No announcement yet.

Win or lose it has been a great season.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win or lose it has been a great season.

I have been hard on Coughlin and Eli on these boards but both of them rose to the occasion this season. Eli became elite and Coughlin did a masterful job handling all the injuries combined with a murderous 3rd quarter of tough games.

I am content with sweeping Dallas, beating the Eagles, beating the Jets, (edit: beating the Pats plus the rest of the AFC East) and winning our first home playoff game whilst having 6DBs, 2LBs, a LT and a WR on injured reserve.

Kudos to our couching staff, general manager and players for being resilient and tough throughout adversity.

Now go and beat Greenbay and shove a Discount Doublecheck up Rogers' ***.
    Originally posted by PennState1
    In and around the end zone and on crucial plays, the ball should go to one of our 3 receivers and no one else if at all possible.

Re: Win or lose it has been a great season.

[quote user="Coach Carter"]I have been hard on Coughlin and Eli on these boards but both of them rose to the occasion this season. Eli became elite and Coughlin did a masterful job handling all the injuries combined with a murderous 3rd quarter of tough games.

I am content with sweeping Dallas, beating the Eagles, beating the Jets and winning our first home playoff game whilst having 6DBs, 2LBs, a LT and a WR on injured reserve.

Kudos to our couching staff, general manager and players for being resilient and tough throughout adversity.

Now go and beat Greenbay and shove a Discount Doublecheck up Rogers' ***.[/quote]
    Hey let's not talk about losing yet.. I think we do what your last sentence said and move on to next week. As for everything else u said I agree with it all just not ready to say it yet. I will say it on feb 5th
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[B]
      Good post. All I would add would be beating the Patriots.

Comment

Why sell ourselves short???

BELIeve!!!!

Comment

[quote user="Coach Carter"]I have been hard on Coughlin and Eli on these boards but both of them rose to the occasion this season. Eli became elite and Coughlin did a masterful job handling all the injuries combined with a murderous 3rd quarter of tough games.

I am content with sweeping Dallas, beating the Eagles, beating the Jets and winning our first home playoff game whilst having 6DBs, 2LBs, a LT and a WR on injured reserve.

Now go and beat Greenbay and shove a Discount Doublecheck up Rogers' ***.[/quote]+1

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]Why sell ourselves short???

BELIeve!!!![/quote]Did you read his last sentence?

Comment

discount double check!

Comment

As the game gets closer I see fans starting to fade in their confidence, don't do it fellas, we can win this game !!!!!!

Comment

Eli is the manning lol

Comment

[quote user="harrycarson"]As the game gets closer I see fans starting to fade in their confidence, don't do it fellas, we can win this game !!!!!![/quote]

Their confidence will return once Eli & co take the field and score some points, and the defense puts Rodgers on his hiney a few times. We Can Do This! GO GIANTS!

Comment

It was definitely an entertaining year. I think the only game that didn't have me on the edge of my seat until the final gun was the last one...and I think that is a great sign.

I do, however, share the sentiment that win or lose I will be able to look back and say it was a great year because I enjoy the Giants and the NFL for it's entertainment value. I do not use the Giants or any other team as a means to bolster my own personal ego.

Edit- ...and one more thing. When I consider the injuries that occurred even before the 1st preseason game and couple that with what I consider to be the worst NFL schedule that anyone has ever had to play...I can say that just winning the division and a 1st rd. playoff game exceeded my expectations, as posted earlier. Anything from here is just gravy for me.

Comment

Super bowl or fail.......you can't make love to a beautiful woman & not finish!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="myles2424"]Super bowl or fail.......you can't make love to a beautiful woman & not finish!!!!![/quote]That's a fan's perspective. Mara made his money this year and I guarantee that he's not gonna get looked upon as a failure if the Giants come up short tomorrow. 30 other teams besides us are gonna lose... some already did. This was a successful year and something to build on going forward... regardless if we win or lose.

Comment

I like to assess a season by asking the following question: if at the beginning of the year, you had been offered the season we had, would you take it?

I don't know about you, but I would definitely take a division crown and a shot at Green Bay in the divisional round.

Of course, I ask myself that question at various points throughout the year:

I would have definitely taken 6-2 at midseason with a road win at New England (hell, I would have taken 1-7 with a road win at New England, I hate the Patriots).

Having been 6-2, I would have been disappointed that we'd end up 7-7 and needing to win out to make the playoffs.

But I can't argue with the end result.

Comment

[quote user="Tenspro2002"]I like to assess a season by asking the following question: if at the beginning of the year, you had been offered the season we had, would you take it? I don't know about you, but I would definitely take a division crown and a shot at Green Bay in the divisional round. Of course, I ask myself that question at various points throughout the year: I would have definitely taken 6-2 at midseason with a road win at New England (hell, I would have taken 1-7 with a road win at New England, I hate the Patriots). Having been 6-2, I would have been disappointed that we'd end up 7-7 and needing to win out to make the playoffs. But I can't argue with the end result.[/quote]

Bingo.....

Roller coaster season for sure but here we all are the day before the division championship game and the Giants are in it!! ALL IN !!!!!!!

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X