Draft day picking Nicks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft day picking Nicks

Do any of you remember the thoughts on him ??

They mentioned he gained 10 pounds and all this and his draft value slipped.

I recall he had a severely sprained ankle which lead to him not being able to train causing him to gain a few. Also others said he wasnt that fast but he made plays !

Well funny he s making lots of plays. I would rather draft based on play making than speed !!

Another solid draft pick.

Re: Draft day picking Nicks

[quote user="sheepdip"]Do any of you remember the thoughts on him ??

I recall he had a severely sprained ankle which lead to him not being able to train causing him to gain a few.* Also others said he wasnt that fast but he made plays !

Well funny he s making lots of plays. I would rather draft based on play making than speed !!

[/quote]
    I remember it was him or Kenny Britt. Everyone was also excited about getting Barden

Comment

I recall he had a severely sprained ankle which lead to him not being able to train causing him to gain a few.* Also others said he wasnt that fast but he made plays !

[/quote]Giants had a deal with the Lions to trade up to 20 to pick Maclin but the Eagles jumped ahead of the Giants at 19.Lucky for the Giants they did

Comment

Hated the pick. Thought we should've went Lauriniatis.

Boy was I wrong, and glad I was, although he's a hell of a MLB for the Rams.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="sheepdip"]Do any of you remember the thoughts on him ??

[/quote]Giants had a deal with the Lions to trade up to 20 to pick Maclin but the Eagles jumped ahead of the Giants at 19.Lucky for the Giants they did[/quote]

The Giants where also lucky the Eagles did not pick JPP last year.

Comment

Loved the Nicks pick, he was a pro ready guy in my mind.

Hated the Barden pick, Arizona was shopping Boldin for a third, we use a third on Barden, who is a colossal bust.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="sheepdip"]Do any of you remember the thoughts on him ??

[/quote]Giants had a deal with the Lions to trade up to 20 to pick Maclin but the Eagles jumped ahead of the Giants at 19.Lucky for the Giants they did[/quote]

The Giants where also lucky the Eagles did not pick JPP last year.[/quote]2 years ago, and I am still surprised they didn't take Earl Thomas.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

There was a ton of debate, but once drafted and the youtube vids started rolling, I think all got excited

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="buddy33"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="sheepdip"]Do any of you remember the thoughts on him ??

The Giants where also lucky the Eagles did not pick JPP last year.[/quote]2 years ago, and I am still surprised they didn't take Earl Thomas.[/quote]

LOL. You know what I meant.

As long as they keep picking wrong ahead of the Giants I will be happy.

Comment

I wanted Britt being a rutgers graduate, but damn Nicks has been the best receiver from that draft easily.

Comment

With Nicks and Cruz we are going to have a dynamic duo at WR for a long time.

Comment

[/quote]

I was psyched when we picked him. The one thing that stood out in his scouting report was how big and physical he was and is. I mean, crap, we had just lost Burress,, so getting Nicks was a huge boost even though so many rated Maclin and Britt higher.

I remember Mayock saying things that made me happy about this pick. Mike Mayock is one of the better draft guys too compared to Kiper and other clowns. Mayock was like "If you have an doubt about this kid look at his bowl game. He's a poor man's Anquan Boldin. Butch Davis swears by this kid."

I was sold.

Comment

I wanted Britt and couldnt be more happy that we did not pick him

Nicks was a beast at NC and continues more of the same here....and will for many years

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="sheepdip"]Do any of you remember the thoughts on him ??

The Giants where also lucky the Eagles did not pick JPP last year.[/quote]

Eagles suck at jumping in front of us and getting the better player.

We both go after WR's and we win

We both go after DE's and we win

Lol that has to suck

Comment

They really couldn't have gone wrong, but Nicks is the more incompetent of the receivers. Maclin and Britt have been getting injured more though. Britt tears stuff up when he's on the field though. Tennessee got bad luck that he keeps getting hurt.

Comment

Working...
                              X