What to expect with this offense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Not to be the grammer police, but you have no idea what the word misnomer means.
    Not to be the spelling police, but it's "grammar."

i'm sorry
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post

i'm sorry
      now that was funny

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        LOL

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
          You do realize the Giants hold the team record for rushing yards in one season under Gilbride, right? Up until last season, the Packers were pretty inept in that category.
          shhh... don't confuse the Gilbride haters

their selective memories are fragile

Comment

By their very definition:

West coast offense emphasizes the pass.
            Smash mouth football emphasizes the run.

So wtf are you talking about.
            truth

pretty much the whole premise behind the inception of the West Coast offense was that the short pass game IS the running game

that being said... I do not believe the Giants will be running a TRUE west coast offense

Comment

isn't it really more the offensive coordinator that favours the run or the pass? not the system itself. it doesn't decide which of its plays it is going to run snap-to-snap. Gilbride set rushing records with a supposedly "pass oriented" system.

Comment

Not to be the grammer police, but you have no idea what the word misnomer means.
                You are right, I use the word incorrectly when I owned your response with logic and stats. I will correct the word.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                  shhh... don't confuse the Gilbride haters

their selective memories are fragile
                  I hope you are not referring to me. I am hardly a Gilbride hater.

Btw, Shouldnt you be trying to keep the thread on topic instead of changing it
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                    You are right, I use the word incorrectly when I owned your response with logic and stats. I will correct the word.
                    Thanks for that. Now on to logic.

You are stating that if you are a run first team, that you must suck at passing, and vice versa.

Not to be the philosophy police, but you're kidding me, right?

Comment

Thanks for that. Now on to logic.

You are stating that if you are a run first team, that you must suck at passing, and vice versa.

Not to be the philosophy police, but you're kidding me, right?
                      huh? did you read 1 word I wrote?

I merely pointed out the importance of the run game to the system and that it is a huge misconception that the offense is pass happy. That notion is antiquated. It is a balanced offense.

Again, in the 80's when this offense surfaced it was pass happy by comparison to the other offenses OF THAT DAY. It is actually more run based than MANY other offenses today. The stats verify this.

You original statement I responded to was :
                      Hard to envision smash mouth football with an alleged west coast offense being installed.
                      and you followed it up with:
                      By their very definition:

West coast offense emphasizes the pass.
                      Smash mouth football emphasizes the run.

So wtf are you talking about.
                      Many of the best rushing offenses in the league over the least few years have been west coast offenses and I have, in this thread, named multiple successful west coast offenses over the last decade + that have been "smash mouth". Not the least of which was the offense last year that Ben McAdoo helped implement in Green bay.

You responded by correcting my Grammar
                      Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-29-2014, 07:25 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope you are not referring to me. I am hardly a Gilbride hater.

Btw, Shouldnt you be trying to keep the thread on topic instead of changing it
                        feeling insecure ?

Comment

Many of the best rushing offenses in the league over the least few years have been west coast offenses and I have, in this thread, named multiple successful west coast offenses over the last decade + that have been "smash mouth". Not the least of which was the offense last year that Ben McAdoo helped implement in Green bay.
                          Sorry about the grammar thingy, but your post was incoherent without your changes.

I think what you are saying is that you can be both a west coast and smash mouth at the same time.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Sorry about the grammar thingy, but your post was incoherent without your changes.

I think what you are saying is that you can be both a west coast and smash mouth at the same time.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree to disagree.
                            We won't be running a pure WCO anyway, so it's kind of pointless. Hell, no one runs a pure anything anymore.c

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                              no one runs a pure anything anymore.c
                              truth

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                                truth
                                I do know I'm very excited to see how this system actually unfolds.

Comment

Working...
                                X