Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will the interior OL be when Schwartz returns as starter? Make your predictions here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will the interior OL be when Schwartz returns as starter? Make your predictions here.

See poll

This is what you predict will actually happen
    LG Schwartz, C Walton, RG Jerry
    22.22%
    LG Schwartz, C Richburg, RG Jerry
    24.44%
    LG Richburg, C Walton, RG Schwartz
    53.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by bELIever10; 10-21-2014, 10:21 PM.

i voted for the 2nd option bc thats what id prefer but it will likely be the 3rd one.

Comment

I don't know, but I'll be pissed if Richburg is benched.

Comment

ok if it was down to me I would make a few shuffles to the line which would be

Beatty - Schwartz - Richburg - Pugh - Brown -in this scenario I think we have a very very strong interior with Pugh moving inside where his arm length wont be so much of an issue and looking back on all his pre draft bios most say he will probably be best suited at Guard, I know with this one the one glaring potential weakness is Charles Brown but hey give the guy a shot if not him the give Brewer a shot and if both flunk you know that we can get rid of both and we would need to address RT in free agency of the draft.

Though I do not expect that to occur I think the Giants will go with

Beatty - Schwartz - Walton - Richburg - Pugh

Comment

They should use Richburg as an eligible TE and be an extra lineman for the power running.

Rudy was my side chick.

Comment

It makes no sense to replace a center who isn't having any problems with the exchange to Eli.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              It makes no sense to replace a center who isn't having any problems with the exchange to Eli.
              +1 and I really don't see any other position for Walton to play. At first when he was signed IMO my first thought was he wasn't versatile enough, not a giants kind of OL.
              " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                +1 and I really don't see any other position for Walton to play. At first when he was signed IMO my first thought was he wasn't versatile enough, not a giants kind of OL.
                I am hoping Schwartz's return elevates the play of the unit.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  I am hoping Schwartz's return elevates the play of the unit.

That would be nice...my concern is that he wasn't anything spectacular in the preseason. I just don't get whey the Giants would use him at left guard if right guard is where is played very well last year.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                    That would be nice...my concern is that he wasn't anything spectacular in the preseason. I just don't get whey the Giants would use him at left guard if right guard is where is played very well last year.
                    The whole offense was pathetic in preseason and for the first two regular season games. His injury was unfortunate but hopefully we will soon see whether he was worth it or not.
                    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-22-2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                      Agreed. That was strange as he clearly struggled on the left.

Comment

As long as they don't change the center.

Comment

It's obvious to me. Jerry goes to the bench. Jerry kills the team in the run game with his run holding penalties and lack of mobility run blocking, resulting in 3rd and 7's or 3rd and 17's. You can't win with one dimensional Jerry. Miami realized it last year. I realized it in the preseason. bELIever10 still doesn't realize it.

Comment

If we drafted who we should've, we could have a great young nucleus to build around (see below). All of these players were available when we picked, none of them would have been considered reaches, and we wouldn't have to worry about depth/FA pickups:

Will Beatty - Zack Martin (R) - Weston Richburg (R) - Gabe Jackson (R) - Justin Pugh

We've needed OL help/depth for years now. This years draft was completely stocked with what we needed, and we came out with only one Center/OG. To me, if we would've just picked the "boring picks" this year our OL would be set for the foreseeable future.
                            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                            Garrett Bolles - OT
                            David Njoku - TE
                            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                              Agreed. That was strange as he clearly struggled on the left.
                              I'm not sure right/left is etched in stone. But I seem to recall Schwartz is versatile enough to play both sides as well as tackle.

Excerpt: ""Schwartz was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the seventh round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played in all 16 games for the Panthers in 2009, and started all 16 games in 2010 playing both right tackle and right guard, but was injured in 2011. He played for the Minnesota Vikings in 2012, and played all 16 games for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2013 while starting 7. In 2014, he signed a four-year deal to play for the New York Giants." Read more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Schwartz

Comment

Working...
                              X