Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there no confidence in Rueben Randle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of these convoluted discussions revolve around players who just have not seen a lot of game time minutes

We marvel that tested veterans sometimes have droughts yet expect someone who hardly sees any game time does not have spectacular outings......when you think about it that is very unfair and ludicrous

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
      Because it's really irrelevant how much confidence Cruz has in him. What is relevant is how much confidence Eli and the new OC (and receivers coach) have in Randle.
      That maybe true but most importantly its the confidence that Randle has in himself
      that would take him to the next level is most important.

I hold out to comment on his ability to take that next step. I would think this year will be
      a great year to evaluate what we have in Randel for the future. and then adjust accordingly.
      sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by Nassib View Post
        He's done some good things for us as a WR.
        I think its the fact that he disappeared and did nothing the last 5-6 weeks of the season. I still have confidence he can turn into a #1 wideout for us, but would be nice to draft a WR in the first couple rounds. I don't feel comfortable relying on Randle even tho I think he has the potential to be a really good WR for us. I get the feeling from the comments I read from the NYG is that he can work a little harder, become more of a pro.

Comment

I am confident in him playing well in this offense. To me the most glaring flaw in his game was not being on the same page as Eli in the complicated offense we had. I think he will be able to get his routes, run them and catch the ball very well.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
            I am confident in him playing well in this offense. To me the most glaring flaw in his game was not being on the same page as Eli in the complicated offense we had. I think he will be able to get his routes, run them and catch the ball very well.
            I agree with you.. but not sure that "complicated" is the word I would use... both the West Coast and the "Run and Shoot/Streak and Read" offenses are complex. The primary difference is that there are a lot more changes after the snap by both QB and WR. IMO, those changes can break the back of a secondary... but can also be manipulated, or have disastrous results if the WR and QB don't read the same things. That's where so many miscommunications happened, in some cases RR made the wrong adjustment, but there were also some were Eli did. It isn't how complex the offense was, it was that there was so many variables that had to be right in order for it to work.
            My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
              You are crazy

Manziel will be Tebow 2.0, with slightly more success and a longer tenure in the NFL.
              But, in a nice way
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I have confidence in RR. I really didn't think there were that many who didint
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                  I have confidence in RR. I really didn't think there were that many who didint
                  I think the only doubt is his being a # 1 WR, and he may yet prove to be. He couldn't have a better opportunity as it seems to be it's his for the taking.
                  Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-27-2014, 10:09 PM.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    I think the only doubt is his being a # 1 WR, and he may yet prove to be. He couldn't have a better opportunity as it seems to be it's his for the taking.
                    It certainly is up for grabs.
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I definitely believe all the tools are there for him to succeed. Doesn't seem to have the talent to carry a struggling offense, but in an offense that is functioning well I can see him producing at a high level.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        That maybe true but most importantly its the confidence that Randle has in himself
                        that would take him to the next level is most important.

I hold out to comment on his ability to take that next step. I would think this year will be
                        a great year to evaluate what we have in Randel for the future. and then adjust accordingly.
                        Fair enough. Although I still hope Reese & Co see a field stretching WR they like in the 2nd or 3rd round and take him.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          There is no confidence because we are trying to project him as a #1 WR. He has not shown that he is that guy. Whether he can become that guy is debatable.

He has improved each year with the team so that is encouraging. He has also made many mental errors on his routes so that is a concern. Perhaps the new offense will suit him better but I am uncomfortable leaving the #! wideout job in his hands going into the season. Call me nervous but I think we need better..........so does Cruz btw.
                          I concur. This is the best objective answer to this scenario. +1
                          1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

I think Randall is a good receiver and we have to put him in an offense where he can thrive and IMO Gilbrides offense was too complicated for the receivers and made them think too much on every play. Gilbrides offense required too many sight reads and required the QB and receiver to read each others minds, a recipe for disaster if one misreads the other....

Comment

i actually am fairly confident in him becoming a capable #1. Last yr, the entire unit suffered. randle wasnt expected to have a big role or a bigger role than was planned because there was optimism with nicks. i mean nicks was supposedly healthy and in a contract year. when nicks began to show he just wasnt going to cut it, more was put on randles plate. and it lead to more of a volume in both his postive and negative plays.

dont forget he lead the team in big plays and TDs. but he also had the highest % of targets that ended up in an INT (one way or the other, not saying it was all him just feel that represents fairly that he did make mistakes). now that nicks is gone, I think the role asked of RR will be more catered to his skill set, than to what was catered to Nicks skill set. I think we're going to see Randle be like a James Jones type WR. A guy who can score from anywhere and be a good RZ option. I think we could see him even surpass that.

Dont get me wrong, my #1 hope is for Evans. But I also have been of the mindset now, which has seemingly caught on, that our offense won't be so heavily based upon an "X" #1 WR as was under KG and believe we'll see more of an offense where each WR can be supplemented as the #1. I think we'll see all the WRs be used at the different WR positions. I think our WR corp is actually interesting in that Cruz, Randle, even JJ and MM are all capable at times of being the "#1"...so even if we dont add an Evans and instead an Ebron, I'm still confident in the WRs...ultimately because I'm confident in Eli. As long as he gets back to the mentality where "he wont throw you the ball if you're not where he expects you to be" (which really it perplexes me he can even forget that as often as he does but no ones perfect)....

Comment

His development process isn't quite finished yet he has you see flashes of improvement here and there but he still isn't ready to take that #1 spot yet
                                It's simple he and Cruz just won't due he isn't that big of a threat to draw defense off Cruz and open up our offense ...

Comment

Working...
                                X