Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Listening to 49ers players in interviews....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to 49ers players in interviews....

....and noticing a lot of similarities between the way they approach the media and the way the giants do.

It's evidence of good coaching I think, on both sides.

Here's an example:

[link]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82611912/Are-the-49ers-ready-for-the-Giants?module=HP11_cp[/link]

Re: Listening to 49ers players in interviews....

yep i noticed that as well. they wont give us any bulletin board material. they are definitely well coached.

Comment

I love the SF head coach....wonder where they would be right now if they still had Singletary....

Comment

[quote user="WKNY"]I love the SF head coach....wonder where they would be right now if they still had Singletary....
        [/quote]

Playing golf with the Ryan Bros.

Comment

there's no bad teams left.

49ers have earned their spot here.
          sigpic

Comment

[quote user="WKNY"]I love the SF head coach....wonder where they would be right now if they still had Singletary....
            [/quote]

I was thinking the same thing from the other angle......what must Mike Singletary be thinking right now......

Comment

I don't really know of Mike Singletary's situation and what happened in SF when he was coaching but he seems more of a preacher and life coach rather than a head football coach.

I have nothing to base this on other than the Vernon Davis situation and his classic press conference. He seemed to try too hard.

but right now Harbaugh is working wonders for the 9ers including allowing Alex Smith to step up into his own.

Comment

They're tough, well focused, talented, and well coached. It's going to be a GREAT game.

Comment

[quote user="bleeding blue"]I don't really know of Mike Singletary's situation and what happened in SF when he was coaching but he seems more of a preacher and life coach rather than a head football coach. I have nothing to base this on other than the Vernon Davis situation and his classic press conference. He seemed to try too hard. but right now Harbaugh is working wonders for the 9ers including allowing Alex Smith to step up into his own.[/quote]

It's tough for great players to adjust to coaching, because guys like Singletary never needed to get kicked in the ***.

The game cameso easily to them, which is why they sometimes struggle to motivate players that lack both the talent and drive they once possessed.

Comment

Think he is an example of when the HC really DOES matter, sometimes people say the roster is the difference, but Singletary started out with fire and popularity, but with the same roster, a totally different style of coach brought them to a totally different level.....personally I think its a crap shoot projecting what style of coach will work with a particular roster.

Comment

Oh come on...Enough with this "they are good team" nonsense, they have an above average defense in a pass happy NFL...They are a team that plays in the DEAD NFC WEST 5 of their wins came from Seattle, Arizona, and Saint Louis. If we played in that division we would be 13-3 too...Come on now...We can beat these guys by two scores if we really put the engine on all cylinders

Comment

Don't think anybody is saying we can't beat 'em....but there's no doubt that beating Brees after one of his classic last minute TD tosses was impressive and is worthy of attention, especially when SF is supposed to have a "bad offense"

Comment

Seattle beat New Orleans outside of the Super Dome last year? Anybody remember that?

Comment

[quote user="nygfan7387"]Oh come on...Enough with this "they are good team" nonsense, they have an above average defense in a pass happy NFL...They are a team that plays in the DEAD NFC WEST 5 of their wins came from Seattle, Arizona, and Saint Louis. If we played in that division we would be 13-3 too...Come on now...We can beat these guys by two scores if we really put the engine on all cylinders

[/quote]

really now? we beat good teams outside of the NFC west too, PHI, you guys, DET, (we choked away DAL game), NO...

come on man, above average defense? we have one of the top defenses in the league, and you guys have one of the best offenses, please give us more credit than that...

Comment

[quote user="nygfan7387"]Oh come on...Enough with this "they are good team" nonsense, they have an above average defense in a pass happy NFL...They are a team that plays in the DEAD NFC WEST 5 of their wins came from Seattle, Arizona, and Saint Louis. If we played in that division we would be 13-3 too...Come on now...We can beat these guys by two scores if we really put the engine on all cylinders

[/quote]

Dude we went 2-2 against that division and it was pretty close to being worse than that! You still have to win the games and we all know we play badly against bad teams, like the redskins games this year.

SF D is very tough, it will interesting to see if we can get anything going on the ground, we couldn't against the packers and SF are much better against the run. Will be a tough, close game

Comment

Working...
                              X