"Excellent huddle command."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Excellent huddle command."

Anyone remember this quote from Tom Coughlin about Eli's first day? I remember reading that and thinking we were screwed. All those picks given up for Peyton's less talented brother. Two Super Bowls later I am very excited to see what he can do with the new offense. Here's to a healthy season.

Why would you think the Giants would be screwed from the quote "Excellent huddle command"? isnt that a positive?

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
      Why would you think the Giants would be screwed from the quote "Excellent huddle command"? isnt that a positive?
      Lets find out.

You have "excellent response command"

Did I just insult you?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
        He means that he thought TC was giving that quote to describe Eli as a way to ease Giants fans tensions. Wondering why we gave up so much for one of the greatest QB's of all-time's little brother.

10 years later, and now we understand what Coughlin meant. Eli knows how to take control of this offense and the game. Excited to see what he'll now do in a freshly-revamped offense. Never would have thought we'd be saying this back in April 2004.
        Cowboys and Eagles also unveiled their jersey patches for the 2014 season.

Comment

I don't get this thread

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            I don't get this thread
            You're not alone in that regard.

Comment

someone hand me a flash lite cause i'm in the dark with this thread
              sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

I think the OP translated that statement like so: If the coach says he has excellent huddle command, then that means he's not an excellent thrower, singer or dancer - thus we're screwed.

Edit: *He wanted a laundry list of things that Eli was excellent at. Since only 1 thing was mentioned, he assumed all other things were bad. It's bootleg logic that I would only expect from Eagles and Cowboys fans. This guy must be a spy.
                Last edited by BeatYale; 05-29-2014, 11:28 AM.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

When you ask a head coach about a QB you just sold the farm to get and the only thing he says about him is, 'Hes got great huddle command', I'd be scared too.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
                    When you ask a head coach about a QB you just sold the farm to get and the only thing he says about him is, 'Hes got great huddle command', I'd be scared too.
                    i mean, thats TC tho. granted we didnt really know TC that well in 04 as it was his first year also, but thats just how TC is and the way he talks i feel lol

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
                      Considering something like huddle command is something that usually takes some time to develop, I don't see that as being a bad thing. It was after only the first practice.

Comment

Let's bring up a quote from 2004, on a QB he just started working with that's a rookie straight out of college. Sure.. lol

Comment

Huh ?
                          1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            I don't get this thread
                            Was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Nobody remembers that quote? When your Coach is talking about a QB that you just mortgaged the future for you want to hear he has a cannon arm, pin-point accuracy, guts of a burglar, whatever, not "excellent huddle command." Just a long time Giants fan reminiscing, that's all. And needless to say, Ernie's big move paid off handsomely.

PS When he made that quote all the beat writers laughed.

Comment

Working...
                              X