you know what pisses me off about Will Hill and the others like him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Yes, but Einstein probably used his brain and stopped doing dumb **** over and over and spent him time doing what he was good at.
    Rudyy we all get it your mad at him for not seeing the importance of taking care of his family and realizing he has the opportunity of a lifetime. I believe there is a very good chance he realizes these very same things. Addicts of all kinds cigarettes, alcohol, pain pills deal with career and family disappointments constantly. These people if they choose to battle these addictions are in a lifelong moment to moment battle. I can careless if he ever laces it up again I care very much that he gets sober and learns to live with his issues.

Comment

Maybe he'll become a drug consular, hes got the qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
        Sorry, I think his behavior is every bit as irresponsible. First, he is paid a ridiculous amount of money to play a game. Second, that money comes from the ticket holders (I am on of them). Third, once the salary cap has been spent, there is no more money. Fourth, the team and fans need everyone who is drawing a check to show up and play. Yeah, I am pissed. I am also dismayed and sad for his family and sad for him but pissed because he's taking our money and not understanding his responsibilities to his family or the team.
        Simply put, he had his chance and tossed it away.
        Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Originally posted by DSP View Post
          Calling someone an idiot for making a mistake is too much.

Im sure every one of us would love to go back and do a lot of things.

You think Einstein never made mistakes in his life?
          Now you know this thread has jumped the shark when Albert Einstein is being dragged into it to defend Will Hill. LOL
          One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bansaw View Post
            they get their shot and they cant give up the partying for 5 years, hopefully longer if you play well and stay healthy

I just cant fathom what ****ty work ethic was instilled to be that selfish

too late for that guy but hopefully some of the vets and coaches use him as an example of what pissing away a career looks like
            Agreed... What kills me more is their whole lives they talk about getting out of the struggle and doing better and soon as they get money... Right back to hood they go...
            Go Giants!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sethm View Post
              Rudyy we all get it your mad at him for not seeing the importance of taking care of his family and realizing he has the opportunity of a lifetime. I believe there is a very good chance he realizes these very same things. Addicts of all kinds cigarettes, alcohol, pain pills deal with career and family disappointments constantly. These people if they choose to battle these addictions are in a lifelong moment to moment battle. I can careless if he ever laces it up again I care very much that he gets sober and learns to live with his issues.
              Great Post. +1
              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                To be so strong he sure is weak.
                Weak in the mind! LOL!
                Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by sethm View Post
                  I couldn't agree more. I would add that there is always redemption in life. Unfortunately there can't always be redemption in football, which makes it frustrating for fans but inconsequential in the context of his life struggle.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                    Now you know this thread has jumped the shark when Albert Einstein is being dragged into it to defend Will Hill. LOL
                    lmao !!!!
                    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

• Originally posted by sethm View Post
                      Well said.
                      I agree.
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• At the end of the day, I think it speaks volumes of the background some of these kids are coming from. Coming out of college and making big bucks, it's very easy and tempting for a young kid to just take it all for granted. Whereas for most of us, we had the guidance and environment to be somewhat responsible.
                        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                          At the end of the day, I think it speaks volumes of the background some of these kids are coming from. Coming out of college and making big bucks, it's very easy and tempting for a young kid to just take it all for granted. Whereas for most of us, we had the guidance and environment to be somewhat responsible.
                          I agree. How many people make these mistakes that we don't hear about? Not excusing his behavior or the fact that he doesn't learn a lesson, just would like to see him land on his feet and preferably with the Giants when, and if, he does get it together.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
                            Yeah but he was an undrafted free agent for us in 2011. It wasn't really any risk for us Joe but it was shameful for him................sad waste of talent.
                            True....he went undrafted for that reason, so yeah, in retrospect, it's a bummer more than anything.

I suppose if he wasn't such a ****up, he would have landed elsewhere as a early/mid round pick.
                            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              The only bashing is what young Mr. Hill has done to his family's future. Shameful.........and such a waste.
                              Agreed again....he is letting his kids down more than anyone else. He has God-given talent that would allow him to set them up for life, and he's blowing it because of his own selfishness and immaturity.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                                At the end of the day, I think it speaks volumes of the background some of these kids are coming from. Coming out of college and making big bucks, it's very easy and tempting for a young kid to just take it all for granted. Whereas for most of us, we had the guidance and environment to be somewhat responsible.
                                True, the background is very important, but you can rise above that too.

You look at someone like Curtis Martin, and compare him to Will Hill, and there's a reason why one dude is in the Hall and the other is in the hallway.

FF to 5:30+

Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 04-29-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X