Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO and the NFL have narrowed down the HARD KNOCKS teams to Bears, Giants, Steelers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    1. I hear this report is false about the final 3.
    2. If it were true and IF the Giants were picked, it would be very "un-Mara" like to refuse to do something the league considers good for the NFL.
    Mr. Mara is much more concerned with what is good for the NY Giants

and Hard Knocks is not one of those things

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

He sure does seem adamant.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        He sure does seem adamant.
        I have spoken to him personally about it just a few months ago when I heard they were going to make it compulsory ... and to paraphrase what he said

it was basically.... no cameras that are not our own will be within these walls. it is just not how we do things here

Comment

Originally posted by Geebanga718 View Post
          Coughlin releasing a player on TV

dude, you win.

And that is so you gmen0820.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I have spoken to him personally about it just a few months ago when I heard they were going to make it compulsory ... and to paraphrase what he said

it was basically.... no cameras that are not our own will be within these walls. it is just not how we do things here
            Which explains why we get so little photographic/video evidence of practices.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I can't really see Mara doing anything if the Giants get picked for Hard Knocks, except accepting it. He can scream, shout or yell, but not much else. Especially after the NFL played a Super Bowl at MetLife earlier this year, which probably put more money in his pocket and put more money into the New York/New Jersey area. If Mara ever wants to host another Super Bowl, which he probably does, fighting the NFL about the Giants being on Hard Knocks isn't the way to go about doing.
              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Good thing that wasn't his father's attitude when he brought revenue sharing to the league.
                Wellington Mara's attitude was quite different that the way you're describing John Mara's.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                  I can't really see Mara doing anything if the Giants get picked for Hard Knocks, except accepting it. He can scream, shout or yell, but not much else. Especially after the NFL played a Super Bowl at MetLife earlier this year, which probably put more money in his pocket and put more money into the New York/New Jersey area. If Mara ever wants to host another Super Bowl, which he probably does, fighting the NFL about the Giants being on Hard Knocks isn't the way to go about doing.
                  he doesn't have to fight anyone

John Mara holds more league clout in his pinkie than Roger Goodell

the owners own Goodell.... and the Mara and Rooney family are at the top of that list

Comment

I just dont think nfl teams want this? It is like they are being forced to do it. Why was Hard Knocks even introduced to the NFL? and why are teams being made to do it? What dotted line nonsense did NFL teams sign?

Comment

Good thing that wasn't his father's attitude when he brought revenue sharing to the league.
                      Wellington Mara's attitude was quite different that the way you're describing John Mara's.
                      his father would never let cameras inside those walls... not in a million years

Wellington Mara would not see a TV show documenting training camp something that benefitted the league whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by rbsp7 View Post
                        https://twitter.com/LooneyonFox/stat...71588507779072

‏@LooneyonFox
                        HBO and the NFL have narrowed down the HARD KNOCKS teams to a list of three: Bears, Giants, Steelers
                        Quit wasting your time on this nonsense because it's not going to be the Giants on Hard Knocks!
                        John Mara said that the team would appear on the show over his dead body, which sounds pretty much like a NO to me.
                        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Wellington Mara would not see a TV show documenting training camp something that benefitted the league whatsoever
                          I'm speaking more as a general philosophy. If the owners, through their charter, agree that Hard Knocks is a desired broadcast to promote the league, even if Mr. Mara stood in dissent, doesn't he have an obligation to participate when his turn comes?

It's like when Jerry Jones said that he would never allow his team to waste a home game on a London game. He could be overruled by the appropriate majority.

Why is this different?
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I'm speaking more as a general philosophy. If the owners, through their charter, agree that Hard Knocks is a desired broadcast to promote the league, even if Mr. Mara stood in dissent, doesn't he have an obligation to participate when his turn comes?

It's like when Jerry Jones said that he would never allow his team to waste a home game on a London game. He could be overruled by the appropriate majority.

Why is this different?
                            The owners voted to mandate that one team appears every year. So if the Giants are picked Mara likely doesn't have much recourse. If he refuses the franchise would be penalized in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                              The owners voted to mandate that one team appears every year. So if the Giants are picked Mara likely doesn't have much recourse. If he refuses the franchise would be penalized in some way.
                              Maybe John Mara is prepared to accept the consequences. I suppose we should wait to see if the team is picked out of the hat.

Comment

I've been reflecting on this for the past few days YA. The announcement of surgery on Painter's knee is another perfect example of how little we get to know as fans of this team. Do we know when he hurt it? Do we know how he hurt it? No and no. Do we know anything about Ryan Nassib's development with the team after a full year here? No

Did we ever hear anything about the progress of our backup OL like Petrus and Brewer and the rest of the lunk heads? No

I get the whole secrecy thing. We don't want our competitors to know what our needs are and where our holes are.

On the other hand we are spoon fed tiny little morsels that are polished up little nothings, often delivered by some veteran like Tuck who loses his voice with the fans when he's overexposed. We need to hear more from the coaches and GM imo.

I find it all frustrating. I would even call it a little insulting (maybe just to me).

Other than what we see in the games on Sunday, we really know prescious little about our belived Giants.

This may be part of what is driving some people to want us on Hard Knocks. They want to know more about their team and although I don't want Hard Knocks the Giants version I am sympathetic to the emotion of those who do.
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X