X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Will Never Forgive Matt Dodge for What He Did

[quote user="RunTheBall"]

You can nitpick and point to individual blunders that cost the Giants a win this season, but how in the world do you*punt a ball down the field to the most dangerous returner in the game right now when your coach specifically asked you to kick it out of bounds?* It is your job.* Sure, no one died, but he failed miserably in his only job on the field.* And it's not like it was just an aberration.* He was not reliable from Week 1.* Would you drive on the road knowing your brakes are faulty and occasionally don't work?

Yes, I wanted to kick Pierre Paul for his penalty which gave
    the Eagles a 1st down in the final minutes of the first meeting.*
    You could say we lost the game because of it.* But that's a
    mistake.** Dodge's punt was a blatant display of incompetency,
    and it's not like he hasn't done it before.* He is just bad, and I
    would have no confidence in him if I were a special teams player.
    * Just expect the worst and hope for the best is no way to play in
    the NFL.

[/quote]

Why would you blame JPP for a penalty and forget about the 6
    points the Eagles scored off of 2 interceptions early in the game?
    What about the Eli fumble? So in the same way it is ridiculous to
    blame Dodge for the loss. The reason why people blame him is
    because his was the last of 100 mistakes made by the Giants
    that day. Before you blame him ask yourself why the game came
    down to that play. Ask yourself why the Giants had to recover
    an on sides kick to secure a victory in their first game with Dallas
    this year after they dominated them for most o the game.

Comment

[quote user="RunTheBall"][quote user="buddy33"]Did Didge throw an interception that lead to 3 points in that game? Did he fumble the ball around the 20 while running out of bounds with no one hitting him which lead to 10 points? Did he blow the coverage on Celek for that long TD? Did he do anything wrong on the on sides kick after that TD? Did he lose contain on Vick? Did he give up a 21 point lead?[/quote]The circumstances does not excuse the act.* The game was tied.* Should you hate Dodge only if the Giants crawled back from a 21-point deficit instead of the Eagles?* The game was tied!* Just like the playoffs.* 0-0 for
      all teams.* You do not go back and analyze what seeding and
      better matchup*you would have had if you won this game or that
      one.* Dodge came into the*tie game.* He didn't give up a HR to
      lose.* He threw a wild pitch to lose the game.* Big difference.*
      [/quote]

What? If the Giants made a 21 point come back and he did that of course it's different. The game was tied? Yeah, why was it tied when they dominated the Eagles for 52 minutes? Dodge did absolutely nothing wrong while the Eagles put 21 points on the board in about 7 minutes or so.

Comment

Matt Dodge came into a tied game in the bottom of the 9th with the winning run on 3rd. He throws a wild pitch. Giants lose the game, the NFC East division title, a first round bye, and a home game.Dodge did nothing wrong. Okay.

Comment

First, football and baseball are not the same sport in any way shape or form.
          Second, I never said he didn't do anything wrong. I said he didn't do anything wrong during the Eagles 21 point come back during a 7 minute or so period.

Comment

If Matt Dodge walks on that field in Week 1 ofthe2011season, it's abig F.U. to Giants fans from Giants management and Coughlin. The same when the Yanks brought back Javier Vazquez.

Comment

Lol. It's not baseball dude. Let it go.

Comment

[quote user="RunTheBall"]He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform.[/quote]

You might want to consider changing your screen name to Mr. Extreme.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

He is not the only one responsible for the loss. But all he had to do was kick the god damn ball out of bounds and send the game to OT.

Comment

[quote user="RunTheBall"]If Matt Dodge walks on that field in Week 1 ofthe2011season, it's abig F.U. to Giants fans from Giants management and Coughlin. The same when the Yanks brought back Javier Vazquez.[/quote]

The level of mental deficiency and intellectual dishonesty you have shown in this thread is absolutely staggering. Bad punt aside... It's not like it's a forgone conclusion that if Jackson fields a punt it will be a TD (actually over his career there is only a 4% chance that he will return it for a TD.The one in our game was his only PR for TD this season).There were 10 other Giants on the field whose job it is to prevent that from happening. You're extremely weak and completely illogical, "they weren't expecting Jackson to return/they are only there to recover a muffed handle by Dodge," is just that... weak and illogical. Even though it was a horrid screw up by Dodge, we actually had guys that had a chance to hit the stupid ****er (Jackson). They failed in my eyes more miserably than Dodge.

I would continue this, but at this point in time, I feel like I'm kicking a dog.

Comment

[quote user="RunTheBall"]

[quote user="GameTime"]a normal person would have dislike for someone who actually did something on purpose. Do you think Dodge actually wants to suck a as a punter?? Stop being such a whiner. He has had his share of screw ups throughout the season. But to hate him for trying his best.....shows your lack of character.[/quote]Football should be a meritocracy. Don't believe it. Jason Campbell has better stats than Eli Manning in his career, but Eli makes $100 million and never gets criticized by the media. Eli gets excused for his INTs, yet everyone attacks Bradshaw for his fumbles. FYI: Eli has just as many fumbles as as Bradshaw. If Dodge gets to keep his job next season, it will be the smoking gun that the NFL is not colorblind.

This was an interesting read:

Williams Out, Allen In, as Giant Punter
                      By BUSTER OLNEY
                      August 29, 2002

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J., Aug. 28 — The Giants may or may not succeed in improving their special teams play this season, but nobody can accuse them of not being original. After releasing punter Rodney Williams today and signing Matt Allen to fill the position, they now have a punter who has never appeared in a regular-season game, to go along with a place-kicker who has never made a field goal in the regular season.

Rodney Williams, 25, may have as much power as any punter in the league; last season he set a Giants record with a 90-yard punt in Denver, 16 yards longer than the previous record. Williams's punts were often majestic kicks that sent returners staggering backward. Teammates respected his toughness after Williams broke his right wrist tackling Dallas's Reggie Swinton on Nov. 4 and missed only one game before coming back.

But Fassel is intent on improving special teams play this season, and he was increasingly dissatisfied with Williams's inconsistency in distance and hang time. Under the direction of the new special teams coach, Bruce Read, the Giants are placing increased emphasis on well-placed punts with solid hang time. Williams acknowledged midway through camp that he was struggling with the adjustment, and Fassel made it clear several times that Williams's job was in jeopardy.

Williams's gross average last season was 42.9 yards, while his net was 35.4. His gross average for nine punts in the preseason was 41.8 yards, while his net was 24.1 yards, terrible numbers for which he was not wholly responsible; the coverage units are loaded with inexperienced players, and in one instance, Williams had to make a tackle to prevent a touchdown. After last Saturday's game against the Jets, Williams seemed frustrated and concerned, saying of Fassel, ''You never know exactly where you stand.''

[/quote]

When you write things such as highlighted above, you lose the audience. You are factually inaccurate. If anyone is criticized for poor performance, it's Eli.

It also doesn't help to bring up 8 year old articles to back you up.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"]trust me Dodge got a good talking to.

[/quote]Yes--He knew full well how TC felt that day.

Comment

You know, the way the defense looked so tired, with the offense not doing anything, and ALL the momentum with the Eagles I don't think the Giants where winning in over tIme anyway.

Should have never come down to that punt.

Comment

[quote user="RunTheBall"]He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform.[/quote]

no offense, but that is the STUPIDEST thing i've ever heard in my life.

Why don't you hate Rolle and Phillips for giving up the big play to Celek

Why dont u hate Coughlin for not putting the hands team out

Why do u not hate Wilkinson and Bulluck or whoever was on the front line for not playing the onside like they were told

Why do u not hate the 4 missed tackles on desean jackson which would of ended the game

Why do u not hate Manningham for fumbling and giving them a free score

Why do u not hate the entire defense for getting the ball jammed down their throat to tie the game.

Why do u not hate Bradshaw for getting an extra two yards when we were making philly burn their timeouts, we would of had a first down and the game would of been over.

Why do u not hate Hagan for running the right route to get a first down

Why do u not hate the line for getting eli sacked the last play of the game

learn football man. As bad as that **** was, it was the LEAST of our problems
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

I believe the game was 31-10 with 8 minutes left, no? Did Dodge blow that lead?

But then again, I guess all anyone remembers about the 2002 49ers game was Trey Junkins bad snap, not the way the Giants blew a 38-14 lead in the 2nd half.

Comment

[quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]lmao @ Dodge costing the giants the game.

You blow a lead that big and it's on the team, not on any one individual.
                                [/quote]

Dodge has been a game of russian roulette every punt.

He didn't cost us the game, but he was the bloody exclamation point on a shipload of failure.
                                8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Working...
                                X