Bad weather will favor the Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad weather will favor the Giants

I keep hearing all this talk about the rain making this a running game.

Bull****.

If the weather is bad, it plays to Eli's strengths.....he's got a Tom Brady quality to him in that he handles bad weather well.

If you look at Brady and the Patriots, when the weather sucks, they air it out.....defenders lose a step of reaction time, whereas receivers know where the play is going.

For an example, last season the Patriots just killed the Bears, at Chicago, in a snow storm.

Bottom line is the Giants have more offensive weapons than the 49ers, and the edge goes to the offense, and to the QB that has the confidence to make the throws.

Re: Bad weather will favor the Giants

Parcells says that bad weather favors the better team and that team is the New York Football GIANTS!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

[quote user="jomo"]Parcells says that bad weather favors the better team and that team is the New York Football GIANTS!![/quote]

Bad weather ups the pressure on the QB.

I like that matchup.

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="jomo"]Parcells says that bad weather favors the better team and that team is the New York Football GIANTS!![/quote] Bad weather ups the pressure on the QB. I like that matchup.[/quote]It does and I like that, don't you? []

Everyone says it will slow down our receivers as if it won't slow down the defensive backs lol.

Comment

[quote user="jomo"]

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="jomo"]Parcells says that bad weather favors the better team and that team is the New York Football GIANTS!![/quote] Bad weather ups the pressure on the QB. I like that matchup.[/quote]It does and I like that, don't you? []

Everyone says it will slow down our receivers as if it won't slow down the defensive backs lol.

[/quote]

You have it right, the offense has a big advantage on a slick, snowy or icy field, the recievers know where they are going and the Dbacks are going to slip up more time than the recievers, let it rain, Eli will have a field day.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

[quote user="jomo"]

[/quote]

Agreed.....the last thing I'd want to do is have to cover Victor Cruz on a muddy field.

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="jomo"]

[/quote]

Agreed.....the last thing I'd want to do is have to cover Victor Cruz on a muddy field.[/quote]We saw Victor Cruz last night at a signing. He said that he injured his calf when he was under that pile in GB recovering the fumble. I'm sure he'll be fine, just saying.

Comment

[/quote] Agreed.....the last thing I'd want to do is have to cover Victor Cruz on a muddy field.[/quote]One slip = TD. That is alot of pressure on the defense. I think their response has to be to soften up the coverage and contain our receivers. Playing us in press coverage all over the place will work nicely in our favor! Go Blue!![B]

Comment

[/quote]

Agreed.....the last thing I'd want to do is have to cover Victor Cruz on a muddy field.[/quote]

I have been thinking the same thing. I think the weather will favor the game outcome with the differrential in the QB play which clearly favors the G-Men. Eli plays well in bad weather. Not sure how our receivers will do however. If the field is really bad, I think I would adjust accordingly and not play much man to man defense or just use a more hybrid defense of some zone and man to man. I hope Fewell comes to play. G-Men win +7 my prediction

Comment

[quote user="galaxy10"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="jomo"]

[/quote]

Agreed.....the last thing I'd want to do is have to cover Victor Cruz on a muddy field.[/quote]

I have been thinking the same thing.* I think the weather will favor the game outcome with the differrential in the QB play which clearly favors the G-Men. Eli plays well in bad weather.* Not sure how our receivers will do however. If the field is really bad, I think I would adjust accordingly and not play much man to man defense or just use a more hybrid defense of some zone and man to man. I hope Fewell comes to play.* G-Men win** +7* my prediction
                    [/quote]

One thing people always praise Eli on is preparation. You know he's preparing for a crappy surface.

Granted, this is the 49ers home field, so they will understand the surface better than anyone....but I still think bad weather separates the great QBs from the good ones.

Comment

[quote user="jomo"]Parcells says that bad weather favors the better team and that team is the New York Football GIANTS!![/quote]

+1
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

With the slick conditions I'm just worried of the timing between Eli and the recievers especially on crossing routes. The wr's won't be running at top spped in and out of cuts. Maybe it will become more of a vertical game with alot of slants. I do believe we will have an advantage with our skill players.

Comment

If it rains as hard as they say it might both teams will just have to deal with it. I don't see the home team having an advantage. With the way it's supposed to rain both teams will be playing on a field they are not used to seeing.

Comment

i don't agree that bad weather helps the Giants or even that it helps the better team

bad weather introduces more variables into the equation ... there will certainly be turnovers and the team that wins that battle will probably win the game

finally, i think there is an advantage to being the home team in bad weather ... momentum will be even more important and the crowd can feed any momentum

having said that ... let's WIN baby!!!! ... come on, these opportunities are so rare, we gotta do whatever we gotta do to win it!!!

Comment

Didn't it rain most of the 1st half against the Falcons? We did ok then.

Comment

Working...
                              X