"In the NFL, height does matter with WR's"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "In the NFL, height does matter with WR's"

As much as I am trying to like the OB pick at 12 overall, I can't. After watching his highlight tapes, I ended up liking his QB for so many perfectly thrown passes. Yes, he made some nice catches with those HUGE hands, he does have good speed and separation, but at 12 overall?

I really wanted Donald who as a 3T is constantly in the backfield blowing up plays. WR draft is deep this year. The OL still is bad (one quality addition in Schwartz). Zack Martin was my second choice.

And in the NFL, height does matter with WR's, especially with Eli throwing. Last years pro bowl roster:

Gordon 6' 3"
    Bryant 6' 2"
    Fizgerald 6' 3"
    Green 6' 4"
    Jeffery 6' 3"
    Johnson 6' 5"
    Marshall 6' 4"
    Thomas 6' 3"
    Jackson 5' 10" (drafted in mid 2nd round)
    Brown 5' 10" (drafted in round 6)

I'm not saying OB will not be a good player. I'm just saying the pick at 12th overall is a reach, even if he makes a pro bowl in his career.

If height matters with Eli, how did Victor Cruz (same height as ODJ), get to be one of the most prolific receivers in the NFL?

Comment

I think ODB is going to be a great player for us but you're right he was a bit of a reach. Although it's a double whammy because the Eagles were eyeing this guy, so we took him away.

Go Giants

Comment

Steve Smith (5'11") was Eli's most reliable WR in regards to catches vs targets.

Edit: Smith > Cruz > Nicks when it comes to success rate.

Let me translate what I just said to you.... STFU.
        Last edited by BeatYale; 05-09-2014, 05:40 PM.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
          If height matters with Eli, how did Victor Cruz (same height as ODJ), get to be one of the most prolific receivers in the NFL?
          Steve Smith also.
          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by BeatYale View Post
            Steve Smith (5'11") was Eli's most reliable WR in regards to catches vs targets.
            You beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
              Exactly.
              Giants General Manager George Young recalls, "On his first day back, he wrote on our locker room chalkboard, 'The grass is greener, my butt. P. McConkey.' "

Comment

Smith 2nd round, Cruz undrafted. You are actually adding to my argument that 12th overall is a reach.

Comment

Antonio Brown finished second in receptions (110) and yards (1499) last season. He's 5'10"

T.Y. Hilton, in the post season, finished 4th in receptions (17) and 1st in yards (329). He's 5'9"

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Originally posted by BeatYale View Post
                    Antonio Brown finished second in receptions (110) and yards (1499) last season. He's 5'10"

T.Y. Hilton, in the post season, finished 4th in receptions (17) and 1st in yards (329). He's 5'9"
                    Brown round 6
                    Hilton round 3 (has he made a pro bowl yet?)

12th overall for OB is a reach.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                      Smith 2nd round, Cruz undrafted. You are actually adding to my argument that 12th overall is a reach.
                      Beckham is a special talent. How about Tavon Austin going top 10 last year or Kendall Wright (5'10) the year prior?

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                        Better prospect than both of those guys were.

Comment

LOL dudes are mad their chart doesn't match up with the Giants front office.. whatever man

You may think he was a reach, but the fact is that the 49ers and Eagles were gonna trade up for him and the Jets were probably going to pick him if he was still there.

Comment

We shouldn't have picked Justin Pugh last year, because some internet guy said he shouldn't be picked in the first round. He would be a "reach".

Thank god the FO doesn't listen to those people.

Comment

So, the Giants should've passed on arguably the best route runner in the draft just because he isn't well over 6 feet tall? Sammy Watkins was the top WR in the draft and he's 6'1, Beckham is 5'11. Height-wise that's not a massive difference.
                              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X