• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants release QB Smith, LB Bradford, CB Mertile and P Jordan Gay

I didn't even know we had another punter signed

Means four more spots to fill with UDFAs, I believe

Comment

I am guessing Smith is gone because Eli is recovering faster than they first thought
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

did they really have to release gay??? now my day got even worse

Comment

says we signed 5 UDFA's..no mention of Xavier Grimble..wondering if he changed his mind or we just didn't ink his contract yet

"The free agents signed by the Giants are defensive tackles Kelcy Quarles of South Carolina and Eathyn Manumaleuna of BYU, end Kerry Wynn of Richmond, linebacker Justin Anderson of Louisiana-Lafayette and safety Thomas Gordon of Michigan. "

from Giants.com

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            It means that the FO believes that they can swap in some new players with greater upside to increase competition during training camp AND THAT ......is a good thing. Gotta admit though I am gonna miss Smith and Bradford.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Thats what I am thinking. Is there any solidified signings I have been reading that some players are not fully committed yet, which means Jeffcoat as an example could still be in play if we can offer him a better chance than the phamplet pushers.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
              @Katdaddyjay 17h
              @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
              http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Yup, Reese said it himself in his presser. He's gonna fill the 90 man roster, move some pieces out and shift some pieces in.

Comment

bradford was fun to watch in preseason with the hawks last year, maybe he'll latch on somewhere.

Comment

Rusty, We Hardly Knew Ye

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                      says we signed 5 UDFA's..no mention of Xavier Grimble..wondering if he changed his mind or we just didn't ink his contract yet

"The free agents signed by the Giants are defensive tackles Kelcy Quarles of South Carolina and Eathyn Manumaleuna of BYU, end Kerry Wynn of Richmond, linebacker Justin Anderson of Louisiana-Lafayette and safety Thomas Gordon of Michigan. "

from Giants.com
                      Giants signed USC TE Xavier Grimble.

Grimble (6-foot-4, 261) was underutilized in Lane Kiffin's offense, which made infrequent use of the tight end as a receiver. He finished his three-year career with 69 catches for 731 yards (10.6 YPR) and 11 touchdowns before turning pro. A sub-par athlete (5.02 forty, 9-foot-2 broad jump), Grimble will have to make his living as an in-line tight end, which means he must improve greatly as a blocker. May 10 - 8:31 PM

Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Comment

i already saw all of the reports..but when Giants.com listed all of our UDFA's signings his name was not on the list

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...1-5d98566aaff1

Comment

Originally posted by EVIL EMPIRE 007 View Post
                          Giants signed USC TE Xavier Grimble.

Grimble (6-foot-4, 261) was underutilized in Lane Kiffin's offense, which made infrequent use of the tight end as a receiver. He finished his three-year career with 69 catches for 731 yards (10.6 YPR) and 11 touchdowns before turning pro. A sub-par athlete (5.02 forty, 9-foot-2 broad jump), Grimble will have to make his living as an in-line tight end, which means he must improve greatly as a blocker. May 10 - 8:31 PM

Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter
                          Sounds like Giants went back in time and grabbed young Meyers of of college.
                          Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Out with the old, in with the new

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                              did they really have to release gay??? now my day got even worse
                              Could the door that you went through, to go there, be any wider?
                              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Working...
                              X