WEATHER: Rain...CONDITIONS: Muddy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEATHER: Rain...CONDITIONS: Muddy

Well, I heard that its expected to rain Thursday through Sunday in SF. I don't like our chances nearly as much with that info. They've got a healthy Gore, but we've been doing a much better job against the run. But I'm concerned about our running game. I know that we've been running it better, the SF D is obviously very good. I hope that BJ and AB, plus Bass and the rest of the o-line are up to the task.

AND PROTECT THE FOOTBALL!!

Re: WEATHER: Rain...CONDITIONS: Muddy

[quote user="JJC7301"]

Well, I heard that its expected to rain Thursday through Sunday in SF. I don't like our chances nearly as much with that info. They've got a healthy Gore, but we've been doing a much better job against the run. But I'm concerned about our running game. I know that we've been running it better, the SF D is obviously very good. I hope that BJ and AB, plus Bass and the rest of the o-line are up to the task.

[/quote]

yes in those conditions you are looking more like a score like our 90 game with them. low scoring 15-13 type deal with lots of FGs. You need to have a STRONG RGame in those type conditions and have your Oline moving people out to make room for the runners. We have not done all that well in that dept other then the Falcons game and Late in GB game. I hope eli can still find his footing but if its that muddy we may find alot of dropped balls or INTs with WRs slipping and falling on both sides which will allow guys playing Centerfield to pick up easy INTs.

Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

If the conditions slow the Giants passing attack what will it do to the 49ers? Eli can throw the ball in the rain and the defenders will be slows just as much as the WR's. The RB's on both sides will have problems moving the ball on a messy field.

Comment

A muddy field will not make it easy to run either.

Comment

Normally, I'll take the more physical team in those conditions and SF is damn physical. I'm downgrading my winning prediction from something like 23-20 to 17-13...Giants win. After everything we went through, gotta believe.

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="JJC7301"]

[/quote]

yes in those conditions you are looking more like a score like our 90 game with them. low scoring 15-13 type deal with lots of FGs. You need to have a STRONG RGame in those type conditions and have your Oline moving people out to make room for the runners. We have not done all that well in that dept other then the Falcons game and Late in GB game. I hope eli can still find his footing but if its that muddy we may find alot of dropped balls or INTs with WRs slipping and falling on both sides which will allow guys playing Centerfield to pick up easy INTs.

[/quote]

This! Oline is my biggest worry for this game especially with the forecast. The holes for the RBs were sorely lacking in the first half at GB. While Eli doesn't complain, he also took some pretty good shots to the sternum. Running the ball more effectively against this tough defense will be key.

Comment

...Okay

Its not like they've never played in rotten weather in Jersey.

I kinda expect them to be out on the practice field today, because anyone who lives in the northeast knows that as of right now, the weather is full of suck.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]If the conditions slow the Giants passing attack what will it do to the 49ers? Eli can throw the ball in the rain and the defenders will be slows just as much as the WR's. The RB's on both sides will have problems moving the ball on a messy field.[/quote] Jacobs becomes harder to tackle as players slide of him and harder for them to plant and tackle on slick field

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="buddy33"]If the conditions slow the Giants passing attack what will it do to the 49ers? Eli can throw the ball in the rain and the defenders will be slows just as much as the WR's. The RB's on both sides will have problems moving the ball on a messy field.[/quote] Jacobs becomes harder to tackle as players slide of him and harder for them to plant and tackle on slick field
                  [/quote]

Good point. I'd add Bradshaw into that as well because he runs just as hard.

They both have to play in it. They will both be slowed down by a wet field.

Comment

it's all about the wind ... if it's not too windy, we can and will have to pass in those conditions ... we won't be able to out physical them ... (wow, what a difference from the 80s-90s)

the WRs know where they are going, so it can actually be an advantage

but we all know, just as the last game was, this game will be decided by turnovers and the conditions will make it even harder to manage turnovers

Comment

I see the difference in the game at the QB position. Eli plays well in adverse conditions, he throws for more than 300 yards and we win by 7.

Comment

Wasn't the Dallas game rainy and wet? Eli murdered that game.

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"]...Okay

Its not like they've never played in rotten weather in Jersey.

I kinda expect them to be out on the practice field today, because anyone who lives in the northeast knows that as of right now, the weather is full of suck.

[/quote]
                          No comparison, the Candlestick Park grass becomes a nightmare when it rains.

Comment

I'm sorry..are we team that plays in a dome? Are we playing one of the best offenses in the NFL?

I'm just confused as to why the 49ers are going to be perfectly fine and we are going to suffer..if someone would please help me understand I would really appreciate it.

Comment

The condition of the Candlestick field is horrible. This would have to play into the 9ers game, as they are more used to playing on their surface.

This is where our equipment man, skiba , one of the best in the business comes in. Adapt your equipment to the field conditions and go from there. Let's install some longer spikes in our cleats and dig in god dammit! We have a conference championship to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X