San Fran #1 Rush D...#16 in Pass Defense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Fran #1 Rush D...#16 in Pass Defense

Hey, maybe we open up the running game with passes. In the one playoff game they rank 11th out of the 12 teams in regards to pass defense during the playoffs.

Still #1 rush defense though, yeah we aren't running the ball on them lol

Re: San Fran #1 Rush D...#16 in Pass Defense

[quote user="Pakman"]Hey, maybe we open up the running game with passes. In the one playoff game they rank 11th out of the 12 teams in regards to pass defense during the playoffs.

Still #1 rush defense though, yeah we aren't running the ball on them lol[/quote]

We looked insanely inpressive Defensively against the Saints. I thought our secondary look the best I've ever seen it.

Granted Brees threw for 400 yds on us...
    He did throw the ball 70 times..
    Not to mention 90% of the passes were short screens while we were in a Zone defense.

Comment

Atlanta was 6th in the NFL and we rushed for over 170 yards on the ground.

The 49ers will be a tough team to run on, but I think if we stay commited to the run it will open up.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Giants have more weapons than the Saints, but I don't think Eli will throw for 400 yards.

Our defense should play well against your offense though.

Comment

[quote user="Pakman"]Giants have more weapons than the Saints, but I don't think Eli will throw for 400 yards.

Our defense should play well against your offense though.[/quote]
          I don't think you guys have more offensive weapons then the Saints do. Just being totally honest.

I do think you'll have success vs our Defense.
          However, how much success will determine the outcome.

Smith has been hot as of late.. Don't underestimate him

I did against the Saints and he shut me up twice... in 4 minutes lol.

Comment

[quote user="Pakman"]Giants have more weapons than the Saints, but I don't think Eli will throw for 400 yards.

I definitely don't think the Giants have more weapons than the Saints, but I would say the Giants have higher quality weapons.

Comment

[quote user="simms56"][quote user="Pakman"]Giants have more weapons than the Saints, but I don't think Eli will throw for 400 yards.

I definitely don't think the Giants have more weapons than the Saints, but I would say the Giants have higher quality weapons.
              [/quote]
              I'm not so sure I'd take it that far either...

Giants WR > Saints WR
              Saints TE > Giants TE
              Saints RB > Giants RB
              Giants FB > Saints FB

Pretty even IMHO...
              The WR spot just gives the Giants a slight edge due to numbers.

Comment

Overall our WR's are better than the Saints

Their one TE is better than all three of ours

Our RB's are better as a whole vs theirs...but Sproles is better than AB as far as a multi threat back

Comment

[quote user="JayDAche"][quote user="simms56"][quote user="Pakman"]Giants have more weapons than the Saints, but I don't think Eli will throw for 400 yards.

[/quote]

Giants WR > Saints WR
                  Saints TE > Giants TE
                  Saints RB > Giants RB
                  Giants FB > Saints FB

Pretty even IMHO...
                  The WR spot just gives the Giants a slight edge due to numbers.[/quote]

If you break it down

Colston, Graham and Sproles are their biggest threats.

On the Giants Cruz, Nicks, Mannigham, AB, and BJ are our biggest threats.

Ballard is not on Graham's level by any means, but he can make plays,

In the end it is pick your poison double Nicks..Cruz/Mannigham have to be singled up. Put in 8 in the box..one of our WR's will be singled up.

My only concern is if you guys play a zone and your front four destroys our Oline.

Like I said I don't think it will be 35-32 game.

Comment

yes pass on first down would be great 1st and 2nd Q after halftime,run it down there throats

Comment

[quote user="Pakman"]Overall our WR's are better than the Saints

Their one TE is better than all three of ours

Our RB's are better as a whole vs theirs...but Sproles is better than AB as far as a multi threat back[/quote]

Exactly as I saw it.

Comment

[quote user="Pakman"][quote user="JayDAche"][quote user="simms56"][quote user="Pakman"]Giants have more weapons than the Saints, but I don't think Eli will throw for 400 yards.

[/quote]

Giants WR > Saints WR
                        Saints TE > Giants TE
                        Saints RB > Giants RB
                        Giants FB > Saints FB

Pretty even IMHO...
                        The WR spot just gives the Giants a slight edge due to numbers.[/quote]

If you break it down

Colston, Graham and Sproles are their biggest threats.

On the Giants Cruz, Nicks, Mannigham, AB, and BJ are our biggest threats.

Ballard is not on Graham's level by any means, but he can make plays,

In the end it is pick your poison double Nicks..Cruz/Mannigham have to be singled up. Put in 8 in the box..one of our WR's will be singled up.

My only concern is if you guys play a zone and your front four destroys our Oline.

Like I said I don't think it will be 35-32 game.[/quote]

Sadly I feel the same when it comes to our O Line...

I haven't seen a team NOT just run past our O Line.

I'm not sure what the game plan will be, but I can say that I think we will do much better this time around vs your pass game then we did before.

It's all about the short pass, we don't get beat deep very often. The Saints ripped us apart with the screen game.

Comment

All we can ask for is an exciting game that does not have any "conspiracy theory" behind the winner lol

Comment

[quote user="Pakman"]All we can ask for is an exciting game that does not have any "conspiracy theory" behind the winner lol[/quote]

Agreed.
                            Nothing will beat the Packer/Saint excuses from this past week though.

Comment

saints qb>giants qb.

Comment

Working...
                              X