Long year ahead of us Giants fans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Long year ahead of us Giants fans.

[quote user="buddy33"]I thought Jones looked real good this pre season. Just wish we saw more of him.[/quote]

Wish I saw him against real NFL starters too, instead of guys not making rosters.

Comment

[quote user="Denaliman316"]I am not panicking yet. We just signed Mitchell who I always thought we should anyway before the injury. Very underrated player in my opinion and he will learn Fewells system fast.

As for the Secondary, I am concerned as well. Ross still doesn't have me convinced. I still think we will bring in another corner besides Williams. Especially after this setback.
      [/quote]

We haven't signed him yet.

Comment

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="buddy33"]So the secondary is tissue paper thin with their #2 CB being Ross. They already had a weak LB group and now Goff is gone for the year. Not to mention that as big a fan of Kiwi that I am, he is a DE, not a LB. The DL looks great, but with a soft group of LB's and only one reliable CB, I'm afraid it could be 2009 all over again.

Out only hope is that for some reason Ross actually plays like a 1st round pick, Prince comes back soon and is as good as billed, and the rookie LB's are able to play well this season.[/quote]

agreed if i were u I wouldnt waste my time watching them this year...see ya next season[/quote]

Go root for the ****ing Eagles then, bandwagon fan.

Comment

Losing Goff is huge...He was getting better and better each year, and Has shown improvement in preseason. Coughlin is going to have to lighten up the practices because I would rather have a healthy Jon Goff missing practices than rookies Greg Jones and Herzlich.

I seen many people say that Goff can easily be replaced but thats not true. How much can u expect out of rookies Greg Jones and Herzlich. It kind of reminds me how many people wanted Sintim to start over Goff last year.

Comment

Yeah Goff was looking really good this pre season.

Comment

[quote user="TheAngryTuna"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="buddy33"]So the secondary is tissue paper thin with their #2 CB being Ross. They already had a weak LB group and now Goff is gone for the year. Not to mention that as big a fan of Kiwi that I am, he is a DE, not a LB. The DL looks great, but with a soft group of LB's and only one reliable CB, I'm afraid it could be 2009 all over again.

Out only hope is that for some reason Ross actually plays like a 1st round pick, Prince comes back soon and is as good as billed, and the rookie LB's are able to play well this season.[/quote]

agreed if i were u I wouldnt waste my time watching them this year...see ya next season[/quote]

Go root for the ****ing Eagles then, bandwagon fan.[/quote]

the eagles?? nooo..I'm a Green Bay fan

Comment

[quote user="Denaliman316"]I am not panicking yet. We just signed Mitchell who I always thought we should anyway before the injury. Very underrated player in my opinion and he will learn Fewells system fast.[/quote]

We haven't signed him yet, and there's actually no guarantee that we will. Some sources have said "maybe" and some have said "likely", but nothing definitive.

Comment

o ye of little faith.

no one remembers buddy's gem "the giants will be lucky if they win 2 games this year" thread??

him making this thread guarantees makes me feel a little better. buddy has come off as an *** before but i respect him now, just not his predicting skills which he'ls like 0 for 1000. so thank you buddy for the reverse jinx

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue1971"]

[quote user="buddy33"]So the secondary is tissue paper thin with their #2 CB being Ross. They already had a weak LB group and now Goff is gone for the year. Not to mention that as big a fan of Kiwi that I am, he is a DE, not a LB. The DL looks great, but with a soft group of LB's and only one reliable CB, I'm afraid it could be 2009 all over again. Out only hope is that for some reason Ross actually plays like a 1st round pick, Prince comes back soon and is as good as billed, and the rookie LB's are able to play well this season.[/quote]

i wouldnt look at this as a glass half empty kinda deal!

i feel as bad as anyone else bout our injuries, but it cant stop there!

do not be surprised if the Giants play much better than you expect right now!

hang witus!

[/quote]

Ill always hang with the Gmen, I love them more than my fiance and just as much as my daughter lol.. seriously though I hope they play great and defy the odds, but the realist in me says that we are looking at an 8-8 season at best....

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]So the secondary is tissue paper thin with their #2 CB being Ross. They already had a weak LB group and now Goff is gone for the year. Not to mention that as big a fan of Kiwi that I am, he is a DE, not a LB. The DL looks great, but with a soft group of LB's and only one reliable CB, I'm afraid it could be 2009 all over again.

Out only hope is that for some reason Ross actually plays like a 1st round pick, Prince comes back soon and is as good as billed, and the rookie LB's are able to play well this season.[/quote]Damn buddy, hold out just a bit longer before you quit on the season this year. I have week 3 in the pool, figured even you couldn't go earlier than that.

Comment

[quote user="Overdrive92"][quote user="Denaliman316"]I am not panicking yet. We just signed Mitchell who I always thought we should anyway before the injury. Very underrated player in my opinion and he will learn Fewells system fast.[/quote]

We haven't signed him yet, and there's actually no guarantee that we will. Some sources have said "maybe" and some have said "likely", but nothing definitive.[/quote]

I'd rather see Jones anyway.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]o ye of little faith. no one remembers buddy's gem "the giants will be lucky if they win 2 games this year" thread?? him making this thread guarantees makes me feel a little better. buddy has come off as an *** before but i respect him now, just not his predicting skills which he'ls like 0 for 1000. so thank you buddy for the reverse jinx[/quote]

I do! It was fun! [Y] Buddy took a beating but kept on ticking! []

Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

[quote user="bigjeep"]

[quote user="giantsfan420"]o ye of little faith. no one remembers buddy's gem "the giants will be lucky if they win 2 games this year" thread?? him making this thread guarantees makes me feel a little better. buddy has come off as an *** before but i respect him now, just not his predicting skills which he'ls like 0 for 1000. so thank you buddy for the reverse jinx[/quote]

I do!* It was fun!** [Y]* Buddy took a beating but kept on ticking!* []

[/quote]

Lol. Beating from a message board? Nah man. I said "may" and "if" but people omitted what they wanted. Funny thing is that those same people will go on how they won 10 games but they still missed the playoffs so what's the difference? It was a season lost due to mistake after mistake which was my point. The only thing I didn't account for was them handling the easy teams so well.

Is this a prediction? No. Just my opinion based on injuries. I liked this team a lot before all of the injuries. I just think there are to many. They can say what they want but does anyone feel comfortable with Ross as the 2 and Coe/Williams as the 3 CB's? Especially in the 2nd half of the season?

The LB group was nit the best but Goff was getting better. That's all over now and I still think Kiwi is a DE, not a LB. Hope I'm wrong and they surprise me.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="bigjeep"]

I do! It was fun! [Y] Buddy took a beating but kept on ticking! []

[/quote] Lol. Beating from a message board? Nah man. I said "may" and "if" but people omitted what they wanted. Funny thing is that those same people will go on how they won 10 games but they still missed the playoffs so what's the difference? It was a season lost due to mistake after mistake which was my point. The only thing I didn't account for was them handling the easy teams so well. Is this a prediction? No. Just my opinion based on injuries. I liked this team a lot before all of the injuries. I just think there are to many. They can say what they want but does anyone feel comfortable with Ross as the 2 and Coe/Williams as the 3 CB's? Especially in the 2nd half of the season? The LB group was nit the best but Goff was getting better. That's all over now and I still think Kiwi is a DE, not a LB. Hope I'm wrong and they surprise me.[/quote]

All Giants fans are intitled to there opinion! [Y] No matter what anybody says! []

Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Re: Long year ahead of us Giants fans?

[quote user="buddy33"]So the secondary is tissue paper thin with their #2 CB being Ross. They already had a weak LB group and now Goff is gone for the year. Not to mention that as big a fan of Kiwi that I am, he is a DE, not a LB. The DL looks great, but with a soft group of LB's and only one reliable CB, I'm afraid it could be 2009 all over again.

great thread

Comment

Working...
                                X