Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you know what pisses me off about Will Hill and the others like him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    You have to wonder what was going on at Florida in that locker room. Tim Tebow on one side and guys like Will Hill, Aaron Hernandez and Rilley Cooper on the other.

    Disclaimer my daughter is a junior at Florida State we hate the Gators

    Comment


    • #32
      Everyone assumed he is using drugs for fun rather than having a serious anxiety, depression, etc condition.

      Just about anyone would give a little bit of fun for an NFL career but not everyone can do so at the expense of their health.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
        We all mistakes and we're all flawed human beings. But, at some point, all of us would have to pay the price if our flaws and mistakes impacted our jobs. Hill is no different. That's not about being high and mighty. That's just reality. How many of us could keep failing drug tests at our jobs, after our bosses give us chance after chance to clean up our acts, before the bosses get fed up and fire us?
        This. +1
        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

        Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

        Comment


        • #34
          What a waste of talent. I'm still hoping is was a poppy bagel.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
            What a waste of talent. I'm still hoping is was a poppy bagel.
            I wish !!! lmao !!!!
            1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

            Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

            Comment


            • #36
              There IS one argument to keeping Hill, at least for this year. As a UDFA, his contract is negligible (and his suspension will likely be without pay). If his suspension is the entire season, I believe he doesn't gain an accrued season on his contract (not sure though). Then, if he blazes again, he's out of the league (aka not playing against us).

              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

              Comment


              • #37
                Stop crying..

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                  We all mistakes and we're all flawed human beings. But, at some point, all of us would have to pay the price if our flaws and mistakes impacted our jobs. Hill is no different. That's not about being high and mighty. That's just reality. How many of us could keep failing drug tests at our jobs, after our bosses give us chance after chance to clean up our acts, before the bosses get fed up and fire us?
                  One you are not a high performer who is contributing well above what you are compensated for, two to replace you with comparable talent it wouldn't take either a free agent who will make six times what you are making or cost a high draft pick, not apples to apples, it cost very little to keep him on board.
                  I am sure if you are one of the best employees and were getting paid like a janitor, if you showed up wearing jeans your boss couldn't care less.
                  Last edited by Tampabigblue; 04-28-2014, 12:41 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Football players are not generally known for their intelligence.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by GeoGoGo View Post
                      Football players are not generally known for their intelligence.
                      Add to that all the shots they take to the head.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        NFL needs to review some of its substance policies and offer more help rather than punishment for players who may have be having serious psychological problems. It just doesnt jive with the times.

                        Sometimes, perhaps often, there are deeper problems than what may appear to be simple addiction. There are many factors more difficult to deal with than physical dependency that make it nearly impossible for some people to face the world sober. I know this from experience. A chemically unbalanced mind can be more negatively intoxicating than any drug.

                        The threat of losing your job over illness is a terrible burden. Drugs are the infection on top of a deeper wound.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by DSP View Post
                          NFL needs to review some of its substance policies and offer more help rather than punishment for players who may have be having serious psychological problems. It just doesnt jive with the times.

                          Sometimes, perhaps often, there are deeper problems than what may appear to be simple addiction. There are many factors more difficult to deal with than physical dependency that make it nearly impossible for some people to face the world sober. I know this from experience. A chemically unbalanced mind can be more negatively intoxicating than any drug.

                          The threat of losing your job over illness is a terrible burden. Drugs are the infection on top of a deeper wound.
                          These guys play a game, they are not airline pilots, bus drivers any kind of job that would require random drug testing for recreational drugs, everyone else gets tested pre employment and in case of an accident, we want to hold these guys to this high standard to justify the fact that as a society we pay them millions of dollars and idolize them.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Tampabigblue View Post
                            One you are not a high performer who is contributing well above what you are compensated for, two to replace you with comparable talent it wouldn't take either a free agent who will make six times what you are making or cost a high draft pick, not apples to apples, it cost very little to keep him on board.
                            I am sure if you are one of the best employees and were getting paid like a janitor, if you showed up wearing jeans your boss couldn't care less.
                            You're completely missing the point. Hill is an EMPLOYEE. The Giants are his EMPLOYERS. Every time Hill gets suspended for a failed drug test he's forced to take a leave of absence/suspension that inconveniences his bosses/co-workers.

                            While being an NFL player is not a 9-5 job, it's still a job where you get paid and have bosses to answer to. In any work situation if you're constantly forced to missed work, especially when it's because of your personal conduct, bosses have a right to fire you, if they choose to. And it's not like Hill would be the first player the Giants let walk/got rid of because of off-the-field behavior.
                            One of these teams is not like the others

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              I'm tired of you bragging about your safe vape.
                              The hipsters of the pothead community.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I am not arguing whether the organization as an employer has the right to fire Hill clearly they do, I am challenging the wisdom in that. You can talk about inconveniences all you want but the giants are a better team with Hill on the field. The biggest issue is with the mechanism of the suspension where we don't know until 3 months from now, so giving him snaps in practice might be counter productive since he might not play.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X