Confessional

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confessional

Let this thread be a lighthearted place where anyone can come to express regrets for the incorrect (some might say boneheaded [])things they have said about the Giants, their players and coaches. Let me start here:

I had been very, very hard on our special teams led by coach Quinn last year and in the off season. His and their performance this yearleave mefeeling a remorseful. My premise had been that most special teams are comprised of backup CB's and LB's and there isn't much differential there from team to team. Therefore, ST coaching was the differential and it was there that we were failing.

Fast forward, we get a new reliable directional punter, our kickoff returns look at least dangerous, our punt returns are for the most part uneventful (that is a good thing) our our coverage on punts and kick-offs bears no resemblance to the mess we had to watch last year and Tynes takes his performance up a half notch (with an assist from the NFL in moving the spot of the kickoff).

To our special teams led by coach Quinn, my sincerest apologies. Congratulations on a great turnaround performance! [B]

Anyone else moved to bare their soul here on Quinn or other coaches/players?

No one remembers who came in second.

Re: Confessional

Sigh ..................... here goes.

Victor Cruz, I apologise for calling you "hands of f*****g stone" after a drop against Washington first game.

Comment

Not a regret but I was a Osi basher of how he handled his contract deal and I also think he was milking his injury until the Giants were at least had great hopes of the playoffs. I still think that he milked it.

BUT....I cannot deny and never have denied his impact as a player when he is healthy. They guy is one of the biggest game changers in the league. 10 forced fumble last year and what he is doing since he came back in after the Jets game.....he is on fire and the Giants need him to make the run to the SB.

Other than that....I am not a KG, PF, TC basher so all good by me....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Oh my okay I give up. OSI

Wanted to dump trade or bench him.

Thought he was a virus and was infecting the team.

I was wrong he really was hurt.

I feel better thanks for the thread.

Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

[quote user="ibbill"]Oh my okay I give up. OSI

Wanted to dump trade or bench him.

Thought he was a virus and was infecting the team.

I was wrong he really was hurt.

I feel better thanks for the thread.[/quote]

Comment

[quote user="jomo"]

Let this thread be a lighthearted place where anyone can come to express regrets for the incorrect (some might say boneheaded [])*things they have said about the Giants, their players and coaches. Let me start here:

I had been very, very hard on our special teams led by coach Quinn last year and in the off season. His and their performance this year*leave me*feeling a remorseful. My premise had been that most special teams are comprised of backup CB's and LB's and there isn't much differential there from team to team. Therefore, ST coaching was the differential and it was there that we were failing.

Fast forward, we get a new reliable directional punter, our kickoff returns look at least dangerous, our punt returns are for the most part uneventful (that is a good thing) our our coverage on punts and kick-offs bears no resemblance to the mess we had to watch last year and Tynes takes his performance up a half notch (with an assist from the NFL in moving the spot of the kickoff).

To our special teams led by coach Quinn, my sincerest apologies. Congratulations on a great turnaround performance! [B]

Anyone else moved to bare their soul here on Quinn or other coaches/players?

[/quote]

I wonder how much effect Larry Izzo has had on our ST this year.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I apologize to Perry Fewell fro my rash judgement about his ability as a DC. Sincere apologies.

Comment

I hated Fewell, but now I'm starting to realize maybe it's our personnel, it's not a joke we still need secondary upgrades next season

Comment

[quote user="Kendo15"]

Sigh ..................... here goes.

Victor Cruz, I apologise for calling you "hands of f*****g stone" after a drop against Washington first game.

[/quote]It is therapeutic to get these things off your chest before the big game Sunday.

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I hated Fewell, but now I'm starting to realize maybe it's our personnel, it's not a joke we still need secondary upgrades next season[/quote]I confess here today, that although I never uttered the words, but I confess here today that my thoughts were filled with the same doubts about Fewell.

Comment

All right, I need another trip to the confessional.

Topic: Kevin Gilbride

OK, I never killed the guy but I had my doubts and couldn't care less if he stayed or went. Then I watch him in action through the playoffs including the Super Bowl and I realize.........this guy matched wits with Bill Belichickfour timesand won 3 of them including 2 SB's. I guess what I meant to say all along is that this guy can stay as long as we can keep him. lol There, I got it off my chest.

You are welcome to purge your guilty feelings here on any Giants topic whenever you are ready.

Comment

"NO SOUP FOR YOU"!! Well I have one......I still think he is a fool for only bringing 2 or 3 on certain plays, but we won it all so what the hell. PF, you did well with what you had to work with but do that crap again and "I KILL YOU"
                        "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

Man up!

Giants down by 12 points vs. Cowboys at Dallas less then 4-5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter facing possible playoff elimination.

I admit it!

Eli drives them for TD, Austin Miles doesn't get a critical 3rd down pass, Eli drives them again for another TD for lead, JPP blocked game-tying FG For The Win!

Comment

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Austin Miles doesn't get a critical 3rd down pass[/quote]
                            If Miles was a few millimeters ahead and catches that ball, our season ends right there. The TC, PF, Reese and players' bashing threads would have been by the piles.

Instead we are now talking about Eli being elite and some on here who think he's the best in the league, better than Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees. We got people saying future HOFer.....it's funny how there's such a thin line between love and hate.

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Austin Miles doesn't get a critical 3rd down pass[/quote]
                              If Miles was a few millimeters ahead and catches that ball, our season ends right there. The TC, PF, Reese and players' bashing threads would have been by the piles.

Instead we are now talking about Eli being elite and some on here who think he's the best in the league, better than Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees. We got people saying future HOFer.....it's funny how there's such a thin line between love and hate.
                              [/quote]

so true. I could include the Welker dropped pass in the Superbowl that would have put the Giants in very bad shape, but i don't want to create 13 page threads on What If's.

It's just part of the woven fabric of the Giants' destiny this season. Starting with Smith left, Burress declined, (which people somehow still blamed Reese for being cheap, which was false anyway), Hixon injured, Welcome Victor Cruz!.

Had Cruz ended up with another football team like the Eagles and put up his season numbers, Reese would be getting bashed.

Comment

Working...
                              X