Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there was one thing you could change in big blues history what would it be ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
    An honorable mention goes to the Flipper Anderson game -- losing that game hurt and even Parcells said that that was the best Giants team that he ever coached.
    Didn't he run straight into the locker room after crossing the goal line, without slowing down or even looking back? That was sooooo weird and shocking, never saw anything like it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
      Didn't he run straight into the locker room after crossing the goal line, without slowing down or even looking back? That was sooooo weird and shocking, never saw anything like it.
      I remember my dad, my brother, and I just sat there staring at the TV in complete silence for maybe a minute.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBeast88 View Post
        Would it be a specific moment that happened ?
        Or?

Would it be signing someone they had no business signing wether it
        Be a coach or a player?

Would it be drafting someone they should have never drafted?

Would it be releasing someone they should have never released ?

Or would it even signing someone they should have but didn't ?

If I could change anything it would be that no call in the NFC wildcard. Game against the 49ers
        Blatant pass interference !!!! How about you guys?
        In roughly this order, I'll go:

Losing the SB to the Ravens;
        Meltdown at the Meadowlands;
        and even though I didn't witness it,
        Miracle at the Meadowlands.

Comment

It was a horrible showing against that Ravens team in the SB, but we knew ahead of time that defense was one of the best ever.

Comment

Moving to New Jersey.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post
              Superbowl XXXV. This game was pretty embarrassing. Giants would have been undefeated in 5 Superbowl's.
              Without a doubt, 2nd place is not even close. I'd take that Superbowl win and deal with the miracles at the meadowlands all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                #1A Letting Vince Lombardi go to the Packers.

#1B Letting Tom Landry go to the Cowboys (Texans)

#2 Letting Bill Belichick go to Cleveland.

#3 Letting Tom Coughlin go to Boston College

(#2 and #3 are part of the Ray Handley Error, probably the dumbest decision George Young ever made).
                George was aided and abetted by Bill, who gave Ray a ringing endorsement as he shut the door behind him. Bill laughed all the way home. And, truly, there's not even a number 2 bad decision by Young that is even close.

Bill's britches got too big for him too soon, before Young was ready to retire.

Oh, yeah, bad decision #2 was letting Belichick get away. That was a biggy, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  It would have taken an act of God to reverse the outcome of SB 35.

With the gift of Captain Hindsight, what I would have changed:

-->Don't trade for Eli in 2004. Offer a trade down to a QB needy team for the Rivers pick (Pittsburgh in this example, the QB they wanted was Rivers but they settled on Ben), getting their 2005 first rounder in the process.
                  -->Roll with Kurt Warner the entire year and keep him after the season.
                  -->Draft Aaron Rodgers in 2005 with the first rounder that we have now that it wasn't traded to SD.

-->ETC.
                  Well imagined.
                  Beautifully crafted.

Regrets, I have a few..."
                  lol.

We would have a whole new set of memories to experience and remember.

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                    Well imagined.
                    Beautifully crafted.

Regrets, I have a few..."
                    lol.

We would have a whole new set of memories to experience and remember.
                    Zim, how would this beautifully crafted novel have impacted the selection of Matt Dodge?

btw good to see you around here more frequently!
                    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                      Alas, I was there with my son>
                      He ran into the opening at the east end (the NYC side) of the stadium... never to re-emerge. Guess he walked all the way back around to the locker rooms under the bowels of the stadium.

There was dead silence. Shock, almost akin to the death of a loved one.

Comment

Alas, I was there with my son>
                        He ran into the opening at the east end (the NYC side) of the stadium... never to re-emerge. Guess he walked all the way back around to the locker rooms under the bowels of the stadium.

There was dead silence. Shock, almost akin to the death of a loved one.
                        I was there with my son as well (he was just a kid then). I've rarely had the oxygen sucked out of my lungs like on the play. Vince Ferragamo at QB?

I did experinece similar silence in Philly when Eli hit Pax in overtime to kill the Eagles in a regular season game. Plax just ran it into the locker room and I laughed all the way home.

Actually, the Giants came back from a deep deficit to tie in regulation. Many Eagles fans were heading for the exit which brought down a torrent of hostility from the home crowd. There is nothing better than a Philadelphia family food fight.

Anyway, my son and I laid low trying to be invisible during overtime. After the win, which was great, we listened to Philly sports talk radio and the fans killing Reid and McNab was even better than the game itself. It was a short ride back home for me to NY after dropping my son back at school in Philly.
                        Last edited by jomo; 04-28-2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Ray Handley

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                            Zim, how would this beautifully crafted novel have impacted the selection of Matt Dodge?

btw good to see you around here more frequently!
                            The good fortunes of the Giants were so awe inspiring that Sean Landetta, at the age of 48, was inspired to come out of retirement after Feagles retired, and so Matt Dodge was never drafted by the Giants. After a season of punting for the Giants, with an avg,. of 44.8 ypp, Landetta re-retired and the Giants signed Weatherford. In the game against Philly, Landetta boomed one out of bounds and the Giants won that game and advanced, while order was restored in the Universe, and Matt Dodge watched the playoffs drinking a Bud with his buds.
                            Last edited by zimonami; 04-28-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't change a thing. Wouldn't risk a butterfly effect/sound of thunder thing to erase one painful memory that would potentially alter the course of history and cause some of my best memories not to happen. Who knows. Maybe no Flipper Anderson = no Wide Right. Maybe beating the Ravens in 2000 = 5 more years of Fassel and no SB42. No Plax shooting himself = no SB 46. Just take the bad with the good.

But man do I really wish I could've been spared the Trey Junkin game.

Comment

The good fortunes of the Giants were so awe inspiring that Sean Landetta, at the age of 48, was inspired to come out of retirement after Feagles retired, and so Matt Dodge was never drafted by the Giants. After a season of punting for the Giants, with an avg,. of 44.8 ypp, Landetta re-retired and the Giants signed Weatherford.
                                That is a perfect re-write. Does Landetta's get to keep the money he pocketed from selling playoff tickets? The only reason I ask is because if he does I will pass the hat for him.

Go Blue!!

Comment

Working...
                                X