Great Question: If we do win the superbowl - do u think coughlin retires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Question: If we do win the superbowl - do u think coughlin retires

somebody just posed it to me in the thread i started and I have honestly no clue or opinion. I am stumped...

what does everybody else think

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Re: Great Question: If we do win the superbowl - do u think coughlin retires

I could definitely see him wanting to go out on top...leaving a positive legacy in NY instead of leaving on a sour note.

With all the controversy about him "losing the team" all year, and his age considered... I think it would be quite fitting for Tom to hang his hat up if we won.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

i doubt that he would,but i would gladly accept his resignation and wish him well.
      due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
      my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

I think it would be a strong possibility. What better way to end your coaching career by holding the Lombardi trophy.

Comment

[quote user="stormblue"]i doubt that he would,but i would gladly accept his resignation and wish him well.[/quote]

really?

U'd want him gone if we won the superbowl this yeaR?

Comment

nope

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="stormblue"]i doubt that he would,but i would gladly accept his resignation and wish him well.[/quote]

really?

U'd want him gone if we won the superbowl this yeaR?
              [/quote]if we won every year some tards would still want him gone

Comment

I don't think TC even considers retirement for another 5-8 years. The man is a football coach, this is what he does.

Also, this is no ordinary 65 year old man. The guy is Sharp as a tack and has more energy than probably half the players. I think Coughlin gets dragged out of the league kicking and screaming. But that won't be for several years.

Comment

[quote user="Giantz4Life"]I could definitely see him wanting to go out on top...leaving a positive legacy in NY instead of leaving on a sour note.

With all the controversy about him "losing the team" all year, and his age considered... I think it would be quite fitting for Tom to hang his hat up if we won.
                  [/quote]

I hear where you're coming from, but for what it's worth, there wasn't a controversy about him losing the team. There were assumptions made by un-informed fans and 24 hour sports "analysts," but it never actually happened.
                  I bELIeve in February 4, 2018.

Comment

He'll be gone IMO, and I'm okay with that, bring in fresh blood. He'd be well respected with 2 SBs here, what a heck of a ride of a season.

I like him, but if he comes back next year, and doesn't do so well, his picture might be tainted. I'm okay with him leaving

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]somebody just posed it to me in the thread i started and I have honestly no clue or opinion. I am stumped...

what does everybody else think

[/quote]

I think that was my posting it today -- I was wondering about that last night. I think TC will coach through one more contract, but he may want to go out with a victory. If so, Fewell would probably be the HC and I'm wondering if Spags would be willing to come back as DC and if Fewell the HC would even want to accept that situation (the comparisons, people calling for Spags to be HC). As far as I know, Spags hasn't signed with anyone yet.

And no, I was a Fewell hater who ate his crow and now accepts him as our DC so I'm not looking for Spags to take his job anymore. But wondering if those scenarios could come to fruition. Maybe TC has already told the FO that he'd retire (I don't want him to) if they win this SB and maybe the FO spoke with Perry and Spags and that's why Spags is holding off on a decision.

Comment

i am so on the fence about it.

Coughlin to me does seem like he is one of those guys that loves the grind of all of this. That he may be the kind of guy that would be dragged out kicking and screaming

But then also its like, at this age of his life if he took a ring, what more would he have prove? Would he still have the desire to keep going?

The Rolle comment made a few weeks ago too. It may of been nothing, but it was just weird for Rolle to say "we want Coughlin to go out the way he wants to"

I don't know, i am so baffled by what would happen. I would be surprised either way.

Regardless at this point I would welcome Coughliun back just fo rwhat hes accomplished this year. My personal goals for him to come back and it be justified has been hit: two playoff wins

Comment

I read something yesterday that eluded to maybe he would go out on top....but Idk...at this point I'm off him he has these boys playing hard which is getting wins ...somebody said something yesterday had me thinking it takes players awhile to warm up to him/buy in...I'm not talking a few days here I'm talking a couple years most cases....given all the new faces since the lastSB win ...could it be true ? Idk regardless there is no denying they are playing hard for him all game ...to be honest not sure how I would feel if he did...thats a big change in my additude ..lol

Comment

[quote user="Providence"][quote user="Giantz4Life"]I could definitely see him wanting to go out on top...leaving a positive legacy in NY instead of leaving on a sour note.

[/quote] I hear where you're coming from, but for what it's worth, there wasn't a controversy about him losing the team. There were assumptions made by un-informed fans and 24 hour sports "analysts," but it never actually happened.[/quote]

It's not a question of wanting TC back (because I and most of us do), but what if he decides to go out with a victory? I think he's got one more contract in him, but I still think it's a possibility. And once again, I don't want TC to go. I'd want him to defend the championship (I was upset in '08 when Strahan didn't).

Comment

No way he retires.

He has too much passion, the way he reacted to last season tells me he's in it for more than another championship.

He'll keep coaching another 5 years.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X