Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli as an Elite QB revisited by years end.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli as an Elite QB revisited by years end.

Eli has shown that every time he is questioned or had to face adversity, not only did he meet it head on but surpasses it. I believe he will have analysts asking that question before years end, based on his play (positive).

He knew what he was saying, and would have known he would have to back it up. I do not think he did that carelessly. That is not his style.

By the way, I have been fairly close to Projecting Elis numbers last two years.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: Eli as an Elite QB revisited by years end.

I really hope you're right. I go into every year thinking he'll improve, and I'm sure many go into every year thinking he'll implode. I'm a huge Eli homer (in the sense that he's my favorite player, not in the sense that I think he can do no wrong), and it would be really disappointing if he responds to the adversity by taking a step sideways this year.

Comment

[quote user="LT_was_good"]I really hope you're right. I go into every year thinking he'll improve, and I'm sure many go into every year thinking he'll implode. I'm a huge Eli homer (in the sense that he's my favorite player, not in the sense that I think he can do no wrong), and it would be really disappointing if he responds to the adversity by taking a step sideways this year.
      [/quote]Pretty much agree with all you have written. When he makes mistakes I will say so, but when he does good, all the haters go hiding in the shadows.

He has improved every year, and I cannot see why he wouldn't hit that final step.
      Peace,
      DragonSoul

Comment

Eli is the least of my concerns right now.

We have a team that can't stay healthy. Chevy Chase is less injury prone.

Comment

[quote user="JMFP2"]

Eli is the least of my concerns right now.

We have a team that can't stay healthy. Chevy Chase is less injury prone.

[/quote]

eli is the main concern. if he plays good we win
          Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

OMG....who gives a flying crap if he is elite or not...
            Just limit the picks and win games......

he doesnt have to be elite and it doesnt matter how many better QBs in the league there are.
            Only wins matter.....
            The only list I want to see Eli and the rest of the Giants on are the post season rosters....
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Ever year once the weather gets cold and bitter with a bit of wind you will see the coward come out of ELI....when facing adversity he does not combat it .. he hides in his shell.

This is why he should have stayed in warm weather SD.

My hope is to see Eli turn into a man...I know that's asking alot and quite unreasonable but one can only hope

Comment

[quote user="bigblue999"]Ever year once the weather gets cold and bitter with a bit of wind you will see the coward come out of ELI....when facing adversity he does not combat it .. he hides in his shell.

My hope is to see Eli turn into a man...I know that's asking alot and quite unreasonable but one can only hope[/quote]

And I guess he didn't win the NFC championship in -35 degree weather in Green Bay in January 2007?
                Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

What are your expectations for his stats?

Comment

I'm starting to hate the word "elite" as much as the non-word "physicality".
                    overused and trite.

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually wait until "years end" to rehash and re-tread this stupid argument...again and again and again and again.... maybe we could change things up a little and argue about whether or not Zak Deossi is an "elite" long snapper... Just look at his numbers.....no, don't be stupid, numbers don't mean anything..... did he snap his way to a superbopwl victory??....no, you idiot,that doesn't mean anything..... but look how much he's paid, he should be elite for that much snapping dough...but he's not paid that much more than other long snappers.... yeah, but he's not as good as the long snapper for New England, or no where near as good as his brother...er, father... so, that doesn't mean he's not elite....

Comment

[quote user="Gmen2005"]What are your expectations for his stats?
                        [/quote]Might take a shot at it again this year. Will have it up before Sundays game.
                        Peace,
                        DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="Mercury"][quote user="bigblue999"]Ever year once the weather gets cold and bitter with a bit of wind you will see the coward come out of ELI....when facing adversity he does not combat it .. he hides in his shell.

My hope is to see Eli turn into a man...I know that's asking alot and quite unreasonable but one can only hope[/quote]

And I guess he didn't win the NFC championship in -35 degree weather in Green Bay in January 2007?
                          [/quote]

Brandon Jacobs, Bradshaw, plaxico, and the defense...not to forget tynes

Comment

[quote user="bigblue999"][quote user="Mercury"][quote user="bigblue999"]Ever year once the weather gets cold and bitter with a bit of wind you will see the coward come out of ELI....when facing adversity he does not combat it .. he hides in his shell.

[/quote]

Brandon Jacobs, Bradshaw, plaxico, and the defense...not to forget tynes[/quote]
                            lol tynes, No offense to him but it took him 3 tries to make one field goal. It was a team effort and let's leave it at that, no need to tarnish our memory of the 2007 team, by having a 10 page thread argument about them.

Comment

[quote user="Gmen2005"]What are your expectations for his stats?
                              [/quote]this was last yrs.... 3600 yards, 26 tds, 15 ints, and 61+% comp. percentage, and 7+ ave. per comp attempt. I was a bit off on the total yards by 400 and 25 ints (figured w/new wrs the yards would improve based on their yac but wasnt expecting it to jump much higher because of the growing pains with non-vet wrs, and i was off by ints by 10 but if you go by the records that he officially caused from other sources they say he should have only had about 15-17 ints total. Since about 8-10 were tipped balls)
                              Peace,
                              DragonSoul

Comment

Working...
                              X