Investigation Needed....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investigation Needed....

Does anyone think there was something fishy with the officiating for yesterday's Giants game?

The refs in that game should be investigated to see if they were paid by someone to "fix" the game for the Packers.

Any thoughts?

Re: Investigation Needed....

I was ready to blow a gasket .

I cannot believe how much the refs tried to hand Green Bay the game, and we still beat them handily.

Should have been 37-3 or 37-10 in all honesty.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

there's always a chance at corrpution creeping into any heavily wagered sport.

but there's been enough randomly bad officiated games in the NFL that i think we're just the victims of bad timing more than anything else.

if a bunch of calls go our way next week, i'd be more concerned.

If refs are able to'even up' calls, then it can go the other way too...........

sigpic

Comment

The blow to the head penalty on Osi to keep the Packer's drive alive late in the game took the cake.

Not even close...

Comment

I think an investigation by the NFL would be appropriate. The calls were extremely Packer-biased and blatantly so. And the referees that officiated should not call another game until the investigation confirms or clears them of wrong-doing.
          Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

but there's been enough randomly bad officiated games in the NFL that i think we're just the victims of bad timing more than anything else.

[/quote]
            The only explanation for yesterdays officiating is that Kidnappers had Leavys family held hostage and threatened Leavy they'd be harmed if he didn't throw the game.

Comment

Nothing different then the past 3 weeks, or the last GB game. Refs were told to get GB to the Champ game, plain and simple. Our beloved NFL is corrupt. Its sad. WWF = NFL.

Comment

If there is a conspiracy, maybe it will go in the Giants favor this weekend. Nothing would be bigger than a Giants/Patriots Super Bowl rematch. A "Harbaugh Bowl" would be a distant second.

Comment

After that bad call in the first game we played the Packers this season, I began to look closer at the refs calls. I am of the opinion that the NFL thru the Refs are attempting to change the outcome of a game.

Comment

There is no conspiracy. there is no effort for the league to get certain teams in the championship games or the Superbowl. That would be a death blow to a flourishing league.

Stop with all this crap. Its just incompitence. the guy missed the Jennings review because he was incompitent.

Thats the problem. Stop with the conspiracy theories people.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

i like the idea of a challenge on a play but what good is it if you don't get the call right after reviewing it...cameras can be used to spot the ball...but calls being overturned because 2 officials saw the play differently is another issue...yes, there's something fishy and we all know where the smell is coming from.....

Comment

[quote user="blueomaha"]i like the idea of a challenge on a play but what good is it if you don't get the call right after reviewing it...cameras can be used to spot the ball...but calls being overturned because 2 officials saw the play differently is another issue...yes, there's something fishy and we all know where the smell is coming from.....
                        [/quote]

There is nothing fishy at all about it. the guy just made a terrible call and should probably be fired for it.

But the suggestion that the league is out to get us, or is trying tomove certain teams forward is nuts!!

Do any of you have any idea how much additional revenue the league earns if a New York team makes the suberbowl? Its huge. Why on earth (if they were corrupt) would they be corrupt in the direction of making far LESS money.

This needs to stop.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

it IS fishy! I do not think I have ever seen a game with such one sided officiating. Is there some kind of "Head of Officiating" that can fire those ref's or at least take their paychecks for that game?

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

There is no conspiracy.* there is no effort for the league to get certain teams in the championship games or the Superbowl.* That would be a death blow to a flourishing league.

Stop with all this crap.* Its just incompitence.* the guy missed the Jennings review because he was incompitent.

Thats the problem.** Stop with the conspiracy theories people.

[/quote]

Conspiracies are unlikely. Point shaving by officials has happened in nearly all sports though. This season has seen a lot of obvious mistakes in huge moments. At this point it warrants serious discussion and a close observation by the league. They are already discussing publicy hiring full time officials. Imagine what is being said privately.

Why would the officials even care about the long term success of the league over a massive payday? They are part time employees with little vested interest.

Comment

[quote user="Husky"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[/quote]
                              The only explanation for yesterdays officiating is that Kidnappers had Leavys family held hostage and threatened Leavy they'd be harmed if he didn't throw the game.
                              [/quote]

i don't think he should be officiating anymore. this isn't his first horrible game.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X