a GIANT must for winning sunday!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a GIANT must for winning sunday!

There's nothing fancy I want to say about what our game plan needs to be offensively. If we want to have our best shot at winning on sunday, I have two words... PLAY-ACTION

PLAY-ACTION freezes the 2nd level, even if only for a split second. It will make all the difference and slow down the attack of their LB's. Patrick Willis and Bowman are too good & too fast. If we can neutralize them with the PLAY-ACTION, we can really start to pick them apart.

Re: a GIANT must for winning sunday!

Yea...and the only way to do play-action well is to run the ball...can we do that against the stiffest run D in the NFL? We shall see...

Against GB we didn't really run the ball well for the most part, we were in a ton of 3rd and longs but Eli converted most of them anyway. I hope against SF we can run the ball a bit more, which would seem even harder to do than against GB....but let's see what happens.

Comment

Then we need to run the ball efficiently, play-action does not work without a running game IMO.

They'll expect the shotgun draw many times, so PA that ****

Comment

No one has tried that against the Niners yet.

It's just crazy enough to work!!

Comment

there have been some surprising runs by jacobs getting to the edge and turning the corner. BUT, i truly feel we need to utilize the guy for what he is. line him up 7 yards deep and plow str8 ahead. not tip toe on an off tackle run or pitch. i wouldnt even care all that much about his yardage. id want to make sure the defense is dealing with punishing runs. it wears the D down and will enable bradshaw to take over in 2nd half.

p.s. - (not to turn this into a jacob's thread but...) someone needs to have bradshaw show jacobs what a stiff-arm is. bradshaw basically smashes a tackler with a club punch to the face. jacobs in the GB game tried some soft panzy push away technique.

Comment

[quote user="Osi_baby"]there have been some surprising runs by jacobs getting to the edge and turning the corner.* BUT, i truly feel we need to utilize the guy for what he is.* line him up 7 yards deep and plow str8 ahead.* not tip toe on an off tackle run or pitch.*

p.s. - (not to turn this into a jacob's thread but...) someone needs to have bradshaw show jacobs what a stiff-arm is.* bradshaw basically smashes a tackler with a club punch to the face.* jacobs in the GB game tried some soft panzy push away technique.
            [/quote]

It's amazing how amazing Bradshaw's stiff arm is for such a small guy. Jacobs would be a beast if he learned to do that.

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"]Yea...and the only way to do play-action well is to run the ball...can we do that against the stiffest run D in the NFL? We shall see...

Against GB we didn't really run the ball well for the most part, we were in a ton of 3rd and longs but Eli converted most of them anyway. I hope against SF we can run the ball a bit more, which would seem even harder to do than against GB....but let's see what happens.
              [/quote]

we struggled running the ball against GB for the most part, and that front seven isn't anything like the front 7 we're going to face.

that's why this game is quite a bit different than the GB game.

Good news is that the Falcons were a good run defense too, and we were able to move the ball on them.

But that's why the weather concerns me so much. if this HAS to be a run the ball first type game, i think we're in trouble.

We were able to sling it around on 3rd and long against GB, and our 3rd down conversions changed that game.

if we can't do that against the 9ers, ouch.

sigpic

Comment

they need to run the ball this week,to open up the PLAY-ACTION or pass game!!! just win Giants

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"]Yea...and the only way to do play-action well is to run the ball...can we do that against the stiffest run D in the NFL? We shall see...

[/quote]

Giants had 89 yards against them last time. Not a lot but better than what they had.

Comment

hopefully the rain doesnt stop our d and we can go up and down the field at will...we gotta start the game fast as ****

Comment

gilbride isnt calling enuf straight ahead runs for jacobs. i want him to punish defenders for trying to tackle him. not avoid them

Comment

Working...
                      X