Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there no confidence in Rueben Randle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
    Fair enough. Although I still hope Reese & Co see a field stretching WR they like in the 2nd or 3rd round and take him.
    I feel the same.

Reese has to always be in a position to try to upgrade the roster position by position.
    You can't have loyalty to players in today's NFL. Give em a contract and then try to replace them
    at such a point.

As a GM you have to say how can I replace and upgrade what I have and do
    I have the money to do it.

That's why when players fight for their contracts I have no problem
    with them trying to get every cent they can.

The big revolving door.
    sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

I will go on record that RR will be average at best this season. I've watched him since he was a junior at LSU down here in SEC country. Good against the mid level teams, so so to invisible against the top SEC teams. The guy can't shake loose from good DB's . He'll have a highlight here or there- that's about it. I thought it was a bad pick when we drafted him and so far i'm correct. He runs the whole route tree comment i still find amusing. That hasn't shown to be an advantage of any sort after two seasons. Reese had to expect more of him by now. He did nothing the last 5 or 6 weeks of the season when he had the chance to make a positive statement. Totally outplayed by JJ the last 3 games. Why are people ignoring his lack of production? I think it's because posters HOPE he'll turn out. Dropped passes, wrong routes, poor work ethic from what it seems. There is little to be impressed by. He has done nothing to change my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
        I will go on record that RR will be average at best this season. I've watched him since he was a junior at LSU down here in SEC country. Good against the mid level teams, so so to invisible against the top SEC teams. The guy can't shake loose from good DB's . He'll have a highlight here or there- that's about it. I thought it was a bad pick when we drafted him and so far i'm correct. He runs the whole route tree comment i still find amusing. That hasn't shown to be an advantage of any sort after two seasons. Reese had to expect more of him by now. He did nothing the last 5 or 6 weeks of the season when he had the chance to make a positive statement. Totally outplayed by JJ the last 3 games. Why are people ignoring his lack of production? I think it's because posters HOPE he'll turn out. Dropped passes, wrong routes, poor work ethic from what it seems. There is little to be impressed by. He has done nothing to change my opinion.
        In terms of the last 6 weeks of the season, Cruz didn't do that much either (it pains me to say) and of course neither did Nicks.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          In terms of the last 6 weeks of the season, Cruz didn't do that much either (it pains me to say) and of course neither did Nicks.
          Can't argue with that for sure. I'm a lifelong Giants fan and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if I was dead wrong. I would love for him to be a true weapon. But after watching him two years at LSU and two years with us I just don't see it..................yet.

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
            It's not always about the individual, but the sum of the parts. How they all work together in this new offense, and how well the O-line protects Eli will have a far bigger impact on the offense than trying to find the next Rice.
            To everyone here who is worried, unsure, hoping, RR is a #1 WR, read brad's quote above. The OL is much more important on a WR's output, especially with an immobile QB. And add in the fact that the Giants had no RB or TE that were even a minor concern to opposing DC's. Calvin Johnson's numbers if he were a Giant last year would have been well below his standards.

And looking at RR, how many WR's come into the league and after only two years their fans are comfortable with him as a #1? A second round pick to boot? Not many.

If the Giants can somehow construct an OL that is at least mediocre in pass and run blocking, the current receiving group will be fine.

RR has 9 TD's in his first two years in the league, which included an awful OL last year. That's rare for a 2nd round draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
              Can't argue with that for sure. I'm a lifelong Giants fan and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if I was dead wrong. I would love for him to be a true weapon. But after watching him two years at LSU and two years with us I just don't see it..................yet.
              no I understand and I agree.

He's shown improvement but i'm still not completely sure if he is reliable enough to be the type of receiver that Nicks was.
              The good news is I don't think McAdoo's offense will rely as much on the X receiver like Gilbride.

Comment

no I understand and I agree.

He's shown improvement but i'm still not completely sure if he is reliable enough to be the type of receiver that Nicks was.
                The good news is I don't think McAdoo's offense will rely as much on the X receiver like Gilbride.
                He might be that guy but no one can say that he WILL be that guy which leaves us all a little nervous in the stomach about our receiving corpes this year. right?
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                  He might be that guy but no one can say that he WILL be that guy which leaves us all a little nervous in the stomach about our receiving corpes this year. right?
                  Well just a tad, but honestly I'm not that nervous as I am about Beatty, and the DL.

I'll say this however, I'm all for grabbing a WR in the first round.

Comment

Well just a tad, but honestly I'm not that nervous as I am about Beatty, and the DL.

I'll say this however, I'm all for grabbing a WR in the first round.
                    Yes of course with Beatty and the OL but I wouldn't be so nervous if we had some depth at WR which we don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                      Yes of course with Beatty and the OL but I wouldn't be so nervous if we had some depth at WR which we don't.
                      yeah that's true,

I feel like getting adequate WR depth is tougher to find than like..adequtae OL and DL.
                      idk I just do.

Comment

Ruben Randle has to earn confidence from teammates and fans. When he isn't acting aloof to the what he is suppose to do. Last year was a miserable year all around and Randle exacerbated the situation by running wrong routes. Next year he better be on the same page or its going to be more of the same. That pretty much goes for the entire team.

Comment

yeah that's true,

I feel like getting adequate WR depth is tougher to find than like..adequtae OL and DL.
                          idk I just do.
                          That may be true......

Comment

excellent point here about Rueben, why do people blame Randall for not doing much last year when nobody else did either, IMO Randall did more as a WR than anybody else at that position....

Comment

Considering people were not confident in Manningham, who nearly hit 1k yards in both his 2nd and 3rd seasons with us, it makes sense that there's people around here who are not confident in Randle. He's produced less than Manningham did and IMO he's a lot worse in regards to mental mistakes on game day.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Originally posted by BeatYale View Post
                                Considering people were not confident in Manningham, who nearly hit 1k yards in both his 2nd and 3rd seasons with us, it makes sense that there's people around here who are not confident in Randle. He's produced less than Manningham did and IMO he's a lot worse in regards to mental mistakes on game day.
                                Mental mistakes plague both these guys. Manningham was much more elusive and therefore explosive than RR. MM however wouldn't set up the deep fades properly giving Eli nowhere to throw a completed pass. He also had bad field recognition, often giving up first downs in a belly back run that resulted in 4th and 2.

RR is incomplete in a different way. He is big and strong and unafraid to go over the middle for a high ball. He has progressed in each of his seasons here but still can be seen making the wrong break in his pattern all too often for a #1.

Let's hope he's ready to make the next move however fans lack confidence because he hasn't flashed enough #1 talent to make us confident coming into the season. If he's going to be labeled a #2 WR, most here would have confidence. It is just the #1 that makes us all pause.

Comment

Working...
                                X