you know what pisses me off about Will Hill and the others like him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tampabigblue View Post
    I am not arguing whether the organization as an employer has the right to fire Hill clearly they do, I am challenging the wisdom in that. You can talk about inconveniences all you want but the giants are a better team with Hill on the field. The biggest issue is with the mechanism of the suspension where we don't know until 3 months from now, so giving him snaps in practice might be counter productive since he might not play.
    The operative point you mentioned is 'when Hill is on the field'. Hill keeps getting suspended, which takes him off of the field. So, where is the wisdom in the Giants constantly relying on a player that can't be on the field for a full season because he can't pass a simple drug test? If Hill gets suspended this time he could be gone for 6-8 games. That's not helping the Giants out if he misses roughly half of the season.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants let Hill play out the last year of his contract, suspension or not, and then just let him walk.
    One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tampabigblue View Post
      These guys play a game, they are not airline pilots, bus drivers any kind of job that would require random drug testing for recreational drugs, everyone else gets tested pre employment and in case of an accident, we want to hold these guys to this high standard to justify the fact that as a society we pay them millions of dollars and idolize them.
      Sports is no different than hollywood. Its all just entertainment. Pro sports is the original reality show.

I dont care if Charlie Sheen snorts a punch bowl of colombian marching powder with a dozen skanks in tow any more than I care what any athlete is doing as long as neither hurts anyone other than themselves. Neither is in any way a noble profession. If all sports ended today it would insignificant other than a bunch of us will be bummed.

I only support the strict ban on PEDs but unfortunately the most effective one, HGH, cannot be tested for

Comment

The problem is these guys think they're gonna bring the ghetto into the league. They think they're so above it all that there gonna change the culture and business motto of a multi-billion dollar entity. Not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by riot View Post
          The problem is these guys think they're gonna bring the ghetto into the league. They think they're so above it all that there gonna change the culture and business motto of a multi-billion dollar entity. Not gonna happen.
          I don't think that players like Hill think about anything except themselves and satisfying their impulses. If "team" were paramount, this wouldn't have happened. Your suggestion that they think about effecting a culture shift in the league is way deeper than they think imo. So many of the players in this league are tough, determined, success oriented and focused. Then there are guys like Hill and Plax with enormouse gifts and very little of the other critical success factors.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by riot View Post
            Or... he could have a drug problem and be a weak minded individual who can't control his impulses.

Comment

People are saying he should just quit and focus on football, but aren't understanding the guy is probably an addict.

It's simple, but it's not easy.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Originally posted by BeatYale View Post
                People are saying he should just quit and focus on football, but aren't understanding the guy is probably an addict.

Your response is simple and true.

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post
                  Or... he could have a drug problem and be a weak minded individual who can't control his impulses.
                  This.
                  Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post
                    ............and that is a terrible profile to count on when an entire organization is focused on winning for their loyal fans. We need to avoid those types of personalities on our team if we are going to be serious about winning.

Comment

Originally posted by bansaw View Post
                      they get their shot and they cant give up the partying for 5 years, hopefully longer if you play well and stay healthy

I just cant fathom what ****ty work ethic was instilled to be that selfish

too late for that guy but hopefully some of the vets and coaches use him as an example of what pissing away a career looks like
                      Giants gambled and lost on a very talented but immature player.
                      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

What if it's weed and he has a prescription? That could be the angle of the appeal? Stay tuned. I have a good friend who's brother coaches at FSU ( I know Hill went to Florida). His brother knows Hill and dropped that in my friends ear. If true it would be interesting to see how that plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                          Giants gambled and lost on a very talented but immature player.
                          Yeah but he was an undrafted free agent for us in 2011. It wasn't really any risk for us Joe but it was shameful for him................sad waste of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by BeatYale View Post

And he has had access to the best rehabilitation possible. If the financial security for his kids isn't motivation enough to make a clean separation from that life and quit then he is a lost cause.

Comment

i'm high right now,

but i'm not in the middle of the street smoking.

cause I have a brain and I use it haha.
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                                And he has had access to the best rehabilitation possible. If the financial security for his kids isn't motivation enough to make a clean separation from that life and quit then he is a lost cause.
                                I never give up on anyone in life but I do give up on people I count on at work and with my football team. He needs to find something that football doesn't provide him.

Go Blue!!

Comment

Working...
                                X