Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there no confidence in Rueben Randle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why is there no confidence in Rueben Randle?

    He's done some good things for us as a WR.

  • #2
    as a #2 WR, i have a decent amount of confidence in him. as a #1? i just don't

    it's not that he isn't good or doesn't have the skillset, but he hasn't done enough to the point where it's safe to put all our chips in on him replacing nicks.

    Comment


    • #3
      We really need to wait to see what McAdoo's offense requires of the wide receiver corps. It's an exciting time after such a horrible season. We have a lot to look forward to. Can they turn it around in one offseason? We will know soon enough.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        There is no confidence because we are trying to project him as a #1 WR. He has not shown that he is that guy. Whether he can become that guy is debatable.

        He has improved each year with the team so that is encouraging. He has also made many mental errors on his routes so that is a concern. Perhaps the new offense will suit him better but I am uncomfortable leaving the #! wideout job in his hands going into the season. Call me nervous but I think we need better..........so does Cruz btw.
        No one remembers who came in second.

        Comment


        • #5
          At least any comparison between Manningham and his successor Randle can be finally be put to rest as both players are on the team now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jomo View Post
            There is no confidence because we are trying to project him as a #1 WR. He has not shown that he is that guy. Whether he can become that guy is debatable.

            He has improved each year with the team so that is encouraging. He has also made many mental errors on his routes so that is a concern. Perhaps the new offense will suit him better but I am uncomfortable leaving the #! wideout job in his hands going into the season. Call me nervous but I think we need better..........so does Cruz btw.
            That is my thought as well. The mental mistakes have shaken my confidence in him as a #1. He has improved, but he has not yet proven that he can shoulder more of the responsibility that being a #1 would require
            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
              That is my thought as well. The mental mistakes have shaken my confidence in him as a #1. He has improved, but he has not yet proven that he can shoulder more of the responsibility that being a #1 would require
              Like all the other personnel discussions here, nothing would be better for us than RR taking the final step to being a stud WR. I just haven't seen enough from him to count on that.
              No one remembers who came in second.

              Comment


              • #8
                2014 season is really going to tell what we have in Rueben Randle.
                New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm not as concerned with the mental errors as I am with his lack of production in the latter half of the season. I expected his production to increase as the season progressed and he continued the learning process.
                  Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

                  http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm hoping McAdoo's system is easier for Randle to learn and operate in..... It seems like many of his mistakes last year were due to the complexity of Gilbride's scheme and his inability to comprehend it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
                      2014 season is really going to tell what we have in Rueben Randle.
                      3rd year is the big one.. I hope

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                        I'm hoping McAdoo's system is easier for Randle to learn and operate in..... It seems like many of his mistakes last year were due to the complexity of Gilbride's scheme and his inability to comprehend it
                        I think it will be a lot more of sure routes instead of the option routes where you really need to be on the same page as the QB.

                        I think Randle would be a really good #2 but him being a #1 concerns me.. he would need to take a BIG leap forward
                        sigpic
                        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                        __________________________________________________ ______
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                        __________________________________________________ ______
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think that the more normal offensive system will benefit everyone.

                          Gilbride's offense was very complex and required the QB and receivers to be in perfect sync. When they were, it was unbeatable. when they weren't... well last season is a good example.

                          With less complex sytem of having to read a defense and hoping the QB has the correct reading of your body language, and more regular timing and running a designated route more often, it should benefit him.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                            I'm not as concerned with the mental errors as I am with his lack of production in the latter half of the season. I expected his production to increase as the season progressed and he continued the learning process.
                            I chalk that more up to the fact that he was essentially forced into the de facto #1 position too early... once teams realized Nicks was phoning it in, Randle got all the outside concentration...

                            That fact in and of itself doesn't bode well for Randle's prospects as a true #1 receiver, but I can still hope he can learn how to deal with such looks as time goes on, and hopefully McAdoo's scheme can get Cruz the ball more and keep the safeties inside.

                            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Addition by subtraction. With Nicks gone, its Randle's turn.

                              He led the team in TDs last year, as a backup. I'm a big fan of TDs.

                              I still think we need a studly TE to keep opposing defenses honest. Ebron...Ebron...Ebron...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X