The last meaningful Packer-Giants game at Lambeau was in 2010, not 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last meaningful Packer-Giants game at Lambeau was in 2010, not 2007

If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year.

We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.

Re: The last meaningful Packer-Giants game at Lambeau was in 2010, not 2007

It's a different season. Eli's not forcing things, we've got Cruz, our defense is hot right now, its the playoffs, etc.

I don't like the comparisons to 07 either, so don't try that on me either.

Only game that matters is the one on Sunday.

Comment

[quote user="scf424"]It's a different season. Eli's not forcing things, we've got Cruz, our defense is hot right now, its the playoffs, etc.

I don't like the comparisons to 07 either, so don't try that on me either.

Only game that matters is the one on Sunday.[/quote]

To be honest...by the time we played that game we had given up mentally after the heart breaker against Philly....
      "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Yea I thought that was obvious.

Comment

That was a game in which the giants defense had absolutely no confidence. The Packers just dismantled them. I expect a totally different effort in this game from both sides of the ball.

Comment

[quote user="barrister"]If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year.

We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.[/quote]If we are looking at this from a Giants perspective, the soul of the team had been shredded. It was right after the collapse against philly and the team never recovered.

The season didn't end after you beat us - it ended with 7 minutes left in fourth quarter against the Eagles....

Comment

Every games different!!

ALL IN!

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="barrister"]If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year.

We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.[/quote]
                Pretty bad. This team has a strenth and conditioning problem, I am convinced of it. Anyway, how else do you lose your best punt/kick returner in back to back years, lose top key players in secondary, two starting LBers.. 2-3 Olineman. It goes on and on and it's every year.. Anyway we were blown out in the game you refer to. No if ands or buts. The guys that stepped in didn't step up..

Guys we have now we didn't have then.. JPP, Cruz, Prince, beckum,barden, 2 online petrus and baas, LB J. Williams, kiwi#94, several other non starting LBers mark H, Jones, on DLine L. Joseph, TE Ballard , TE/FB Pascoe, FB Hynoski also several others on STs kicker Blanchard, Martin, also chase Blackburn and Boley back...

So team is alot different from that team
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.[/quote]

Let's start with this: if you won the SB, you can gloat and every other fan has to take it. Pretty sure it's in the Constitution.

After the Filthadelphia game in 2010, the Gint's came your way on what could have been either a quest for redemption or as a team that had no heart and no fire.

If you saw that game, you know what team the Pack faced.

Do we have the players to give you a challenge? I would assume that the game we played just a few weeks ago is more relevant than a game more than a year ago, wouldn't you agree?

Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Heh. Thanks.

In terms of just the roster, it seems to me that the addition of Cruz and the emergence of JPP are the most significant differences. And they are both BIG.

The main problem I have with all the flashbacks to the 2007 NFCC is that these are drastically different rosters. The main one being, of course, Rodgers. If it comes down to it, I can assure you that AR12 isn't throwing that pick in OT.

Comment

Sooner or later, every cat shows their stripes. Just out of curiosity, when you signed up Jan '08 were you in the same spirits you are in now?

Comment

[quote user="barrister"]Heh. Thanks.

In terms of just the roster, it seems to me that the addition of Cruz and the emergence of JPP are the most significant differences. And they are both BIG.

The main problem I have with all the flashbacks to the 2007 NFCC is that these are drastically different rosters. The main one being, of course, Rodgers. If it comes down to it, I can assure you that AR12 isn't throwing that pick in OT.[/quote]

agreed about A-rod not throwing picks this is a much better packer team, however I think ur defense was better in 07...not that it matters, just saying. I also do not like the 07 comparisons or last season..to be honest these teams are different from when they met earlier this year.

Comment

[quote user="Delicreep"]
                          I would assume that the game we played just a few weeks ago is more relevant than a game more than a year ago, wouldn't you agree?
                          [/quote]

I certainly agree, that's what I was about to say as well

Comment

[quote user="barrister"]Heh. Thanks.

The main problem I have with all the flashbacks to the 2007 NFCC is that these are drastically different rosters. The main one being, of course, Rodgers. If it comes down to it, I can assure you that AR12 isn't throwing that pick in OT.[/quote]

yeah, but the giants are more similar to their 2007 team than the packers are. the reason for the comparisons is because of the late season surge, the power running game, and the defensive line pressure. we are winning with the same recipe, and we have a core group of guys that were on that team.

eli manning, brandon jacobs, ahmad bradshaw, chris snee, david diehl, kareem mckenzie, justin tuck, osi umenyiora, corey webster, aaron ross....those are just the starters...

we also have blackburn and deossie and kiwanuka at linebacker who happened to be on the ir for the super bowl run four years ago.

i agree that these are different teams. but just trying to add some perspective as to why people are making the comparisons.

Comment

[quote user="barrister"]If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year. We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.[/quote]

Is it just me, or does this guy sound a little nervous?

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Working...
                              X