Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parcells Compares This Team to 1990 Giants

[quote user="burier"]

Its pretty common knowlege that pointing to other people's behavior to justify your own behavior is a sign of weakness.

Also Andy Reid, **** Vermeil, Jim Fassel among other have said they never used any tactic like the ones used by Bill Belichick. So that "But everybody's doing it" excuse doesn't fly.

I personally wont forgive the Pats until their rings are revoked or at the very least an asterisk is placed on the 3 Superbowls.[/quote]

First, I should have stated 'similar tactics' not 'those tactics', which would counter your argument that 3 coaches have said they didn't specifically participate in taping other teams.

Not sure why you'd state anything about "pointing to other people's behavior to justify your own", as I never used that as a reason why Belichick did what he did.

If it wasn't common knowledge that teams in most sports (certainly all that I follow) tried to get an advantage when possible, terms similar to 'It aint cheating if you don't get caught' wouldn't be part of regular conversation.

With that said, I can certainly appreciate anyone who is 100% opposed to these kind of tactics, and if you do take the moral high ground in your life, good on you.

You certainly have a right to never forgive the Pats, however, needing an asterisk placed next to their wins is as obtuse as refusing to acknowledge the Tampa Bay Bucs Super Bowl win because the Giants didn't receive the pass interference call against the 49ers in the Wild Card round.

Comment

Re: Parcells Compares This Team to 1990 Giants

[quote user="UFGiantFan"][quote user="burier"]

Its pretty common knowlege that pointing to other people's behavior to justify your own behavior is a sign of weakness.

Also Andy Reid, **** Vermeil, Jim Fassel among other have said they never used any tactic like the ones used by Bill Belichick. So that "But everybody's doing it" excuse doesn't fly.

I personally wont forgive the Pats until their rings are revoked or at the very least an asterisk is placed on the 3 Superbowls.[/quote]

First, I should have stated 'similar tactics' not 'those tactics', which would counter your argument that 3 coaches have said they didn't specifically participate in taping other teams.

Not sure why you'd state anything about "pointing to other people's behavior to justify your own", as I never used that as a reason why Belichick did what he did.

If it wasn't common knowledge that teams in most sports (certainly all that I follow) tried to get an advantage when possible, terms similar to 'It aint cheating if you don't get caught' wouldn't be part of regular conversation.

With that said, I can certainly appreciate anyone who is 100% opposed to these kind of tactics, and if you do take the moral high ground in your life, good on you.

You certainly have a right to never forgive the Pats, however, needing an asterisk placed next to their wins is as obtuse as refusing to acknowledge the Tampa Bay Bucs Super Bowl win because the Giants didn't receive the pass interference call against the 49ers in the Wild Card round.[/quote]

It wasn't three coaches. It was more but I named the ones I could specifically remember commenting on the subject.

Also either intentionally or incidentally you do imply that the fact that other coaches may have done something wrong somehow excuses Belichick which I categorically disagree with.

On your final point. I appreciate your effort but Spygate and...lets call it "Illegal man downfieldgate" can't be compared because in the latter case the offenders were the officials. There is no reasonable logic to justify punishing a football team for an official's mistake.

I honestly wouldn't care about Spygate if not for the fact that Prince Brady and Belichick get fawned over when they're known cheaters and everyone acts like it didn't happen.

Not to mention the running the score up on inferior opponents.

Failure to show sportmanship by the both the coach and the Quarterback

(Did Belichick even shake Coughlins hand after the Superbowl? I know Brady didn't shake Eli's hand before the SB)

Then you add teams player like Rodney Harrison who not only was caught juicing (More patriots cheating) But played beyond the whistle on litterally every play he was on the field.

And the kicker. The thing that really grinds my gears is Belichick has taken it upon himself to slap a black eye on the 2 Giants Superbowls that were won while he was a Giants employee which I will never ever forgive him for.

Plus I hate that he is looked upon as some sort of Genius when he never did a damn thing without LT or cheating to aid him.
      My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Working...
      X