Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there was one thing you could change in big blues history what would it be ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine would be drafting Rey Lewis over Cedric Jones in 1996 Draft.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      Mine would be drafting Rey Lewis over Cedric Jones in 1996 Draft.
      Wow, great one. I didn't know we had the option to do so back then. +100
      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

I think alot of the bad stuff that happened led to us winning the Superbowl's we've won, if you really consider the butterfly effect of decisions its hard to really want to change anything.
        "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
        - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Drafting Ron Dayne!!!

Comment

Super Bowl XXXV: choose to kick off to the Ravens instead of receiving to start the game

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
              "The organization still put Handley in charge" -- let's set the record straight.

Parcells said inside the building before SB XXV he was "out of here". A lot of his staff -- including Belichick and Coughlin -- bolted for greener pastures. Ray Handley was one of the fools who hung around, and was promoted to Offensive Coordinator. Parcells kept threatening to quit, but was still there through the draft, and even for ROOKIE MINI CAMP which was somewhere in late May. Far too late to interview new head coaches and for them to bring in a new staff. THEN Bill Parcells quit, leaving the Maras holding the bag. Too late to bring in a new staff. That's when Ray Handley got the job.

What exactly were they supposed to do? They trusted Parcells, and got burned.
              I agree. Parcells is often looked at with Rosey glasses around here and he absolutely did leave the organization in a messy state.

However, that doesn't absolve the organization of not preparing for Parcells departure, especially when he threateneedd to do it repeatedly.

If you wife threatens to leave you in a serious and public manner every day for weeks. Would you be all that surprised to come home 1 day and found her gone?

The organization was screwed for sure but they are partly to blame for it as well because they were warned it would happen and they did not prepare at all.
              sigpic

Comment

Nothing. We are 4 time world champions is every era of the game.
                Go Giants!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBeast88 View Post
                  Would it be a specific moment that happened ?
                  Or?

Would it be signing someone they had no business signing wether it
                  Be a coach or a player?

Would it be drafting someone they should have never drafted?

Would it be releasing someone they should have never released ?

Or would it even signing someone they should have but didn't ?

If I could change anything it would be that no call in the NFC wildcard. Game against the 49ers
                  Blatant pass interference !!!! How about you guys?
                  Chris Carter. Would of made sure he came in for the visit and not let Minny sign him before we talked to him
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by paulj View Post
                    I would have never shared a stadium with the Jets.
                    I would have our own stadium and it would have a retractable roof.

AND be located in New York!!!!!!
                    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                      However, that doesn't absolve the organization of not preparing for Parcells departure, especially when he threateneedd to do it repeatedly.
                      In hindsight, they should have prepared a succession plan -- which is not something they're very good at here. We have let Hall of Fame coaches walk away -- Lombardi, Landry, and Belichick. They would go on to create dynasties for other teams instead of for the Giants; they would win 10 championships for other teams while the Giants had their darkest periods.

I hope they are making preparations now, for when Coughlin hangs it up.

But anyway, perhaps they placed their bets on Parcells bluffing. Do you think if they offered the job to Belichick he would have taken it, or do you think he would have been loyal to Parcells? Do you think they should have fired Parcells (a 2x SB winner) instead of waiting for him to quit?

You know how loyal Wellington was, I'm guessing he was holding out hope that Parcells would do the right thing, and I'm sure he was supremely disappointed in the way it played out. I'm sure it genuinely hurt him.
                      Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 05-02-2014, 08:24 AM.
                      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

• I would like to go back to the GIANTS logo on the helmet, instead of NY. Historic.

Comment

• A few names do it for me:
                          #4 Ron Dayne - I still recall yelling at the TV for Shaun Alexander
                          #3 Ray Handley
                          #2 Cedric Jones
                          #1 Dave Brown - The reason no team has used a first rounder on a supplemental pick since. Would've been nice to have that pick and find a productive player rather than this guy.

I'd also like to throw in the Jarrod Bunch selection in 1991. Used a 1st rounder on Rodney Hampton just the year before, why another RB. With Sims clearly brittle and Hos not sturdy, why not draft a young QB to be groomed for a few seasons, like maybe Bret Favre who was taken a few picks later? Of course if we draft Favre we don't use the pick for Brown.
                          Last edited by ToneZak; 05-02-2014, 10:52 AM.
                          XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI
                          GIANTS CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                            I would like to go back to the GIANTS logo on the helmet, instead of NY. Historic.
                            You realize they went to the NY logo because it was historic, right?

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                              You realize they went to the NY logo because it was historic, right?

Yeah, but I still like the GIANTS logo.....

Comment

• I remember this draft as a kid and liking what I heard about Jonathan Ogden. I would have had someone put a gun to the head of Ravens/Browns office and go "If you draft Ogden, I'll blow your brains out."

Comment

Working...
                                X