Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    F the numbers

anyone who watched Joe Morrison knows that he was the most useful, versatile, and dedicated player to wear a NY Giant uniform
    None of those adjectives scream "offensive weapon". Joe Morrison was a bull in a china shop. If u want to compare him to jacobson, that would be ideal. he was no Tiki Barber.

Comment

Originally posted by Geebanga718 View Post
      None of those adjectives scream "offensive weapon". Joe Morrison was a bull in a china shop. If u want to compare him to jacobson, that would be ideal. he was no Tiki Barber.
      he was 10x the football player and 20X the man that Tiki Barber could ever dream to be

Comment

he was 10x the football player and 20X the man that Tiki Barber could ever dream to be
        Guys who played in that era played a different sport. They aren't comparable at all. I don't take anything away from him, but you can't take anything away from Tiki based on Joe Morrison and make any kind of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by TooEasy2 View Post
          Guys who played in that era played a different sport. They aren't comparable at all. I don't take anything away from him, but you can't take anything away from Tiki based on Joe Morrison and make any kind of sense.
          it's football and they are football players

completely 100% comparable

if anything Tiki played an easier game that catered to him putting up more numbers and having a better performance

Tiki was a fine player.... but he was nowhere near the player that Joe was

Comment

if anything Tiki played an easier game that catered to him putting up more numbers and having a better performance

Couldn't disagree more, but that's fine.

Comment

Couldn't disagree more, but that's fine.
              did you watch Joe play ?

do you have any idea the caliber football player one has to be to accomplish what he accomplished on the horrible teams he was on ?

he to this day is ranked right next to Tiki Barber in nearly every category within the record books.... and he played on some of the absolute worst teams in NFL history

teams with zero offense and zero defense ..... basically Joe Morrison vs. 11 guys

Comment

Tiki by far! People need to stop bringing up his post football issues. The question was about "who's the best Giants offensive player ever"...period!

LT was a coke head while actively playing & was charged with Rape not too long ago. Don't see how what Tiki has done is worse than that! Too many of you are just butthurt cuz he dissed Eli's leadership abilities as laughable, guess what, compared to his big bro Peyton, they are laughable. Tom Brady is a fiery leader & displays it both on the field & on the sidelines. Eli just stares out into space with that "Deer caught in the headlights" look when things are going bad. Just once I'd like to see him get on a recievers face when they don't run the right route & it ends up getting picked off.

Comment

did you watch Joe play ?

do you have any idea the caliber football player one has to be to accomplish what he accomplished on the horrible teams he was on ?

he to this day is ranked right next to Tiki Barber in nearly every category within the record books.... and he played on some of the absolute worst teams in NFL history

teams with zero offense and zero defense ..... basically Joe Morrison vs. 11 guys
                  I'm not old enough to have watched him play, but that doesn't automatically invalidate my opinion.

You clearly prefer the football and the football players of the 50s and 60s which in my view was a VASTLY different sport and therefore makes the comparison of players from such different eras an exercise in futility. This whole thing is not really a debate worth having.

Joe was a special Giant and I'm sure to you and many others he will always be our best offensive player.

I happen to think Tiki Barber was the best, and like I said, that is fine.

Comment

I'm not old enough to have watched him play, but that doesn't automatically invalidate my opinion.

You clearly prefer the football and the football players of the 50s and 60s which in my view was a VASTLY different sport and therefore makes the comparison of players from such different eras an exercise in futility. This whole thing is not really a debate worth having.

Joe was a special Giant and I'm sure to you and many others he will always be our best offensive player.

I don't prefer any players from any era

I think Jesse Armstead was special
                    I love Justin Tuck
                    I think John Mendengal had a motor that was second to none
                    I think Rich Seubert had the heart of a lion and the will of a soldier
                    I think JPP is a very gifted athlete and one of the best athletes this team has ever seen
                    I think Mark Bavaro was the best TE to ever play the game

I dont care what era you are from .... I judge players on their ability and the way they approach the game

and the last time I checked it is still 11 on 11
                    the field is still 100 yards long
                    there are still 4 downs to get 10 yards
                    the football is still a leather oblong air filled object with laces
                    and a TD is still worth 6 points

Comment

Originally posted by GmanSenior View Post
                      New York Giants franchise records

Currently held by tiki

Longest Touchdown Run: 95 yards, December 31, 2005 vs. the Oakland Raiders
                      Most Rushing Attempts, Season: 357, 2005 season
                      Most Rushing Attempts, Career: 2,217
                      Most 100 Yard Games, Season: 9, 2004 season
                      Most 200 Yard Games, Season: 3, 2005 season
                      Most Rushing Yards, Single Game: 234 yards, December 30, 2006 vs. the Washington Redskins
                      Most Rushing Yards, Season: 1,860 yards, 2005 season
                      Most Rushing Yards, Career: 10,449 yards
                      Most Total Yards, Season: 2,390 yards, 2005 season
                      Most 1,000 Yard Seasons: 6
                      Yards Per Carry, Career: 4.7
                      Most Total Yards, Game: 276 (203 rushing yards, 73 receiving yards), December 28, 2002 vs. the Philadelphia Eagles
                      Most Total Yards (Rushing, Receiving, Returns and Fumble Yardage), Career: 17,359
                      Most Yards From Scrimmage (Rushing and Receiving), Career: 15,632
                      Highest Average 100+ yards from scrimmage per game, Career (min: 150 games): 101.5
                      Most Fumble Recoveries, Game: 3, October 29, 2000 vs. the Philadelphia Eagles

Playoff wins: NONE

Super Bowl Wins: NONE

That ends the discussion.
                      It doesn't end the discussion it just points out how ridiculous a discussion it is.

And also how ludicrous it is to try to cite stats and to refer to them as facts as if they needed neither context nor dimension. Certainly some stats are facts, some are not. Regardless, no non mathematical argument has ever been won or last because of stats.

Comment

and the last time I checked it is still 11 on 11
                        the field is still 100 yards long
                        there are still 4 downs to get 10 yards
                        the football is still a leather oblong air filled object with laces
                        and a TD is still worth 6 points
                        That's a VERY over simplistic argument....

Comment

You are changing paddles mid stream here.

The thread asks for opinions on the "best Giant you've personally watched." So it wasn't started as a debate. Then YA offers Joe Morrison's name as the best he's watched personally. Then you say "I couldn't disagree more" in essence turning it into a debate. How can you disagree with someone else's opinion of the best player THEY have ever seen?

Then in a subsequent post you say "this whole thing is not really a debate worth having." You were the one who turned an opinion thread into a debate thread.

And btw, it asks us to comment on the best we've seen personally but you choose to argue against YA on a player you haven't even seen. Leaves me smh.

Please pick one or the other but not both. It will be easier to follow that way.
                          Last edited by jomo; 04-27-2014, 04:36 PM.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by GmanSenior View Post
                            New York Giants franchise records

Currently held by tiki

Longest Touchdown Run: 95 yards, December 31, 2005 vs. the Oakland Raiders
                            Most Rushing Attempts, Season: 357, 2005 season
                            Most Rushing Attempts, Career: 2,217
                            Most 100 Yard Games, Season: 9, 2004 season
                            Most 200 Yard Games, Season: 3, 2005 season
                            Most Rushing Yards, Single Game: 234 yards, December 30, 2006 vs. the Washington Redskins
                            Most Rushing Yards, Season: 1,860 yards, 2005 season
                            Most Rushing Yards, Career: 10,449 yards
                            Most Total Yards, Season: 2,390 yards, 2005 season
                            Most 1,000 Yard Seasons: 6
                            Yards Per Carry, Career: 4.7
                            Most Total Yards, Game: 276 (203 rushing yards, 73 receiving yards), December 28, 2002 vs. the Philadelphia Eagles
                            Most Total Yards (Rushing, Receiving, Returns and Fumble Yardage), Career: 17,359
                            Most Yards From Scrimmage (Rushing and Receiving), Career: 15,632
                            Highest Average 100+ yards from scrimmage per game, Career (min: 150 games): 101.5
                            Most Fumble Recoveries, Game: 3, October 29, 2000 vs. the Philadelphia Eagles

Playoff wins: NONE

Super Bowl Wins: NONE

That ends the discussion.
                            So basically, you have no respect for any Giant that doesn't win a superbowl. Considering that we only have 4 Superbowl Championships, you must not respect many Giants. I just don't understand people like this that feel a player isn't great unless he wins a championship..

So in ur small mind, Barry Sanders must be a complete bum.

Here's a commercial for you to ponder

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              You are changing paddles mid stream here.

The thread asks for opinions on the "best Giant you've personally watched." So it wasn't started as a debate. Then YA offers Joe Morrison's name as the best he's watched personally. Then you say "I couldn't disagree more" in essence turning it into a debate.

Then in a subsequent post you say "this whole thing is not really a debate worth having." You were the one who turned an opinion thread into a debate thread.

And btw, it asks us to comment on the best we've seen personally but you choose to argue against YA on a player you haven't even seen. Leaves me smh.

Please pick one or the other but not both. It will be easier to follow that way.
                              Lets make it simple then.

I think Tiki Barber is the best offensive player I've ever seen play.

YA says Joe M was the best he ever saw. Here's the important part: Before I said anything in this thread YA also said that Joe M is 10x the football player and 20x the man that Tiki Barber could ever dream to be. That is where the thread turned into a debate.

I disagree on the 10x the football player part because I don't think you can take anything away from what Tiki Barber accomplished as a player based on Joe M.

Nowhere did I say that Joe M couldn't possibly be the best player that YA ever saw. In his opinion he was - he said it himself.
                              Last edited by TE88; 04-27-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

You should tell all those players like junior Seau that they played in an "easy" game. You tell all those guys with post concussion syndrome that they were playing two hand touch. You tell the guys that are going to be hobbled for the rest of their lives that they played an easy game..

Luckily this guy played in an easier game

Comment

Working...
                                X