Throwing A Hail Mary Instead Of Trying a 53 Yard FG At End Of Half

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing A Hail Mary Instead Of Trying a 53 Yard FG At End Of Half

Was that a slap in Tynes face or what? NFL kickers are better than ever these days. 53 yards is doable for most kickers.

I don't think Coughlin even trusts Tynes anymore. Pretty much every team tries the FG there.

Re: Throwing A Hail Mary Instead Of Trying a 53 Yard FG At End Of Half

Umm...What?

He did have one blocked and it is not a chip shot. You also do not want another one blocked and have it run back to end the half.

It worked and I'm sure he is fine with it.

Comment

He kicked it out of bounds on a kickoff and had another kick blocked. Obviously he wasn't having a great game.

Comment

[quote user="StrahanTuck"]Was that a slap in Tynes face or what? NFL kickers are better than ever these days. 53 yards is doable for most kickers.

I don't think Coughlin even trusts Tynes anymore. Pretty much every team tries the FG there.
        [/quote]

I blew milk out my nose I'm laughing so hard at this ridiculous post. I don't think it had anything to do with Tynes. I think you're thrown off because we actually went for the jugular, which we never do. We were out to WIN. They said TC said that during the halftime, we sent a message we're going for the win aggressively.
        Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

It cold weather with a rock hard football? The hail mary was the better play.

Comment

A hail mary probably has a better chance with our receivers than a 53 yard field goal at Lambeau

Comment

It was the right call. But you can't say we definitely throw the pass if we had a good kicker.

Comment

He deserves a slap. Stop sucking (i.e. kicking the ball out of bounds) and maybe we could trust him. Until then I will take Eli magic any time.

Comment

[quote user="Gmen2005"]A hail mary probably has a better chance with our receivers than a 53 yard field goal at Lambeau
                  [/quote]

With Tynes, yeah. But is 53 that long these days, even in cold weather? I remember one of the worst kickers in the league, Josh Scobee, hitting a 59 yarder last year. Tynes finally got one right at Lambeau in the Championship game, which was from a good distance too.

Comment

[quote user="StrahanTuck"]Was that a slap in Tynes face or what? NFL kickers are better than ever these days. 53 yards is doable for most kickers.

[/quote]

I don't think it was a problem with Tynes. 53 yards is a low trajectory kick and we'd already had one blocked. I think TC felt good enough about the way we were playing to settle for ending the half with a 3-point lead instead of risking a blocked FG return for Green Bay points.

Comment

You think he is not a good kicker. I disagree. He makes most of his kicks and has for years now. That was not a chip shot and in that situation many coaches would have done the same thing.

Comment

[/quote]

I dont think so...

53 yards in a sub freezing atmosphere with the score 13-10......not a slap at all.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

It was probably also the safe option. You never know if they block it again and run it back giving all the momentum to the home team.

Comment

every single kicker can get a touchback every time and practically every tynes kickoff was returned yesterday. not to mention he kicked one out of bounds and had a FG blocked. most teams go for the FG there. probably every team except us

Comment

Actually he was kicking the ball deep yesterday. He even hit the cross bar once.

Comment

Working...
                              X