X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunTheBall
    started a topic I Will Never Forgive Matt Dodge for What He Did

I Will Never Forgive Matt Dodge for What He Did

He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform.

• Diamondring
    replied
    Re: I Will Never Forgive Matt Dodge for What He Did

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Out of Exile"][quote user="RunTheBall"]He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform.[/quote] Anyone who puts 100% of the blame on the PUNTER is a complete MOREON. I didn't see 11 Matt Dodge's on offense and defense giving the game away.[/quote]

LOL that while you are calling someone a moron you spell the word moron wrong . . . . .

[/quote]Right but no matter if he spelled the word wrong, wewas on point though.

Leave a comment:

• FBomb
    replied

[quote user="Bud Bottle"]You mods really have to consider instituting an age requirement to post here. It's just annoying to listen to some 8 yr old jump up and down, cry, scream and stomp their feet.[/quote]

lol.....I almost used those same exact words to describe the OP's post!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bud Bottle
    replied

You mods really have to consider instituting an age requirement to post here. It's just annoying to listen to some 8 yr old jump up and down, cry, scream and stomp their feet.

Leave a comment:

• FBomb
    replied

[quote user="RunTheBall"]He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform.[/quote]

I'm sure Matt is devestated by this. It's one thing to get chewed out by your head coach on national televisionand giving up the winning touchdown against a division rival......but to be singled out for unforgivness by someone of below avearge intelligence on a message board has got to really sting.

Leave a comment:

• nYg24
    replied

[quote user="RunTheBall"]He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform.[/quote]

psycho....

Leave a comment:

• GMENAGAIN
    replied

[quote user="Out of Exile"][quote user="RunTheBall"]He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform.[/quote] Anyone who puts 100% of the blame on the PUNTER is a complete MOREON. I didn't see 11 Matt Dodge's on offense and defense giving the game away.[/quote]

LOL that while you are calling someone a moron you spell the word moron wrong . . . . .

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied

[quote user="RunTheBall"]

[quote user="GameTime"]a normal person would have dislike for someone who actually did something on purpose. Do you think Dodge actually wants to suck a as a punter?? Stop being such a whiner. He has had his share of screw ups throughout the season. But to hate him for trying his best.....shows your lack of character.[/quote]Football should be a meritocracy. Don't believe it. Jason Campbell has better stats than Eli Manning in his career, but Eli makes $100 million and never gets criticized by the media. Eli gets excused for his INTs, yet everyone attacks Bradshaw for his fumbles. FYI: Eli has just as many fumbles as as Bradshaw. If Dodge gets to keep his job next season, it will be the smoking gun that the NFL is not colorblind.

This was an interesting read:

Williams Out, Allen In, as Giant Punter
    By BUSTER OLNEY
    August 29, 2002

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J., Aug. 28 The Giants may or may not succeed in improving their special teams play this season, but nobody can accuse them of not being original. After releasing punter Rodney Williams today and signing Matt Allen to fill the position, they now have a punter who has never appeared in a regular-season game, to go along with a place-kicker who has never made a field goal in the regular season.

Rodney Williams, 25, may have as much power as any punter in the league; last season he set a Giants record with a 90-yard punt in Denver, 16 yards longer than the previous record. Williams's punts were often majestic kicks that sent returners staggering backward. Teammates respected his toughness after Williams broke his right wrist tackling Dallas's Reggie Swinton on Nov. 4 and missed only one game before coming back.

But Fassel is intent on improving special teams play this season, and he was increasingly dissatisfied with Williams's inconsistency in distance and hang time. Under the direction of the new special teams coach, Bruce Read, the Giants are placing increased emphasis on well-placed punts with solid hang time. Williams acknowledged midway through camp that he was struggling with the adjustment, and Fassel made it clear several times that Williams's job was in jeopardy.

Williams's gross average last season was 42.9 yards, while his net was 35.4. His gross average for nine punts in the preseason was 41.8 yards, while his net was 24.1 yards, terrible numbers for which he was not wholly responsible; the coverage units are loaded with inexperienced players, and in one instance, Williams had to make a tackle to prevent a touchdown. After last Saturday's game against the Jets, Williams seemed frustrated and concerned, saying of Fassel, ''You never know exactly where you stand.''

[/quote]

Now we know you dont read the papers or listen to the local sports radio. He gets bashed all the time......and at times rightfully so.

Leave a comment:

• Out of Exile
    replied

Anyone who puts 100% of the blame on the PUNTER is a complete MOREON.

I didn't see 11 Matt Dodge's on offense and defense giving the game away.

Leave a comment:

• Ruttiger711
    replied

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Ruttiger711"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TuckYou"]I believe the game was 31-10 with 8 minutes left, no? Did Dodge blow that lead?

But then again, I guess all anyone remembers about the 2002 49ers game was Trey Junkins bad snap, not the way the Giants blew a 38-14 lead in the 2nd half.[/quote]

yea that was awful... but I mean honestly TO always owned us lol

the thing i remember was the no PI called on the fumbled snap, we shoulda had first down and another 15 yards
    [/quote]

Actually, that is a spot foul. Would of put the ball at the 3 yard line. An XP fg to win a playoff game.[/quote]

yea it was an awful call
    [/quote]

at least the NFL came out the next day and admitted the blown call right? THANKS!!! ugh[/quote]
    To be honest, as much as a BS call it would of been, Philly should of been flagged for too many players on the field when DJax scored that kick return, technically. Half the players on the sideline were on the field since Jackson decided to showboat before scoring again and run sideways. It would of been a cheap call, but the rules are the rules. Im glad they didnt call it though in a way. Giants deserved to lose that.[/quote]

True - Bellichek would have thrown the red flag - worked for him in the Superbowl.

Leave a comment:

• TuckYou
    replied

[quote user="Ruttiger711"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TuckYou"]I believe the game was 31-10 with 8 minutes left, no? Did Dodge blow that lead?

But then again, I guess all anyone remembers about the 2002 49ers game was Trey Junkins bad snap, not the way the Giants blew a 38-14 lead in the 2nd half.[/quote]

the thing i remember was the no PI called on the fumbled snap, we shoulda had first down and another 15 yards
    [/quote]

Actually, that is a spot foul. Would of put the ball at the 3 yard line. An XP fg to win a playoff game.[/quote]

yea it was an awful call
    [/quote]

at least the NFL came out the next day and admitted the blown call right? THANKS!!! ugh[/quote]
    To be honest, as much as a BS call it would of been, Philly should of been flagged for too many players on the field when DJax scored that kick return, technically. Half the players on the sideline were on the field since Jackson decided to showboat before scoring again and run sideways. It would of been a cheap call, but the rules are the rules. Im glad they didnt call it though in a way. Giants deserved to lose that.

Leave a comment:

• Ruttiger711
    replied

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TuckYou"]I believe the game was 31-10 with 8 minutes left, no? Did Dodge blow that lead?

[/quote]

yea it was an awful call
    [/quote]

at least the NFL came out the next day and admitted the blown call right? THANKS!!! ugh

Leave a comment:

• MattMeyerBud
    replied

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TuckYou"]I believe the game was 31-10 with 8 minutes left, no? Did Dodge blow that lead?

[/quote]

yea it was an awful call

Leave a comment:

• TuckYou
    replied

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="TuckYou"]I believe the game was 31-10 with 8 minutes left, no? Did Dodge blow that lead?

[/quote]

Actually, that is a spot foul. Would of put the ball at the 3 yard line. An XP fg to win a playoff game.

Leave a comment:

• MattMeyerBud
    replied

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]lmao @ Dodge costing the giants the game.

You blow a lead that big and it's on the team, not on any one individual.
    [/quote]

Dodge has been a game of russian roulette every punt.

He didn't cost us the game, but he was the bloody exclamation point on a shipload of failure.
    [/quote]

that i could agree with, but still i have many names on my list for the chopping block before Dodge

Leave a comment:

Working...
X