Omaha and the Mike?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omaha and the Mike?

Will Eli continue to utter these words on every play?

After all, it's April.

Maybe he'll switch to Green Eighteen

Comment

I wish Eli would take a pay cut to help the team and call out "Oreo Oreo" or "citizens Eco drive" to make it up in endorsement money

Comment

"Eat Salad!"

Comment

Originally posted by NetSymptom View Post
          I wish Eli would take a pay cut to help the team and call out "Oreo Oreo" or "citizens Eco drive" to make it up in endorsement money
          Hah, that'd be hilarious. I wonder if that sort of advertising is actually covered by the existing rules...

Comment

Lincoln Nebraska doesnt get enough recognition

Comment

Well he has to say mike when he points out which LB is the mike on that play and Omaha lets everyone know hes about to snap when hes short on time. I might be a bit off on Omaha but Im pretty sure thats why he yells those.
              "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
              - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                Well he has to say mike when he points out which LB is the mike on that play and Omaha lets everyone know hes about to snap when hes short on time. I might be a bit off on Omaha but Im pretty sure thats why he yells those.
                The specific calls are tied to the offense being run, though. New offense could mean new calls. That's what the thread is about.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  The specific calls are tied to the offense being run, though. New offense could mean new calls. That's what the thread is about.
                  I don't think a new OC should change everything though. If a group/qb is more comfortable with an important call like clock winding down then I feel the call should be left alone. It's been Eli's call for 10 years, probably best to let him be comfortable in that situation

Comment

Mike would remain the same because he's just pointing out a specific guy on the other side, its pretty much universal for all qbs
                    "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                    - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                      The newbies are cute with their serious responses to sarcastic threads lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                        Maybe he'll switch to Green Eighteen
                        That's a possibility, seeing as that's the equivalent verbiage in GB.

I'd imagine that Eli will still be calling out the protections.

Comment

He will still call out "Omaha," only now it will mean something completely different! OOH, how mysterious and secret. And once defenses starts to figure it out, they will switch it over to "Talahassee."
                          Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Rumor says this season he'll say "Let them eat cake, hut, hut!"
                            Fan since 1970.
                            ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
                            "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                              Will Eli continue to utter these words on every play?

After all, it's April.
                              Mike has nothing to do with any particular system

it is identifying the Mike backer... which is not necessarily the MLB.... it is just the "free man " to be picked up in the particular blocking scheme that is in place on that particular down

and Omaha is not really system based either .... simply a cadence call to alter the call to go on one

both are universal football calls
                              Last edited by YATittle1962; 04-29-2014, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X