that quit or jogged routes.

                Oh well its over and done with onto the next season

                Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                @Katdaddyjay 17h
                @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  Meh not really. Nothing we didnt already know.
                  So? How does that make it a not nice article? Lol
                  Mood: WOOF!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    So? How does that make it a not nice article? Lol
                    No smoking gun
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                      I think there is a lot more to this than what the media gives us, I know with my eye and what I saw on the tape review, it was the product of a terrible offense and not that anyone quit on the team, to accuse a player of quitting is a big thing and imho his stats even as a minimal as they are; are not indicative of a person that quit or jogged routes.

                      Oh well its over and done with onto the next season
                      Everybody knows the offense was terrible. But Nicks was the only one on the offense being accused of not being reliable/quitting on the team and that wasn't just coming from the media. And when you're a player in a contract year and you're not producing and your effort/work ethic is being called into question that's not a good sign. Especially when your head coach calls you out, the team makes no effort to re-sign you and your hometown team, the Panthers, that needed WRs shoves you in the direction of another team.

                      If Nicks had given the effort in 2013 that we had seen him give in previous years the Giants most likely would have made him an offer to stay and/or he would have gotten offered more than a one-year prove it deal from the Colts. I wish Nicks well, but he dug his own grave with the Giants and with his value on the open market.
                      One of these teams is not like the others

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        He wouldn't necessarily know that about the folks here, and you might recall a lot of folks saying he's going to sign and disappear. It's less about the who than the need for some to just find the negative in everything. He was routinely called a diva, and worse.

                        But TC was not happy and that's understandable. When asked about Nicks and Cruz missing time he said they needed to be there. He's the coach, that's how he's supposed to react
                        I never worried. Cruz isnt a diva. Sure he is trying to build his "brand". but he wont sacrafice his on the field play for it. He isnt that kind of personality. If you cant see that, there is something wrong. He is the closest thing to a sure bet we have on this team.

                        Reminds me of Larry Fitz in that respect. Humble, hard working, WR.
                        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          I never worried. Cruz isnt a diva. Sure he is trying to build his "brand". but he wont sacrafice his on the field play for it. He isnt that kind of personality. If you cant see that, there is something wrong. He is the closest thing to a sure bet we have on this team.
                          I agree with you then and now but there were any number of members who took issue with Victor being a diva, trying to bankrupt the team, etc.....
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                            Everybody knows the offense was terrible. But Nicks was the only one on the offense being accused of not being reliable/quitting on the team and that wasn't just coming from the media. And when you're a player in a contract year and you're not producing and your effort/work ethic is being called into question that's not a good sign. Especially when your head coach calls you out, the team makes no effort to re-sign you and your hometown team, the Panthers, that needed WRs shoves you in the direction of another team.

                            If Nicks had given the effort in 2013 that we had seen him give in previous years the Giants most likely would have made him an offer to stay and/or he would have gotten offered more than a one-year prove it deal from the Colts. I wish Nicks well, but he dug his own grave with the Giants and with his value on the open market.
                            I think a lot of people want to jump all over Nicks but I believe he really was playing hurt, and did have a pretty good year yardage wise and making key grabs......at over 16 YPC he led the team. Did he have bad body language, yes sometimes, but if you rated players on body language Eli would be bagging groceries

                            He will be missed.......you heard the same BS about Osi and Osi was truly missed.......for most of the season the opposing QB was virtually untouched

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              Pretty good article with a couple of soft spots.

                              They reference him mentoring Jernigan when he came back. How does the writer know this and are we to extrapolate that he wasn't mentoring Jernigan before signing the big contract.

                              The second silly part was where the writer uses throwaway words to describe Cruz after the contract signing. The writer says that "he came back to the team and worked even harder." How exactly does one measure that? And again by extrapolation can we conclude that he could have worked harder before the contract.

                              I hate to beat these guys up especially with a pretty well written article like this. I think they can make their points and keep it interesting without using tired throwaway phrases which sound like something important but really convey nothing objective.
                              Those aren't "throwaway words" they're 2 hackneyed phrases combined to create a hackneyed sentence. Hope that helped.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                                I think a lot of people want to jump all over Nicks but I believe he really was playing hurt, and did have a pretty good year yardage wise and making key grabs......at over 16 YPC he led the team. Did he have bad body language, yes sometimes, but if you rated players on body language Eli would be bagging groceries

                                He will be missed.......you heard the same BS about Osi and Osi was truly missed.......for most of the season the opposing QB was virtually untouched
                                Nicks played hurt in 2012 and nobody questioned his effort. And it's doubtful that the Giants would've given Nicks the bum's rush just because of 'body language'. And it's also doubtful that 'body language' kept teams from offering Nicks anything more than a one-year prove it deal.

                                Bottom line, the Giants were ready to move on from Nicks and Osi, which is why both are gone.
                                One of these teams is not like the others

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X