Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concerns about moving the ball against the 49ers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerns about moving the ball against the 49ers.

The 49er defense is going to cause problems for this offense. I think some of us dont realize how big that win over the Saints was.

Obviously I believe in Eli. And we are fine in that regard, but weather we like it or not, we are not good at running the ball. Lets just stop pretending.

We should have ran consistently all over the pack. And its not happening against the 49ers.

Absolutely can not be one dimensional.

I just hope we win the field position and the turnover battle.

SF's offense doesn't exactly scare me, but sometimes all you need is one big play.

Re: Worried about moving the ball against the 49ers.

Why can't it be mostly 1 dimensional? I think if we run, pound the ball, they should be able to do WR screens and ****, get their secondary committing and then throwing the deep

Comment

the niners let up 32 points despite causing 5 turnovers. While there is little doubt the saints offense is better than the giants offense, eli and his wr's have been playing lights out lately

Comment

[quote user="meanseen"]the niners let up 32 points despite causing 5 turnovers. While there is little doubt the saints offense is better than the giants offense, eli and his wr's have been playing lights out lately[/quote]

I think their running game is a lot scarier than ours IMO.

Comment

[quote user="meanseen"]the niners let up 32 points despite causing 5 turnovers. While there is little doubt the saints offense is better than the giants offense, eli and his wr's have been playing lights out lately[/quote]

That's a great point, they gave up 3 HUGE plays in the game as well.

Idc man I just want Sunday to be here now!

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Why can't it be mostly 1 dimensional? I think if we run, pound the ball, they should be able to do WR screens and ****, get their secondary committing and then throwing the deep[/quote]Tell that to the Saints. Played right into their hands with passing it 60+ times. Drew Brees was running for his life with all that pressure.

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="meanseen"]the niners let up 32 points despite causing 5 turnovers. While there is little doubt the saints offense is better than the giants offense, eli and his wr's have been playing lights out lately[/quote]

I think their running game is a lot scarier than ours IMO.[/quote]i agree however, after seeing the giants tear apart the hands down superbowl favorites and basically holding them to a fields goal and two cheapy touchdowns, i cant see us losing

Comment

Both teams are equally matched. It's gonna come down to who wants it more. Who will outlast who. Trust me when I say the Niners never give up. It's gonna be a great game for sure. Personally, I like how the Giants are built so I was happy for you gusy when you beat the Pack. Sick of this pass pass pass Madden NFL.

Comment

Keep in mind folks. This post is not about our offense as a whole. But our run game has been downright frustrating to watch. O-line is a joke at times.

So my point is: I don't see us running against the #1 defense in the NFL.

I guess we'll have to find some other way to win.

Comment

[quote user="meanseen"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="meanseen"]the niners let up 32 points despite causing 5 turnovers. While there is little doubt the saints offense is better than the giants offense, eli and his wr's have been playing lights out lately[/quote]

I think their running game is a lot scarier than ours IMO.[/quote]i agree however, after seeing the giants tear apart the hands down superbowl favorites and basically holding them to a fields goal and two cheapy touchdowns, i cant see us losing[/quote]

Not taking anything away from your win, but in all fairness GB has not been playing very good towards the end of the season..They lost to a below average Chiefs team and beside a royal beat down on the Lions that Rogers didn't play in, he has been on ice since Christmas..I seen alot of dropped passes that were self inflicted and a pure luck hail mary pass..I wasn't impressed..As for the other teams you beat in the last month, Jets, Dallas, and a Falcons team that is horrible on the road and IMO was the weakest team in the NFC playoffs....But hey, you dethroned the champs..Good job.

Comment

[quote user="Fastphilly"][quote user="meanseen"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="meanseen"]the niners let up 32 points despite causing 5 turnovers. While there is little doubt the saints offense is better than the giants offense, eli and his wr's have been playing lights out lately[/quote]

I think their running game is a lot scarier than ours IMO.[/quote]i agree however, after seeing the giants tear apart the hands down superbowl favorites and basically holding them to a fields goal and two cheapy touchdowns, i cant see us losing[/quote]

Not taking anything away from your win, but in all fairness GB has not been playing very good towards the end of the season..They lost to a below average Chiefs team and beside a royal beat down on the Lions that Rogers didn't play in, he has been on ice since Christmas..I seen alot of dropped passes that were self inflicted and a pure luck hail mary pass..I wasn't impressed..As for the other teams you beat in the last month, Jets, Dallas, and a Falcons team that is horrible on the road and IMO was the weakest team in the NFC playoffs....But hey, you dethroned the champs..Good job.[/quote]

How is that not taking anything away from the win?

Comment

Giants are going to win the super bowl I think. Their defense will shut down the 49ers offense.

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"]Giants are going to win the super bowl I think. Their defense will shut down the 49ers offense.[/quote]I agree. But I still think we wont run for crap.

Eli will find a way though.

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"]Giants are going to win the super bowl I think. Their defense will shut down the 49ers offense.[/quote]

Quite a few defences have slowed the 49ers offence, even though they have been scoring more as of late. Good thing is for the Niners, their defence slows other offences too. The 49ers are not flashy. They have good special teams that bury teams inside the 20 so it's a long field for the opponent. Inside the red zone it is VERY tough for opponents to score TDs, and they get pressure with their front four as well. There is no way you are running on SF..Forget it It is supposed to rain through Sunday which will hamper the passing game...I like the 49ers in this game, though not by much

Comment

[quote user="Fastphilly"][quote user="Lambeau12"]Giants are going to win the super bowl I think. Their defense will shut down the 49ers offense.[/quote] Quite a few defences have slowed the 49ers offence, even though they have been scoring more as of late. Good thing is for the Niners, their defence slows other offences too. The 49ers are not flashy. They have good special teams that bury teams inside the 20 so it's a long field for the opponent. Inside the red zone it is VERY tough for opponents to score TDs, and they get pressure with their front four as well. There is no way you are running on SF..Forget it It is supposed to rain through Sunday which will hamper the passing game...I like the 49ers in this game, though not by much[/quote]

I think bad weather favors the offense (see: Tom Brady).....the receivers know where they need to run, whereas defenders can lose that split second reacting on a sloppy surface.

Comment

Working...
                              X