Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omaha and the Mike?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by jomo View Post
    ........as my new first or last name?

    Ferdinand Jomo is a mouthful. Have you run this by a focus group?
    Isn't a single word name more hip, like Pele or Beyonce or Jomo?
    Jo-Man strikes the right balance methinks
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • #32
      I think he should call out his alma mata... Ole MIss, Ole Miss hut, hut

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by jomo View Post
        Where is written that he has to call the mike, "mike."

        What if he simply called the mike, "jomo"? Now that would have a certain ring to it and would be hysterical.
        You're missing the point Jomo. It's clearly a guessing game as to which defensive player is wearing the "mike"...

        "53 has the mike, 53 has the mike"!


        ;-)

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
          that is because most of the time it was the centers responsibility

          in todays NFL most franchise QBs make protection calls

          Brady, Brees, Ben, Peyton, etc
          As I understand it, it's mostly to tell the running back or full back who to watch and act accordingly, and I presume the center too?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
            As I understand it, it's mostly to tell the running back or full back who to watch and act accordingly, and I presume the center too?
            The Mike will effect the entire blocking scheme.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
              I'm trying to think back to when first heard a QB identify the Mike, and I really don't remember anyone before Eli. I'm sure Peyton must have been doing it though.
              Guards and centers have only worn microphones since 2011, so the that could be why you never noticed QBs calling it out earlier.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                Well he has to say mike when he points out which LB is the mike on that play and Omaha lets everyone know hes about to snap when hes short on time. I might be a bit off on Omaha but Im pretty sure thats why he yells those.
                It would be funny if he said, "GO" which is just 1 syllable. It would be quicker.

                If its to remain 3 syllables how about "Go-dad-dy"

                I mean it was hysterical, as other teams realized that "Omaha" meant he was going to snap it soon.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by paulj View Post
                  It would be funny if he said, "GO" which is just 1 syllable. It would be quicker.

                  If its to remain 3 syllables how about "Go-dad-dy"

                  I mean it was hysterical, as other teams realized that "Omaha" meant he was going to snap it soon.
                  Everyone has always known that that was ONE aspect of the Omaha call. All teams use words/phrases like that. It's not anything new.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                    You're missing the point Jomo. It's clearly a guessing game as to which defensive player is wearing the "mike"...

                    "53 has the mike, 53 has the mike"!


                    ;-)
                    53 has the Jomo, 53 has the Jomo

                    Go Blue!!
                    No one remembers who came in second.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                      Guards and centers have only worn microphones since 2011, so the that could be why you never noticed QBs calling it out earlier.
                      Aren't those guys only mic'ed up for the TV broadcast?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        53 has the Jomo, 53 has the Jomo

                        Go Blue!!
                        Has a better sound to it than 53 has the Roosevelt!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                          Has a better sound to it than 53 has the Roosevelt!
                          Let me tweak it for you............

                          53 has the Rosey, 53 has the Rosey.....................

                          Let's keep the D guessing.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by jomo View Post
                            Let me tweak it for you............

                            53 has the Rosey, 53 has the Rosey.....................

                            Let's keep the D guessing.

                            There you go. And then we yell "BROWN" on the snap.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                              There you go. And then we yell "BROWN" on the snap.
                              I like that Roosevelt Brown...........
                              No one remembers who came in second.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by jomo View Post
                                I like that Roosevelt Brown...........
                                He was a good man - especially to me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X