Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 QB Passing Stats: 3rd/4th-down with 9+ yards to go (see attempts)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brad View Post
    Lack of success on 1st and 2nd down was clearly an issue last year. But stats can be misleading. It seems some here are trying to absolve Eli of any responsibility because he was always in 3rd and long situations, as if they never threw the ball on 1st or 2nd downs. Correlation does not equal causation, and this stat is a perfect example of that. They weren't playing poorly because they had a lot of 3rd and long situations, they had a lot of 3rd and long situations because they were playing poorly as a unit.
    As I said, "Pathetic, and not just Eli, but the whole offense. "
    Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      5 picks too in those situations and only a 6.35 yard average so what were they really doing there?? Trying to catch and run?

just a testement to how bad the O was. Even with that short average they still managed to turn it over 5 times.
      5 picks definietly is not good, but considering those are downs that picks are more likely, it could be worse.

You're reading the yards per attempt stat all wrong, though. The yards per includes the 0 yards on all the incompletions. So, even if we threw it 20 yards downfield and the pass was incomplete, it'd go down as 0 yards for that attempt. How far the ball travelled in the air has no effect on that stat if it's incomplete. We averaged 11.79 per completion.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
        5 picks definietly is not good, but considering those are downs that picks are more likely, it could be worse.

You're reading the yards per attempt stat all wrong, though. The yards per includes the 0 yards on all the incompletions. So, even if we threw it 20 yards downfield and the pass was incomplete, it'd go down as 0 yards for that attempt. How far the ball travelled in the air has no effect on that stat if it's incomplete. We averaged 11.79 per completion.
        ok...I get that..

they still sucked....lol
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          ok...I get that..

they still sucked....lol
          Never said they didn't, but the picture wasn't quite the way it seemed you were picturing it.
          Last edited by Drez; 04-30-2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
            you are right. In my defense, it seemed like they were all 9+ yards to gain.
            They were. It was only 9 yards if we were lucky

100 bucks we led the league in 3rd and 15+, 3rd and 20+, hell.. 3rd and 30+ and the average yards per play doesn't surprise me at all, if its 3rd and 9+ you know under gilbrides scheme we're exclusively throwing anywhere in the range of a screen to a 4 yard pass, to throw it any further than that would be blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
              Never said they didn't, but the picture was quite the way it seemed you were picturing it.
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
              X