Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO and the NFL have narrowed down the HARD KNOCKS teams to Bears, Giants, Steelers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    these media conferences happened way before they were mandatory and only became mandatory to build structure to a teams schedule .... that is why they have time limits and are scheduled .... they benefit both the fan and team production.....this ridiculous show only benefits the fan and those more concerned with revenue than team production

mandatory media is a completely different situation than your franchise being invaded for public consumption

I have even more respect for John because he feels that this is completely unnecessary and understands that the public does not need to be involved in every nuance of a franchise
    I have no problem with Mr. Mara believing that Hard Knocks is stupid and unnecessary. Maybe he's right. Maybe he's not.

My point and really my question has less to to with Hard Knocks as it does on how the NFL works. The owners vote and the teams have to live with that vote. One team doesn't have the right to refuse to accept the vote of the owners.
    So whether its about media access, the rules of player participation in OTA's, the amount of "with pads" practices allowed through the CBA or Hard Knocks, once its the "law of the land" so to speak, I would think an owner can't or shouldn't refuse to make his team available to participate....even if he disagrees.

I was just intrigued when you said yesterday that Mr. Mara would never allow it.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Is this a serious question?

There would be dedicated threads here just to talk about what happened in each episode.
      He does that make it must watch TV?

Comment

I have no problem with Mr. Mara believing that Hard Knocks is stupid and unnecessary. Maybe he's right. Maybe he's not.

My point and really my question has less to to with Hard Knocks as it does on how the NFL works. The owners vote and the teams have to live with that vote. One team doesn't have the right to refuse to accept the vote of the owners.
        So whether its about media access, the rules of player participation in OTA's, the amount of "with pads" practices allowed through the CBA or Hard Knocks, once its the "law of the land" so to speak, I would think an owner can't or shouldn't refuse to make his team available to participate....even if he disagrees.

I was just intrigued when you said yesterday that Mr. Mara would never allow it.
        I totally understand your points... and they are extremely valid

bureaucratic bull**** indeed

I still don't see it happening.....and if it does I assure you that John will not ba happy about it and I doubt he will participate at all

Comment

This thread has left me thinking about how little information we get on our team. My starting point is that I don't want us on the show. Coaches have too much to do in too little time to be pulling punches while the cameras are rolling.

That said the announcement about Painter's operation rattles me. Our presumed backup QB has his knee operated on in May and we are just hearing about it with NOTHING about when and how he injured it? We know NOTHING about Nassib's development and very little about everything else on this team. I realize we can't (shouldn't) tip our hand especially on injuries to the competition. That said, we get prescious little info on our beloved team other than finely polished bla, blah, blah from veterans about giving 110% or shaking off last year etc. I want more about personnel and their development and their ability to help the team short and long term. I want to hear from coaches much more and less from players. I really think that it is this substantial void of quality information that has many of you here wanting us to be on Hard Knocks.
          Last edited by jomo; 04-30-2014, 11:19 AM.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by krankeybluechick View Post
            I think it's bull**** that they are required to do this show. If you don't want to you should be able to say no!!
            Unfortunately, we may have to. There are only 3 ways out.

"Teams with new coaches, teams that have been in the playoffs at least once in the past 2 years, or teams that have done the show once in the past 10 years are exempt from being forced into appearing on the show."

Comment

This…
              its really stupid to argue the semantics of it now, really clear cut as I see it.
              Owners majority voted
              If the reports are true then its down the the giants and the bears
              if the giants are selected then Mr. Mara has to comply and eat those over my dead body words, because its now mandated as a official policy voted on by the owners.
              sure it sucks that its being forced
              sure it sucks that we didn't vote for it and the voters are not volunteering
              would you tell the IRS you are not paying taxes this year? cause you don't believe it it?
              its the law of the nil now so to speak and everyone is healed accountable to it.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
              @Katdaddyjay 17h
              @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
              http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

• Don't want to do hard knocks! stop missing the ****ing playoffs. Done!

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                @Katdaddyjay 17h
                @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

I totally understand your points... and they are extremely valid

bureaucratic bull**** indeed

I still don't see it happening.....and if it does I assure you that John will not ba happy about it and I doubt he will participate at all
                  I agree on that and your post is very gracious.

Comment

I agree on that and your post is very gracious.
                    kiss ***...
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      kiss ***...
                      There is a lack of it here. Thought it should be acknowledged.

Unfortunately you just canceled it out.

I crack myself up!

Comment

There is a lack of it here. Thought it should be acknowledged.

Unfortunately you just canceled it out.

I crack myself up!
                        you have been very gracious....thank you
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

More owners than not approved it, and that's fine. But since it has nothing to do with the advancement of the sport, I say let teams volunteer to participate.

It's not the same as kickoffs or no kickoffs, pads or no pads, voluntary OTAs and mandatory OTAs, low hits, high hits, etc. which all have to do with the function of the game. When you get on the field, every team has to play by the rules of the game.

I see this as purely en entertainment feature that adds nothing to the game experience. I also understand why people would enjoy watching it, I just disagree with forcing teams to participate. It is a distraction whether we like it or not.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            More owners than not approved it, and that's fine. But since it has nothing to do with the advancement of the sport, I say let teams volunteer to participate.

It's not the same as kickoffs or no kickoffs, pads or no pads, voluntary OTAs and mandatory OTAs, low hits, high hits, etc. which all have to do with the function of the game. When you get on the field, every team has to play by the rules of the game.

I see this as purely an entertainment feature that adds nothing to the game experience. I also understand why people would enjoy watching it, I just disagree with forcing teams to participate. It is a distraction whether we like it or not.
                            I would compare it more to the requirement that coaches speak to the media after a game. It's there to promote the game and be accessible to fans.

I'm obviously not talking about the rules of the game.
                            Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-30-2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I would compare it more to the requirement that coaches speak to the media after a game. It's there to promote the game and be accessible to fans.

I'm obviously not talking about the rules of the game.
                              How's Bellichik score on this front?

I actually would like some transparency from our coaches, just not through this vehicle.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

agreed

I've seen the show and think it is terrible

I've made my scratch in the entertainment industry for nearly 40 years now.... I was in on some of the deals at the very beginning of this "reality TV" idea .... and the whole pitch to these productions is cost of production to profit margin

and in my opinion the low cost of production really rears its ugly head in this series

poorly edited mostly

what ever happened to the appeal of mystery

today everyone is up in everyone else business exposing every crevice of every single creative process in existence leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination

want to know why no one was in those meetings and offices before shows like this?.

because there is no reason for anyone to be in those meetings and offices

somethings need to be left alone
                                Exactly, exactly, exactly.

Too much exposure to entertainers of any stripe--and that's why sports players are--more often than not makes those individuals look mundane, boring, silly, ultimately uninteresting. But we're now in the age of TMZ, OMG, all the other crap channels that make the original MTV shows of the 80s look like the golden age of Edward R Morrow news reporting.

The irony is that this isn't even "reality" TV. If it were, the cameras would all be micro cameras and truly hidden--perhaps secreted on a player unbeknownst to him, like CIA or NSA covert actions. But in actuality, everyone sees the cameras following them around, and there's a natural tendency by most people knowing there's a camera in the room to play to the camera.

The other cruel part of this show is the insistent coverage of the players being cut at the end of the show. Do we really need to watch the enhanced inherent humiliation of that moment for the person? Jesus.

Comment

Working...
                                X