Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there no confidence in Rueben Randle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I have confidence in Randle as a player, but not as a No. 1 WR on the outside. He still has to prove himself in that capacity.
    One of these teams is not like the others

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Because he's a dummy who can't read a playbook

      Comment


      • #18
        I think we are wanting him to be a number one receiver and many don't think he could live up to that. Well, that is a tall order and maybe this is unfair to ask this of him. Why can't Cruz be our number one and randle our number two? After all, compare their salaries.

        Most WRs need two years experience in the nfl before they get it. I'm expecting him to continue to improve.

        Besides: Randell, Cruz, Jernigan and Ebron look fine to me.

        Comment


        • #19
          Randle was a 5 star recruit coming out of HS, #1 WR in the country at the time. His issue always seemed to be mental. Talent is there, IMHO, he has the best hands on the team.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by jomo View Post
            Like all the other personnel discussions here, nothing would be better for us than RR taking the final step to being a stud WR. I just haven't seen enough from him to count on that.
            I am hoping the new OC has KISS as his foundation for the up-tempo offense he's bringing to the locker room
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              I am hoping the new OC has KISS as his foundation for the up-tempo offense he's bringing to the locker room
              I'm fine with that as long as it is KISS without the makup.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                I am hoping the new OC has KISS as his foundation for the up-tempo offense he's bringing to the locker room
                How about somewhere between KISS and WTFAISTDN?
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  I am solidly behind Ruben Randle.....he is a Stud, was a high draft choice and I expect this to be his breakout year

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    It is valid to worry about RR as the #1 receiver, but it always amazes me how some seem to feel that you must have the best of everything at every position in order to win. RR has proven himself to be a very capable receiver, as has Cruz. JJ really came on at the end of the season. It's not always about the individual, but the sum of the parts. How they all work together in this new offense, and how well the O-line protects Eli will have a far bigger impact on the offense than trying to find the next Rice.

                    IMO, a lot of people are basing their opinions about RR on the streak and read system, rather than the system he is now being asked to play in. RR has big play talent, but he hasn't shown that he was able to fully grasp the KG system. The new system, IMO, highlights his physical ability while minimizing his mental deficiencies.
                    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by brad View Post
                      It is valid to worry about RR as the #1 receiver, but it always amazes me how some seem to feel that you must have the best of everything at every position in order to win. RR has proven himself to be a very capable receiver, as has Cruz. JJ really came on at the end of the season. It's not always about the individual, but the sum of the parts. How they all work together in this new offense, and how well the O-line protects Eli will have a far bigger impact on the offense than trying to find the next Rice.

                      IMO, a lot of people are basing their opinions about RR on the streak and read system, rather than the system he is now being asked to play in. RR has big play talent, but he hasn't shown that he was able to fully grasp the KG system. The new system, IMO, highlights his physical ability while minimizing his mental deficiencies.
                      Good points all around. If I could have a stud OL or WR (we can't always have both), I'd take the OL but we will need another capable receiver. It is too unrealistic to think that we will both avoid the injury bug AND Manningham will be healthy enough to play this year.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by brad View Post
                        It is valid to worry about RR as the #1 receiver, but it always amazes me how some seem to feel that you must have the best of everything at every position in order to win. RR has proven himself to be a very capable receiver, as has Cruz. JJ really came on at the end of the season. It's not always about the individual, but the sum of the parts. How they all work together in this new offense, and how well the O-line protects Eli will have a far bigger impact on the offense than trying to find the next Rice.

                        IMO, a lot of people are basing their opinions about RR on the streak and read system, rather than the system he is now being asked to play in. RR has big play talent, but he hasn't shown that he was able to fully grasp the KG system. The new system, IMO, highlights his physical ability while minimizing his mental deficiencies.
                        Et Tu........look at what Brady does every year with a revolving door of mediocre receivers.........what we really need is accuracy from Eli.....not Brady accuracy, but along those lines

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          we'll have to wait and see with Randle. hes had flashes but he lacked consistency but it wasn't all his fault, Eli had a lot to do with that.

                          if he can just improve over last season he'll be good. with Cruz already there and JJs hopeful emergence into stardom, Randle should be an important cog.

                          I do believe the Giants will draft a wide receiver, possibly the 2nd round.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I think the Giants should target the real "issue" and trade down to get Johnny Football

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              Good points all around. If I could have a stud OL or WR (we can't always have both), I'd take the OL but we will need another capable receiver. It is too unrealistic to think that we will both avoid the injury bug AND Manningham will be healthy enough to play this year.

                              Agreed... another big play receiver would be nice, but it is a luxury more-so than a necessity. The offensive line is much more of a priority in both the passing and the run game, and has a bigger impact on the success of the offense as a whole. Depending on how the draft plays out, getting a stud DL or OL in the early rounds and a capable receiver in rounds 3 or 4, might be the better move for the team as a whole.
                              My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Nassib View Post
                                He's done some good things for us as a WR.
                                I actually like Randle like and have high hopes for him but if Cruz doesn't have confidence in Randle, why should anyone else?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X