New Breed of Tight End

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Breed of Tight End

Was reading an article on the NY Times ( subscription ) that the only to truly stop these guys is to press them at the line and disrupt the timing. They are not the quarter horse type of receiver and take a little longer to get up to speed.
    It might seem obvious but John Lynch ( not a bad safety [6]and Bobby Beatherd both feel they are given way too much of a free release. You cannot let these guys get into the holes in a zone untouched in any way. Vernon Davis might not be the Gronk or J Graham but we'll see how we defend him this weekend......................................

Re: New Breed of Tight End

[quote user="RedskinHater"]Was reading an article on the NY Times ( subscription ) that the only to truly stop these guys is to press them at the line and disrupt the timing. They are not the quarter horse type of receiver and take a little longer to get up to speed.
    *It might seem obvious but John Lynch ( not a bad safety [6]and Bobby Beatherd both feel they are given way too much of a free release. You cannot let these guys get into the holes in a zone untouched in any way. Vernon Davis might not be the Gronk or J Graham but we'll see how we defend him this weekend......................................
    [/quote]
    You're right, he is better than Jimmy Graham.

Comment

can you imagine Vernon Davis with brees or brady. that would be something to watch

Comment

Davis is a beast but so is Ballard he may not be as fast as those guys but he's tough to get on the ground...

Comment

[quote user="RedskinHater"]Was reading an article on the NY Times ( subscription ) that the only to truly stop these guys is to press them at the line and disrupt the timing. They are not the quarter horse type of receiver and take a little longer to get up to speed.
          *It might seem obvious but John Lynch ( not a bad safety [6]and Bobby Beatherd both feel they are given way too much of a free release. You cannot let these guys get into the holes in a zone untouched in any way. Vernon Davis might not be the Gronk or J Graham but we'll see how we defend him this weekend......................................
          [/quote]The way you defend against TE like these is to bring pressure so they keep them back for extra protection.

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]can you imagine Vernon Davis with brees or brady. that would be something to watch
            [/quote]
            I've always thought he was the best tight end in the game.

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]can you imagine Vernon Davis with brees or brady. that would be something to watch
              [/quote]
              I've always thought he was the best tight end in the game.[/quote]

I don't know. Gronk seems to be a Frankenstein character : size, speed and an unearthly athletic ability. ( Got to hand it to Belacheat drafting him and Hernandez and redoing the position...or at least what can be done there )

Comment

[quote user="RedskinHater"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]can you imagine Vernon Davis with brees or brady. that would be something to watch
                [/quote]

I don't know. Gronk seems to be a Frankenstein character : size, speed and an unearthly athletic ability. ( Got to hand it to Belacheat drafting him and Hernandez and redoing the position...or at least what can be done there )
                [/quote]
                If we drafted a beast tight end to go with Ballard. My goodness.

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]can you imagine Vernon Davis with brees or brady. that would be something to watch
                  [/quote]

I would say the most athletic. He can be a little frustrating at times. Looks unstoppable like he did against the Saints, and then sometimes makes bonehead plays or has hand troubles.

A beast though, that's for sure.

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="RedskinHater"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]can you imagine Vernon Davis with brees or brady. that would be something to watch
                    [/quote]

[/quote]
                    If we drafted a beast tight end to go with Ballard. My goodness.[/quote]One name: Dwayne Allen

Comment

[quote user="GMenNY21"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="RedskinHater"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]can you imagine Vernon Davis with brees or brady. that would be something to watch
                      [/quote]

[/quote]
                      If we drafted a beast tight end to go with Ballard. My goodness.[/quote]One name: Dwayne Allen[/quote]

Uh- that's two [] Ever realize how many criminals have two first names [6]

Comment

[quote user="RedskinHater"][quote user="GMenNY21"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="RedskinHater"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]can you imagine Vernon Davis with brees or brady. that would be something to watch
                        [/quote]

[/quote]
                        If we drafted a beast tight end to go with Ballard. My goodness.[/quote]One name: Dwayne Allen[/quote]

[/quote]

Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop
                        That is a real criminal name

[link]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45926359/ns/us_news-weird_news/t/beezow-doo-doo-zopittybop-bop-bop-arrested/[/link]

Comment

[quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="RedskinHater"][quote user="GMenNY21"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="RedskinHater"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]can you imagine Vernon Davis with brees or brady. that would be something to watch
                          [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop
                          That is a real criminal name

[link]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45926359/ns/us_news-weird_news/t/beezow-doo-doo-zopittybop-bop-bop-arrested/[/link][/quote]
                          Knew his brother : Zippity Doo Dah

Comment

These new tight ends are ridiculous simply because they are essentially basketball players who bulked up and converted into football players.

Antonio Gates was the first one that comes to mind.

Jimmy Graham is scary good, but he comes off WAY too ****y. He's probably such a **** head off the field just walking around like he owns the world.

Gronk is just a beast. Plain and simple. I actually thought Hernandez was going to be the more effective receiver of the two prior to this year because he is basically a WR in a TE's body and another converted basketball player.

These guys have completely redefined the position.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

[/quote]

Spot on. Once they get running you're not stopping them. JPP would bang Finley everytime on the line and that would mess him up.

Comment

Working...
                              X