Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there no confidence in Rueben Randle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I think the Giants should target the real "issue" and trade down to get Johnny Football
    Oh Really?

Come on Jakk You know as well as I do that Johnny
    has not played 1 down in the NFL.

The kid may tank for all you know so you would
    give away a proven commodity over a question mark?

Its just bad business period.

Why do franchises business' cost so much?
    because there proven.
    sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      Like all the other personnel discussions here, nothing would be better for us than RR taking the final step to being a stud WR. I just haven't seen enough from him to count on that.
      Wouldn't we be wise to draft a prospect?
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        Wouldn't we be wise to draft a prospect?
        ......more than wise, necessary.
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Confidence...No
          Hope...Yes
          sigpic

Comment

Good points all around. If I could have a stud OL or WR (we can't always have both), I'd take the OL but we will need another capable receiver. It is too unrealistic to think that we will both avoid the injury bug AND Manningham will be healthy enough to play this year.

This is the real point. It's not so much any lack of confidence in Randle on the part of Giants (although there appears to be some uncertainty about his reliability as a constant downfield threat) as I see it, as it is the lack of enough WRs currently on the team--for the very reason you state.

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post
              I actually like Randle like and have high hopes for him but if Cruz doesn't have confidence in Randle, why should anyone else?
              Because it's really irrelevant how much confidence Cruz has in him. What is relevant is how much confidence Eli and the new OC (and receivers coach) have in Randle.

Comment

......more than wise, necessary.
                So Cruz is correct in his hope for a #1 WR draftee, as has been said by many of our colleagues here
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by keyofgmen View Post
                  Confidence...No
                  Hope...Yes
                  And there's no saying Randle won't ever get there. But insurance is a wise investment

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                    Because it's really irrelevant how much confidence Cruz has in him. What is relevant is how much confidence Eli and the new OC (and receivers coach) have in Randle.
                    I agree that Eli and the coach's confidence in Randle is more important that Cruz's but you must agree that is it a bad sign that he made those comments. Cruz has seen what Randle can bring since he was drafted and also what he brings to practice. From what has been portrayed by Cruz in the media, he seems like a team player and if he doesn't think the Giants are set at WR, their is probably a high probability that the Giants need more help at that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Oh Really?

Come on Jakk You know as well as I do that Johnny
                      has not played 1 down in the NFL.

The kid may tank for all you know so you would
                      give away a proven commodity over a question mark?

Its just bad business period.

Why do franchises business' cost so much?
                      because there proven.
                      Call me crazy Martin but I think Manziel will be the next Tony Romo, without the mistakes and 4th Qtr meltdowns
                      They play a very similar game

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                        Call me crazy Martin but I think Manziel will be the next Tony Romo, without the mistakes and 4th Qtr meltdowns
                        They play a very similar game
                        You are crazy

Manziel will be Tebow 2.0, with slightly more success and a longer tenure in the NFL.
                        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

For me it's because he rarely if ever found much success vs the SEC 's top corners. He was invisible when matched up vs Bama's Cb's. Folks tried to say it was because he had a weak QB and with Eli he could blossom. I haven't seen that yet. Sure, he has had some production but nothing in the special category yet. Under The Doo he may come through as a # 2. Don't see him ever being a solid #1. Jerny out played him the last 3 games by a looonng shot! If the weak defense is the reason why some think Jerny showed out why didn't RR produce?

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post
                            I agree that Eli and the coach's confidence in Randle is more important that Cruz's but you must agree that is it a bad sign that he made those comments. Cruz has seen what Randle can bring since he was drafted and also what he brings to practice. From what has been portrayed by Cruz in the media, he seems like a team player and if he doesn't think the Giants are set at WR, their is probably a high probability that the Giants need more help at that position.
                            My intent was not to cast aspersion upon Cruz. And I agree that by all we've seen so far the past season and this off season, Giants need to (and will, imo) add at least 1 more highly regarded WR prospect this Spring.

I was responding to your "If Cruz has no confidence in Randle, why should the rest of us?" Speaking for myself, I would be more concerned if Eli and/or coaches expressed lack of confidence in him by their words or actions (avoiding throwing to him when obviously open, or not playing him, for example). So far, I've seen or heard nothing that points to that lack of confidence in Randle by those most directly concerned.

I just think Cruz was pointing out the obvious (in response to a question, wasn't it?)--that the Giants currently do not have enough WRs to complete their 2014 roster--and way too much has been made of his remarks by some in regards to Randle. I certainly agree with that opinion (assuming I'm right about Cruz's comments), without thinking negatively about Randle's ability to produce for our team this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                              You are crazy

Manziel will be Tebow 2.0, with slightly more success and a longer tenure in the NFL.
                              Tebow 2.0 Ok lets remember your words.........how do you like your Crow broiled or fried?

Comment

I don't know what it is. We overrate and underrate players all the time. Maybe its the fact he doesn't seem to have a great rapport with Eli. Maybe it's the fact he body catches and reminds me too much of Toomer. Maybe it's the fact he does make a lot of plays yet it doesn't seem like he does. I don't know what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X