How To Beat Green Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Beat Green Bay

In order to beat Packers we must eat the time clock up not allowing AR to just get on and score when he want lets run the ball and pick up those first downs, if we can limit the Flags that would be a big plus. Also no drop passes Offensive Line Has to be at their BEST. Main factor is Keep AR on the pine! Lets Go Giants

Re: How To Beat Green Bay

[quote user="NjGiant42"]In order to beat Packers we must eat the time clock up not allowing AR to just get on and score when he want lets run the ball and pick up those first downs, if we can limit the Flags that would be a big plus. Also no drop passes Offensive Line Has to be at their BEST. Main factor is Keep AR on the pine! Lets Go Giants[/quote]

That sounds good, but that's not our MO. We don't do long lasting drives. We typically score on big plays. This year we're a quick-strike offense.

That being said they biggest factor in us winning this game is domination by the defensive line. We must get AR out of his comfort zone.

We have successfully rushed the QB all year long and we must win that battle again on Sunday. I've heard people talk about the secondary and the offense. If we get no pressure we could have Ronnie Lot and Primetime back there and AR would toast'em. The offense will put up points, but if this turns into a shoot out were going to lose that battle.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

It's easily known what's needed. We cant come out flat offensively. Have to pressure him just like we did Brady in the SB, and all great QBs to get them off their game, and have to cover receivers well.

Play sound football, no critical penalties in the 4th, make key plays when needed, run the damn ball effectively in the 2nd half.

If all that happens in our favor we have a chance. If not, we could lose. That's how it goes. It has to be a total team effort. Eli isnt beating the Pack on his own if the running game isnt working well or the D isnt doing their part.

Comment

Score TDs instead of FGs.

Win TOP battle. It won't guarantee anything, but keeping Rodgers off the field, as said, won't hurt. I don't think he's going to burn us like he has most teams.

And hit the *******. Knock him down, throw him around. Nothing flag worthy, but rough him up.

Comment

We gotta watch that kansas city game! They had a great plan to keep rodgers off the field and when he was on knock him down!

Comment

People say the Kansas City game was a fluke, that the Chiefs didn't expose the Packers and didn't somehow magically find the right formula to beat Green Bay.

But they did.

The OP is right. The way to beat Green Bay is to keep our offense off the field. But there's one small problem. Green Bay's defense is terrible. Our defense is prone to giving up the big play and the quick score. That puts AR right back on the field. The grind it out theory doesn't work all by itself simply because our defense doesn't limit opponents' production to a grind it out level. Unless, of course, the Giants backs are going to simply run for 4 yards and take a knee to keep the clock running.

To beat Green Bay you need a run game, surely, but you also need one of two other things to happen. Either Aaron Rodgers needs to beat himself, or the Giants have to stop Aaron Rodgers.

Comment

Best way to beat them is to..score more points lol.

Comment

We just need to play the way we have been the past 3 weeks and we will win this game. Rodgers has not played in 3 weeks come game time. He will be Rusty and will make some mistakes, I am sure the Pack will come out a little out of sinc as they have not played in 2 weeks come game time. We have been playing playoff football for 3 weeks now and I think we have the edge...I do not think this prediction is bold at all...Giants=34 Pack-24..... A TD in garbage time for the pack give them 24, I think we sit on 34 the whole 4th quarter playing conservatively with a very comfortable lead...

Comment

[quote user="NjGiant42"]In order to beat Packers we must eat the time clock up not allowing AR to just get on and score when he want lets run the ball and pick up those first downs, if we can limit the Flags that would be a big plus. Also no drop passes Offensive Line Has to be at their BEST. Main factor is Keep AR on the pine! Lets Go Giants[/quote]

You mean run the ball all day and not just for balance?
                  Originally posted by PennState1
                  In and around the end zone and on crucial plays, the ball should go to one of our 3 receivers and no one else if at all possible.

Comment

[quote user="Coach Carter"]You mean run the ball all day and not just for balance?[/quote]

Time of possession is the biggest key to the Giants beating the Packers. The Giants should be willing to sacrifice points on the board to maintain possession of the ball and keep the clock running. Quick scores will not beat the Pack. Quick scores puts Aaron Rodgers right back on the field, and that's exactly what New York doesn't want to see. If you guys can manage to keep the game close and scores low by running the ball 50 times on Sunday then we are in big trouble in Titletown.

Comment

Rodgers numbers are just plain sick at home. Not sure if there is a set formula to beat them, but controlling the clock would be a place to start!

Comment

You can't stop the GB offense, but you can slow it down. Normally I would agree with extending the drives and taking time off the clock, but keep in mind, GB is #1 in take-aways. They let an offense move down the field with a bend-don't-break style, keeping the ball in front of them, waiting for them to make a mistake. The Giants need to be focused and take shots when they are there, but be willing to give up on a play when it is not. On D, they need to take away the middle of the field and keep constant pressure on the backfield. It won't be easy... but as we have seen in the past, not impossible either.
                        My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

I say knock him out, it's a rough game and Rogers is well paid.
                          Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!

Comment

control the LOS, both on O & D...on O it allows us to play ball control, on D it attempts to neutralize Rodgers, as much as possible anyway.

Comment

[quote user="Spytheweb"]I say knock him out, it's a rough game and Rogers is well paid.
                              [/quote]

It couldn't be that easy. His backup, Matt Flynn, just threw for 480 yards and 6 TD's a couple weeks ago in a game that only mattered to the Lions. If Rodgers is knocked out of the game I'm very confident his backup will pick up where Rodgers left off, and we'd move along on offense without missing a beat.

Comment

Working...
                              X