This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY06 Hands Team

I hope this clears up the confusion on your part of not understanding what a hands team is. From the NY Post today:

"Another season when Tom Coughlin’s club sank instead of rising down the stretch, but at 10-6 he rightly is coming back. Failing to put the "hands team" on the field in the meltdown vs. Philadelphia will keep him up at night. Still has command of the locker room, and at 64 yeas old isn’t slowing down. Perry Fewell in his first year as defensive coordinator prodded a league-leading 39 forced turnovers out of a unit that has to develop more consistency. Kevin Gilbride’s offense moves the ball but probably is too enamored with the pass and definitely far too sloppy. We’ll see about the future of special teams coordinator Tom Quinn. His schemes and personnel were unable to generate anything in the return game"

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...#ixzz1AG6jR4Z7

Re: NY06 Hands Team

I think the whole "hands team" issue is overblown. It's not like the Eagles lined up for an obvious onside kick, where the whole coverage team is set up to try to recover it. As long as the Giants don't take those steps backwards at the kick, they should have been fine...

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"]I think the whole "hands team" issue is overblown.* It's not like the Eagles lined up for an obvious onside kick, where the whole coverage team is set up to try to recover it.* As long as the Giants don't take those steps backwards at the kick, they should have been fine...
      [/quote]

The whole issue is about preparation. BEFORE the team lines up. Have the hands team out there and instruct the hands team to play for the ondide kick. That was the only correct call. It wasn't done and the coach must take responsibility for that error.

Comment

[quote user="violet1"][quote user="yoeddy"]I think the whole "hands team" issue is overblown. It's not like the Eagles lined up for an obvious onside kick, where the whole coverage team is set up to try to recover it. As long as the Giants don't take those steps backwards at the kick, they should have been fine...
        [/quote] The whole issue is about preparation. BEFORE the team lines up. Have the hands team out there and instruct the hands team to play for the ondide kick. That was the only correct call. It wasn't done and the coach must take responsibility for that error.[/quote]

You really are ******ed aren't you violet1? Chase Blackburn, the captain of the ST unit, was told to have the return unit prepared to play the onsides kick. He didn't.

What is so ****ing hard to understand about that? What don't you get about it being a breakdown on the PLAYERS part, not the coaching? What is soooo hard to understand about return units not taking off until the ball is kicked, which is something that the return team did not do?

You are just a complete and total ****ing idiot. Please for the sake of humanity, do not reproduce, and if you have already, please kill your young.

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"]I think the whole "hands team" issue is overblown. It's not like the Eagles lined up for an obvious onside kick
          [/quote]

The ball was titled sideways on the tee, giving away their trick. You'd think an NFL coaching staff and players would have noticed what viewers at home did.
          8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="Chaosist"]

You really are ******ed aren't you violet1? Chase Blackburn, the captain of the ST unit, was told to have the return unit prepared to play the onsides kick. He didn't.

What is so ****ing hard to understand about that? What don't you get about it being a breakdown on the PLAYERS part, not the coaching?[/quote]

I've said this many times already, but the significant evidence that the players don't listen to the coaches anymore (throw Dodge's insubordination on the kick to Jackson in there) -- is that really any better?

This also fits nicely into Coughlin's complete inability to correct problems anymore. None of the team's problems gets corrected.

If the players aren't listening to the coaches and the coaches aren't doing anything about it, it's STILL a coaching failure and really it means Coughlin's staff is toast. We already saw the telltale sign of a players-only meeting. Such a waste having them back for 2011. It's going to be Fassel's 2003 all over again.

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="yoeddy"]I think the whole "hands team" issue is overblown.* It's not like the Eagles lined up for an obvious onside kick
              [/quote]

The ball was sideways on the tee, giving away their trick.* You'd think an NFL coaching staff and players would have noticed what viewers at home did.
              [/quote]

I was watching for the onside kick and didn't see it coming so I'm not sure what you saw that tipped you off but apparently it was good enough to lull the Giants crew.

Not to mention that it was probably one of the best onside kicks I've ever seen.

This is not to take away some sense of responsibility on the player's (or coaching staff's part) but sometimes you can prepare all you want and still come up short. It was just one more thing in a myriad of things that contributed to that game's collapse.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="Chaosist"]

What is so ****ing hard to understand about that? What don't you get about it being a breakdown on the PLAYERS part, not the coaching?[/quote]

I've said this many times already, but the significant evidence that the players don't listen to the coaches anymore (throw Dodge's insubordination on the kick to Jackson in there) -- is that really any better?

This also fits nicely into Coughlin's complete inability to correct problems anymore. None of the team's problems gets corrected.

If the players aren't listening to the coaches and the coaches aren't doing anything about it, it's STILL a coaching failure and really it means Coughlin's staff is toast. We already saw the telltale sign of a players-only meeting. Such a waste having them back for 2011. It's going to be Fassel's 2003 all over again.

[/quote]

I don't think it was a function of Dodge not listening to his orders to punt the ball out of bounds as much as it was his inability to do so on that play.

Also, the players should be disciplined enough to not have that kind of breakdown on their own. The kick return thing is a fundamental that I remember being taught in HS. I don't think that falls on Coughlin so much as it does Blackburn and the other players. Other than flat out lining up the hands team, what else could have Coughlin done right then? They were told to play it. They didn't. It's on the guys up front. Maybe CB won't be back next year, or if he is, maybe he wont' be the captain. The next time a similar situation arose, he actually sent the hands team out, which meant he did correct it. Sometimes the players need to accept accountability, too, and step up and execute what they have been told to do.

Comment

[quote user="Chaosist"]

[quote user="violet1"][quote user="yoeddy"]I think the whole "hands team" issue is overblown. It's not like the Eagles lined up for an obvious onside kick, where the whole coverage team is set up to try to recover it. As long as the Giants don't take those steps backwards at the kick, they should have been fine...
                  [/quote] The whole issue is about preparation. BEFORE the team lines up. Have the hands team out there and instruct the hands team to play for the ondide kick. That was the only correct call. It wasn't done and the coach must take responsibility for that error.[/quote]

What is so ****ing hard to understand about that? What don't you get about it being a breakdown on the PLAYERS part, not the coaching? What is soooo hard to understand about return units not taking off until the ball is kicked, which is something that the return team did not do?

You are just a complete and total ****ing idiot. Please for the sake of humanity, do not reproduce, and if you have already, please kill your young.

[/quote]

Wow . . . . I sense a history here . . .

Comment

[quote user="Chaosist"]

[quote user="violet1"][quote user="yoeddy"]I think the whole "hands team" issue is overblown.* It's not like the Eagles lined up for an obvious onside kick, where the whole coverage team is set up to try to recover it.* As long as the Giants don't take those steps backwards at the kick, they should have been fine...

[/quote]

It amazes me how you could be so dumb and ignore the fact that THE HANDS TEAM SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE FIELD AND INSTRUCTED TO PLAY AS IF IT WAS AN ON DIDE KICK NO MATTER WHAT. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. YOU ARE THICK. READ WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE WRITING. DON'T BE A DUMMY.

PLEASE!

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="Chaosist"]

[/quote]

Wow . . . . I sense a history here . . .

[/quote]

Other than the5000 threads where this moron has hashed this out? Violet just doesn't get it.

Comment

[quote user="violet1"][quote user="Chaosist"]

[/quote] It amazes me how you could be so dumb and ignore the fact that THE HANDS TEAM SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE FIELD AND INSTRUCTED TO PLAY AS IF IT WAS AN ON DIDE KICK NO MATTER WHAT. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. YOU ARE THICK. READ WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE WRITING. DON'T BE A DUMMY. PLEASE![/quote]

I don't need to read what other people are writing, I've read what the coaching staff and players have said, such as Blackburn saying he failed in his duty to get the return unit properly prepared as he was instructed to be on the lookout for the kick. As Philly did not come out in their hands team, we did not, either. Even Andy Reid said he wasn't sure at first if he was actually going to go for the onsides. It was only moment before the kick that he decided to go for it. This gaffe was on the players, not the coaching. There comes a point where the players actually have to do what they are told.

It is not my fault that you are too ******ed to realize that.

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"]I think the whole "hands team" issue is overblown. It's not like the Eagles lined up for an obvious onside kick, where the whole coverage team is set up to try to recover it. As long as the Giants don't take those steps backwards at the kick, they should have been fine...
                          [/quote]

na its not... i mean he was expecting it and warned the front line about it. If you think its coming, then do something about it.

Our return game sucks anyway, what woukld it of cost us, 5 yards to be safe?

IF we get that onside kick we win the game more than likely
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="Chaosist"][quote user="violet1"][quote user="Chaosist"]

[quote user="violet1"][quote user="yoeddy"]I think the whole "hands team" issue is overblown.* It's not like the Eagles lined up for an obvious onside kick, where the whole coverage team is set up to try to recover it.* As long as the Giants don't take those steps backwards at the kick, they should have been fine...

[/quote] It amazes me how you could be so dumb and ignore the fact that THE HANDS TEAM SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE FIELD AND INSTRUCTED TO PLAY AS IF IT WAS AN ON DIDE KICK NO MATTER WHAT. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. YOU ARE THICK. READ WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE WRITING. DON'T BE A DUMMY. PLEASE![/quote]

I don't need to read what other people are writing, I've read what the coaching staff and players have said, such as Blackburn saying he failed in his duty to get the return unit properly prepared as he was instructed to be on the lookout for the kick. As Philly did not come out in their hands team, we did not, either. Even Andy Reid said he wasn't sure at first if he was actually going to go for the onsides. It was only moment before the kick that he decided to go for it. This gaffe was on the players, not the coaching. There comes a point where the players actually have to do what they are told.

[/quote]

One more time. It doesn't matter what the Eagles did. Hands team and play for on side kick. That was the proper call. Period. I notice that the dummy posters all appear to be 28-35 years of age. Immaturity and lack of knowledge I guess.

Comment

[quote user="violet1"][quote user="Chaosist"][quote user="violet1"][quote user="Chaosist"]

[/quote] One more time. It doesn't matter what the Eagles did. Hands team and play for on side kick. That was the proper call. Period. I notice that the dummy posters all appear to be 28-35 years of age. Immaturity and lack of knowledge I guess.[/quote]

And I notice the ******s are just ******ed, regardless of their age.

Comment

Working...
                              X